Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide
    #3806066 - 02/20/05 07:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry if this has already been asked; I searched the forums but couldn't find what I was specifically looking for. I don't know how familiar any of you are with this guide, but I decided that it looked like the easiest to accomplish due to the fact that it was the most detailed guide I've seen. Basically, since I'm a newb, I wanted to be able to follow directions STEP BY FRIGGIN STEP! Anyways, if you've already read the guide, don't bother reading the excerpt of the section entitled "Growing Shrooms" that I'm going to post with this message. I just came across the fact that the wizard doesn't say anything about light after letting the casing sit for a week...I really thought that you are supposed to give the mycelium light so they know that it's time to grow mushrooms? Was I seeing things? I was going to give the casing about six hours of indirect sunlight every day, but I'm not sure if that's sufficient or not? Any input would be appreciated...

Next part is from www.shroomwizard.com/growguide.html ... nothing about using light...?

"GROWING SHROOMS"

This is the last and final phase of the cultivation process; it is also the easiest and most fun because it is the actual growing and picking of the mushrooms themselves. We have now waited five or six weeks to get to this point and I know that everyone is excited about finally being able to see the fruits of their labor.
Step 1: It is now time to remove the lids from your trays and let the fungi breathe some fresh air. By now you could have some white fungi (mold) growing across the surface of the soil. This is your mature mycelium looking for a place to have its babies (mushrooms). If there are no signs of mycelium growing on the surface of the soil it is not a sign of failure. Remove the lids from your trays and put them away, we will no longer need them until it is time to reuse the trays for another crop.
Step 2: Using your spray bottle of water, saturate the surface of the soil with 10 to 12 good pumps of water for each tray. You want the soil to be fairly wet, but not to the point that your plants will be sitting in still water. The layer on the bottom of your tray (soil/vermiculite) should be able to absorb most overwatering and release it back into the soil as needed. One thing you will notice is that when you spray the water into your tray(s) the mycelium on the surface of the soil will usually go away. This is quite normal and should not cause alarm. Mycelium is supposed to grow underground and that is the reason it goes away.
Step 3: Continue watering the surface once or twice daily as needed. It will not take very long to be able to know when your trays need watering - when the surface is dry, it needs more water. They seem to need more water during the cold months because of the dry air in your home produced by your heater. If you have to miss a day of watering your trays for some reason, you can just lie the lid back on top of the tray, leaving about a one inch gap on one end so air can circulate, right after you water it. This will allow your mycelium to breathe but at the same time it will help reduce evaporation from the soil.
Step 4: Within a short time of removing your lids, one to two weeks, you should have several small mushrooms popping up out of each tray. When these mushrooms start to open up and break the veil under the cap, they are ready for harvest. Just reach in and grasp the stem as close to the soil as possible and give a twist, it will pop right out (I recommend cutting the stem about 1/2" above the soil with clean scissors).
Step 5: This is not a step, just a reminder to keep spraying, and keep harvesting, until the tray no longer is producing shrooms (one to two months). When your mycelium finally quits producing shrooms you can dump out your tray, wash it and reuse it over and over. Well, that is my method. It is really easier to do than most people think. If you have any questions about this procedure you can check out my "faq" section. If you don't find your answers there, feel free to e-mail me your questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

The wizard also says in his FAQ section..."As long as the plant gets just a few seconds of light each day it is sufficient, and since you will be watering it on a daily basis it will get it's required light at that time. Light doesn't hurt or help the mycelium itself, so there is really no worry about too little or too much light."'

Is this true? Light doesn't seem to matter that much to the wizard; and he seems to be like a trustable guru, so what's the real deal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide [Re: Raspo]
    #3806076 - 02/20/05 07:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes you need light to initiate pinning. But also you need to have good air exchange, and a drop in temerature. This does not seemed to be covered. I think you should try researching some of the teks in the shroomery. They seem to be a little more helpful in understanding the process. Also i do no suggest "saturating" the casing surface. This will only increase the time it takes to pin. Are you putting your casing in a terrarium??? What have you decided to do concerning daily air exchange??? This tek seems somewhat inept at covering all you bases.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3806199 - 02/20/05 09:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that tek is crap ime work with it for two yrs becouse i had no net and its the only one i had on paper

InvisibleBrotherJohn
Man Behind the Harmonica
Male

Loc: Somewhere I Have Always B...
    #3806629 - 02/20/05 12:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Shroom wizard is not only a joke,but he is a thief.He stole alot of money from me back in the day when i was just starting out.He used to sell mycelluim culture syringes,well i bought 10 and when i got them they were pink inside from contaminants.i quickly emailed him,he said he had a supplier drop ship them for him so basicly i was out of luck.i paid $15/a pece for thiose and he simply said...sorry,about 2 weeks later i received a package from him in the mail.i though maybe he replaced the syringes,but insytead when i opened it there was nothing inside except about 10 photocopied pages stapled together that said"shroomwizards grow guide"
and a note saying,sorry about the mixup but to make up for it ive sent an autographed copy of my grow guide!...:lol:
and it was the same tek you are quoting there,a joke.dont listen to a thing he says please.

--------------------
-I Lied and Told Her I Loved Her...She Didn't Care,But Anyway.......

OfflineElahrairah
new-growth
Re: Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide [Re: BrotherJohn]
    #3806772 - 02/20/05 01:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The best way to learn how mushies REALLY want to be grown is to read every tek and figure out what they all share in common.

they all need certain amounts of light, food, sterility, water et cetera, and by reading multiple you can get an idea as to what the real best method is. (if you read reputable ones listed at the shroomery faq)

--------------------
All instances of FOAF in this post have been replaced by I and My for clarity of reading. No relation to the poster is meant or implied.

OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Re: Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide [Re: BrotherJohn]
    #3806785 - 02/20/05 01:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Damnit, so does that mean that my casing is fucked??? Everything in the shroomery seemed really complicated with vague points. I'm using those plastic "Sterlite shoebox" type containers for the casing (I only have one so far because five of my jars were contaminated and one jar was not done colonizing, leaving me with two jars to case...I started with eight). I used a substrate of perlite/brf and added a bit of honey to my water. I can easily get a lot of air circulation and light...should I keep the air circulating 24/7???

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
    #3806807 - 02/20/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, once you start pinning them, the more air circulation, the better...that is, as long as you can maintain a steady rH of around 85-95%

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

OfflineIshtar93
Stranger

#8598735 - 07/05/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The problem I see with this tek is he says use shoebox size rubbermaids which produce weak shrooms. He also mentions to use topsoil as the first layer when coco-coir nd verm are both a better substitute.
It's basically the same thing as the PF tek.

InvisibleDJYoshaBYD
Male

Re: Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide [Re: Ishtar93]
    #8598746 - 07/05/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ishtar93 said:
The problem I see with this tek is he says use shoebox size rubbermaids which produce weak shrooms. He also mentions to use topsoil as the first layer when coco-coir nd verm are both a better substitute.
It's basically the same thing as the PF tek.

ummmm.. shoe box sized ones are what I use.. thats not what cause "weak" mushies.. if its potency you are talking about, then your waaaaayy off.. lol

but if its the actual mushies themselves that are wack (small, thin, etc..), and your substrate is at least 3 inches deep, then the only thing that would cause that are grow conditions.. fae, rh, etc..

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Question about Shroomwizard's Grow Guide [Re: DJYoshaBYD]
    #8599474 - 07/06/08 01:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DJYoshaBYD said:but if its the actual mushies themselves that are wack (small, thin, etc..), and your substrate is at least 3 inches deep, then the only thing that would cause that are grow conditions.. fae, rh, etc..

:thumbup:

Try looking through this...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1910621#1910621 ;    :goodluck:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck