Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
Bastards! They broke my syringes!
    #3799799 - 02/18/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I ordered my syringe Tuesday, and got it in the mail from USPS today. When I opened it up, all excited and everything, I discovered that the needles on BOTH syringes are broke off, and there is even a little bit of liquid that has leaked out! The only thing inside the package is a large plastic bag with the syringes in it, and a blank peice of paper and what looks like a small peice of some kind of foil.

I would think that they'd put styrofoam peices or at least bubble wrap in the box to protect the needles. The mailman has no idea what's in the box, so he probably just shook it around like an idiot. Or perhaps the company I ordered them from did it.

I'm not too upset though, because I got a KICKASS deal on these. I paid $8 for the syringe, and they gave me an extra one free (12 cubic centimeters each). Shipping was 6$. That's a total of 14$ for 24 cc of spores. I've seen a lot of sites that charge $15 for one syringe of 10 cc, and that's more than I charged for the whole bit!

I placed the syringes upright so that no more liquid will leak out. I'm assuming that the bag they are contained in is sterile, so hopefully I don't have to worry about contamination. Maybe I'll have mushrooms growing in the bag! :rolleyes:

Anyway, has anyone here ever had this happen to them or do I just have very bad luck? Perhaps next time I'll request that they ship my order via UPS. I can put the solution in a syringe that my grandma has for her insulin (she has diabetes... and yes, she said I could have one... I'm not going to steal it or anything), but it's a small syringe and the needle isn't very long... I don't know how I'd inoculate the jars with it. Or I could glue the needle back on the big syringe, but then I'd have to worry about not glueing it right or even worse, contamination.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bastards! They broke my syringes! [Re: deadmoap]
    #3799871 - 02/18/05 05:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes, it's happened a few times with luer slip syringes, I just prepped another and sucked the solution out with the new one

OfflineShrooms4Less
Shroom4Free
 User Gallery

Loc: Right Here
Re: Bastards! They broke my syringes! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3799970 - 02/18/05 06:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A Hint ---- Either order from somebody reputable --- www.thehawkseye.com or www.sporesdirect.com and get a good product, or save yourself the hassle and make your own and never have to order again unless want a different strain of course. Hope this helpes. Peace

--------------------
If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But ONLY if you're serious about adopting the vulture. - Deep Thoughts (Saturday Night Live)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Bastards! They broke my syringes! [Re: Shrooms4Less]
    #3800306 - 02/18/05 07:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

where did u order ure spores from so i kno not to go there

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
    #3800315 - 02/18/05 07:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ahh, that's it! I was trying to remember the website that I ordered from (apparently I forgot to bookmark). www.sporesdirect.com... ironic isn't it? That's one of the websites you said was reputable.

Maybe next time I could specially request that they pay bubble wrap or something in my order. But maybe there wont be a next time, because I ordered a pretty good strain. They don't have very many options, anyway.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3800322 - 02/18/05 07:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

they are reputable, have you emailed them and maybe sent a pic... I'm sure they'll replace the syringes and make sure they get there in better shape...

the ones I recieved were free and were in an envelope with a little bubble wrap,
far from being well packaged.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #3800330 - 02/18/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When i first read his thread i knew he was talking about spores direct. Don't blame shitty shipping on a spore supplier. The carriers are horrible at not beating boxes up. Email spores direct and I bet they'll have a replacement out to you asap. Mod, please lock this thread before it goes further.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
    #3800400 - 02/18/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, hold up before you go callin' the mods to have my thread locked up and let me get some help.

So... you really think that if I email them, prefferably with a pic, that they'll send me a replacement?

When I order seeds, the supplier seems to take very good care of packaging. Very professional and discreet. I think this place should take the damn time to do things proper and not half assed.

But yeah, I do agree that carriers do abuse items in shipment. I once ordered some hydroponic fertilizer from a reputable company... UPS made my box look like it was raped by 100 monkeys, yet there's been other times that the box was in perfect condition.

Edited by deadmoap (02/18/05 07:48 PM)

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

#3800419 - 02/18/05 07:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

edit that bro....

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Offlinebixo
Dremel Addict
 User Gallery

Loc: The Autobahn
    #3800428 - 02/18/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would definitely recommend sporeworks :thumbup:

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Bastards! They broke my syringes! [Re: Taskenti]
    #3800438 - 02/18/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ya man, first thing you should do is contact the supplier before posting on a forum. Almost every supplier i've dealt with has fixed ANY problem whatsoever quickly with no questions asked. Props to the hawks eye.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
Re: Bastards! They broke my syringes! [Re: derx]
    #3800469 - 02/18/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"edit that bro...."

We can't talk about "the great herb of another kind" here? Damn.

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

#3800472 - 02/18/05 07:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

we can....but prolly shouldnt talk about what you were talkin about..

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3800494 - 02/18/05 07:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deadmoap said:
So... you really think that if I email them, prefferably with a pic, that they'll send me a replacement?

that should always be your first course of action... you came in beating up a
vendor as if it were their fault, they drop them in the box and then in the mail.
shit gets treated rough in the shipping industries... most vendors, not just the
spore trade, are more than willing to rectify any problems with their products.

I bought some glass candle holders for my wife last year, one was broken and a
replacement arrived 4 days after calling to let them know. Our vendors are no
different, it's their lively hood. one real complaint is 10 customers that they loose.

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
    #3800510 - 02/18/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Alright I think I'll send them an email, with a pic so they know I'm not bullshitting. Very professional, short, and informative letter.

I still don't really see a reason to lock this thread... only if it turned into a flame puddle or if everyone was going off topic or something like that.

And "coming in here beating up a vendor" isn't really a good way to put it. :p I said in the original post that I wasn't too upset, and they gave me a kickass deal on the price. Now if they charged me $17 for 10 cc and gave me only one syringe, which was broken... then I'd be upset.

Edited by deadmoap (02/18/05 08:10 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3800617 - 02/18/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deadmoap said:
I still don't really see a reason to lock this thread...

Neither do I, it's a legitimate beef as I'm sure the vendor will agree, please
if you would, post here with the results of how its handled. we all would appreciate that.

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

#3800667 - 02/18/05 08:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

^^^^ditto^^^^^

--------------------

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Bastards! They broke my syringes! [Re: Taskenti]
    #3800768 - 02/18/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sporesdirect is top notch maby the will start to use bubble wrape and maby some one better than usps boxes bounce a round a lot with them

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3800872 - 02/18/05 09:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Have you tried sticking the needles back into the syringes? One of mine popped out, and I just popped it back in again. It doesn't need to be cemented in there, just attached well enough so the syringe functions the way it should. You'll only be using it once, anyways.

Offlinedeadmoap
Trypping onTryptamines
Male User Gallery
    #3801376 - 02/18/05 10:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When I mean the needle is broke off... I mean that the actual plastic is broke. The plastic at the part where the needle connect to the syringe. I would definitely have to glue it... I tried putting it together... before I realized that it was broke. And what do you mean I'll only be using it once... I only have two jars to inoculate! I only need to use 1 cc, or a little less, for each one. And then if these jars colonize and I know I'm doing everything right... I'll make a few more.

Anyway, I opened up the package again to look at the needles... and I got curious about the peice of aluminum foil they put in there. So I unfolded it... and inside I see a black, soot like substance resembling the bottom of a mushroom cap! I did this in the dirtiest room in the house with dirty hands... as soon as I saw what was inside, I immediately said "oh shit!" and folded it back up.

So I'm assuming this is a spore print. I know absolutely nothing about spore prints. Do you think I could use this? Btw if this is a working spore print, PLUS two syringes, then I got a really, REALLY kick ass deal. $8 for all this, plus shipping... some places charge $21 for just a print!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale