Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrazymanja
Bug Eyed Earl
 User Gallery

Loc: I GOT SHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOIL MOIST
    #3791316 - 02/17/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I recently up a post regarding the product SOIL MOIST. I called the company and was told it could be sterilized and that it contained nothing but polymer (no enzymes, bacteria etc etc etc). I was experimenting today and found that one tablespoon of SOIL MOIST will hold 1.5 cups of water. I mixed 2 tablespoons of SOIL Moist and 1 dry liter of perlite with 4 cups of water to fill the bottom of my grow chamber (10g fish tank). The mix made a 3in layer on the bottom of the grow chamber. The grow chamber sits inside a plastic bin with a snap on lid.  The fish tank is put inside the plastic bin with a glass cover on top. I filled the bin with enough water to come up to four inches on the side of the tank. In the water I have two heaters and a power head (water pump) to circulate the water keeping the temp steady inside the grow chamber. I keep one heater on the low end of the growing temp spectrum and the other on the high end. This ensures the shrooms are always in the optimum temp range (I hope). I have been able to keep the temp at 80 degrees and the humidity at 94% but still have some more tests to run before I start. Wish me luck!! I will update under the post SOIL MOIST. :rasta:

--------------------
"My mom thinks I'm special"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: SOIL MOIST [Re: crazymanja]
    #3791763 - 02/17/05 03:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hm ur taking it way to serz , just get some peat moss and some co co coir and mix up in a oven bag then PC it ! bang casing for bulk

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlinecrazymanja
Bug Eyed Earl
 User Gallery

Loc: I GOT SHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: SOIL MOIST [Re: liveby]
    #3792057 - 02/17/05 06:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm used to the heaters and water movement to keep temp stable (saltwater fish aficionado). Plus I gotta grow in the garage per the ol lady and want a setup that is pretty much automated. I thank ya for the post but I don't want screw this up (Being my first grow). I have been looking a casing but have yet to even receive a spore syringe so I am very new to all this. Well back to the LAB. Take it easy.......

--------------------
"My mom thinks I'm special"

Invisiblelicker
DT LOVER
Re: SOIL MOIST [Re: crazymanja]
    #3792383 - 02/17/05 08:27 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i do the same liveby

--------------------
I love the shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds