Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehomebrew

Jars and Innoculation
    #380341 - 08/27/01 10:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I have made a few stupid newbee posts in the past, however, after lurking for a few more months I am ready to make the plunge into cultivation. (THANK YOU 4 THE SPORES RALPH ! ! !) That said, I have questions about what I am about to attempt.

1. I am unable to find 1/2 pint jars (wide or regular mouth), but I have just bought 1/4 pint jars. From reading PF TEK, my thought process was that the less volume of substrate equals quicker colonization . Has anyone done a 1/4 pint jar innoculation? What were your thoughts on it? I suspect it should colonize faster. BTW I plan on doing 6 1/4 pints and casing with 50/50 in a perlite humidified cooler.

2. This question has to do with the actual innoculation. I have seen that most TEKs say 4 holes around the perimeter of the jar, and to wait for another week after the visible colonization so that the mycelllium can reach the inside of the cake. I plan on 4 holes, three equidistant around the outside of the jar and one in the middle of the jar. I think that this way you should be able to birth the cake when you see full colonization around the glass. Any Thoughts?

Thanks for listening.

relax and have a homebrew

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefungiamongi
journeyman
Loc: nc
Re: Jars and Innoculation [Re: homebrew]
    #380346 - 08/27/01 10:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

1/4 pints will be allright just not as much substrate. the hole config sounds fine. you may want to use the whole dozen though

if you get confused listen to the music play

--------------------
if you get confused listen to the music play

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Jars and Innoculation [Re: homebrew]
    #380347 - 08/27/01 10:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

1/4 jars are fine.

you innoculation idea will work also, however i still recommend waiting three days or so just to be sure.

larry

Dispite his racial handicap, this man is very important to me, he not just some ding-bat I picked up on the strip.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
Re: Jars and Innoculation [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #380922 - 08/28/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I have used 1/4 pint they work great for caseings however cakes don;t do well after the first flush or 2. They will colonize faster but not 2x as fast. It's more likely it will save you a few days tough.

I would also recomend waiting the 3 days after 100% colonization. From my experince the ones that i waited a few days before birth produce larger flushes. So it is worth the wait in the long run. However you can do what i did and wait on half and birth the rest. that way you get your cake and can eat it too so to speak.

L3D

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder