Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFozzywaka
Stranger
Black Dried turds
    #380114 - 08/27/01 05:31 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ok...if a mushroom dries up and turns black is there any reason not to eat it....these are little shrromlings I am talking about..not bug...did they just turn blue during the drying process? Did they rot while drying? i put em in, and they took like two days to dry out...some of em turned black though...they were bluing as soon as I picked em....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Black Dried turds [Re: Fozzywaka]
    #380121 - 08/27/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

OfflineHarmonyBlue3
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Black Dried turds [Re: Fozzywaka]
    #18127967 - 04/18/13 04:10 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fozzywaka said:
Ok...if a mushroom dries up and turns black is there any reason not to eat it....these are little shrromlings I am talking about..not bug...did they just turn blue during the drying process?  Did they rot while drying?  i put em in, and they took like two days to dry out...some of em turned black though...they were bluing as soon as I picked em....<br><br>

About 10 years ago u used to be able to order these kits out of HighTimes magazine. My roommates at the time, we ordered 1 kit just to see how they were. I think it was from the "homestead bookstore" or something like that. You get the kit and all you have to do is pull apart the top of the grow bag to drop a top of a Q-tip covered in spores into about a pound or two of rye berries. Wrap that up in a towel and you put it on top of your fridge for 2 weeks or so until they became completely colonized. Once colonized you mix the berries in with the supplied sterilized manure. the let that colonize. once colonized you dropped the temp then add 6 hrs of light a day. It was something like that i cant remember the exact tek but being sort of a noob at mycology and reading alot of advise on Shroomery that seems close. but getting to your question about the black shrooms. My roomates and i knew that these kits worked so we ordered 4 of them. Three of the strains were the same and one was cambodian. i cant remember the white ones. possibly golden teachers. Anyway, as the kits were colonizing there was one kit that had green mold contamination in the corner and we scooped it out with a spoon and it seemed to save the kit. But one kit seemed as if everything was going as planned but after pinning the mushroom would grow up and as soon as they formed a cap they would turn black and look like they died. now the whole kit did this. So 2 and a half kits out of four kits still wasnt bad being noobs.
The kit that turned black: (i hope this relates to your question) We picked all the little 1 inch tiny black mushies out of the kit and dried them out. One night my roomy split the pile of black disgusting pile of crap into 3 piles and said lets eat them. So.. we did! I shit you know that was the most potent trip i have ever had at that time of my life. If you ever put drops of motor oil in water and you get that kalidoscope of rainbow colors, i was seeing that just floating in the air and everything that had a reflective shine on it would reflect an awesome rainbow spectrum. So black ones are not so bad.  But i just checked back at your question and realized i went off on a tangent on something else. Sorry.  As far as i heard if its during the drying process its possible you could of bruised them before drying. Did they turn black after drying or during?

--------------------
~~~~just cuz we wonder doesnt make us lost~~~~

Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: milkyway.usa
Re: Black Dried turds [Re: HarmonyBlue3]
    #18127970 - 04/18/13 04:11 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

paragraphs nigga. jeezus.

:africaface: :whatwhatwhat:

--------------------
"Your mama's grow was so contaminated, the shroomery got trich." :headbanger:
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

OfflineMaJiK_420
...lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Black Dried turds [Re: boneynerd]
    #18127977 - 04/18/13 04:14 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

boneynerd said:
paragraphs nigga. jeezus.

:africaface: :whatwhatwhat:

I know, I tried to read it but couldn't; shit hurt my eyes after 3 seconds.

You said "I put em in" ... what did you put them in?

OfflineCapn Blue Beard
The Majestic Beard
Male

#18127981 - 04/18/13 04:15 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HarmonyBlue3 said:
Quote:

Fozzywaka said:
Ok...if a mushroom dries up and turns black is there any reason not to eat it....these are little shrromlings I am talking about..not bug...did they just turn blue during the drying process?  Did they rot while drying?  i put em in, and they took like two days to dry out...some of em turned black though...they were bluing as soon as I picked em....<br><br>

About 10 years ago u used to be able to order these kits out of HighTimes magazine. My roommates at the time, we ordered 1 kit just to see how they were. I think it was from the "homestead bookstore" or something like that. You get the kit and all you have to do is pull apart the top of the grow bag to drop a top of a Q-tip covered in spores into about a pound or two of rye berries. Wrap that up in a towel and you put it on top of your fridge for 2 weeks or so until they became completely colonized. Once colonized you mix the berries in with the supplied sterilized manure. the let that colonize. once colonized you dropped the temp then add 6 hrs of light a day. It was something like that i cant remember the exact tek but being sort of a noob at mycology and reading alot of advise on Shroomery that seems close. but getting to your question about the black shrooms. My roomates and i knew that these kits worked so we ordered 4 of them. Three of the strains were the same and one was cambodian. i cant remember the white ones. possibly golden teachers. Anyway, as the kits were colonizing there was one kit that had green mold contamination in the corner and we scooped it out with a spoon and it seemed to save the kit. But one kit seemed as if everything was going as planned but after pinning the mushroom would grow up and as soon as they formed a cap they would turn black and look like they died. now the whole kit did this. So 2 and a half kits out of four kits still wasnt bad being noobs.
The kit that turned black: (i hope this relates to your question) We picked all the little 1 inch tiny black mushies out of the kit and dried them out. One night my roomy split the pile of black disgusting pile of crap into 3 piles and said lets eat them. So.. we did! I shit you know that was the most potent trip i have ever had at that time of my life. If you ever put drops of motor oil in water and you get that kalidoscope of rainbow colors, i was seeing that just floating in the air and everything that had a reflective shine on it would reflect an awesome rainbow spectrum. So black ones are not so bad.  But i just checked back at your question and realized i went off on a tangent on something else. Sorry.  As far as i heard if its during the drying process its possible you could of bruised them before drying. Did they turn black after drying or during?

Holy wall of text, I come before ye and prithee you use the enter key on occasion

--------------------

My Level 5 Trip Report
Having a Troubled Grow? Read This!
Capn Blue Beards Brothel -  Old Grow Log
"I honestly dont grow drugs. I just try to provide them the perfect environment, they have to grow themselves."- MoGrow
** I have been gone for 10 months, any and all information I supply could be old, wrong and unintentionally fictional. I apologize for this in advance and recommend you wait for more information before settling on my advice.**

OfflineCapn Blue Beard
The Majestic Beard
Male

#18127985 - 04/18/13 04:22 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HarmonyBlue3 said:
Quote:

Fozzywaka said:

About 10 years ago u used to be able to order these kits out of HighTimes magazine. My roommates at the time, we ordered 1 kit just to see how they were. I think it was from the "homestead bookstore" or something like that.

You get the kit and all you have to do is pull apart the top of the grow bag to drop a top of a Q-tip covered in spores into about a pound or two of rye berries. Wrap that up in a towel and you put it on top of your fridge for 2 weeks or so until they became completely colonized.

Once colonized you mix the berries in with the supplied sterilized manure. the let that colonize. once colonized you dropped the temp then add 6 hrs of light a day.

It was something like that i cant remember the exact tek but being sort of a noob at mycology and reading alot of advise on Shroomery that seems close.

but getting to your question about the black shrooms. My roomates and i knew that these kits worked so we ordered 4 of them. Three of the strains were the same and one was cambodian. i cant remember the white ones. possibly golden teachers.

Anyway, as the kits were colonizing there was one kit that had green mold contamination in the corner and we scooped it out with a spoon and it seemed to save the kit. But one kit seemed as if everything was going as planned but after pinning the mushroom would grow up and as soon as they formed a cap they would turn black and look like they died. now the whole kit did this.

So 2 and a half kits out of four kits still wasnt bad being noobs.

The kit that turned black: (i hope this relates to your question) We picked all the little 1 inch tiny black mushies out of the kit and dried them out.

One night my roomy split the pile of black disgusting pile of crap into 3 piles and said lets eat them. So.. we did! I shit you know that was the most potent trip i have ever had at that time of my life.

If you ever put drops of motor oil in water and you get that kalidoscope of rainbow colors, i was seeing that just floating in the air and everything that had a reflective shine on it would reflect an awesome rainbow spectrum.

So black ones are not so bad.  But i just checked back at your question and realized i went off on a tangent on something else. Sorry.

As far as i heard if its during the drying process its possible you could of bruised them before drying. Did they turn black after drying or during?

There :smile:

--------------------

My Level 5 Trip Report
Having a Troubled Grow? Read This!
Capn Blue Beards Brothel -  Old Grow Log
"I honestly dont grow drugs. I just try to provide them the perfect environment, they have to grow themselves."- MoGrow
** I have been gone for 10 months, any and all information I supply could be old, wrong and unintentionally fictional. I apologize for this in advance and recommend you wait for more information before settling on my advice.**

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Black Dried turds [Re: Capn Blue Beard]
    #18129120 - 04/18/13 11:43 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

This is from 2001 guys.

:oldthread:

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

OfflineHarmonyBlue3
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Black Dried turds [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18156229 - 04/23/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Shyte!!  i guess that does look better.  Sorry abt the paragraph. New at forums.  Dont know the ways of the posts yet.  As you can see this is my 5th or 6th post.  i gotta start somewhere ya know! :smile:

--------------------
~~~~just cuz we wonder doesnt make us lost~~~~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder