Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Lexapro vs Society
    #3790003 - 02/16/05 04:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well the short interval of craptasma has begun; I quit taking Lexapro about 2-3 days ago.  I had been taking the damn SSRI drug out of desperation for the second time in my life.  I started around the start of December on 10 mg and then was upped to 15 mg about 2 weeks later by my ol' psychiatrist.  About 3 weeks ago I got so fed up with the fatigue, erectile dysfuction, apathy, and other latent side effects.  Every week I lowered my doage about 5 mg until I decided I was at a low enough dosage to cast aside the shackles of psychoactive pharmaceuticals that capitalism has decided is the answer to my problems.

I didn't notice the slightest bit of withdrawal until I was working out at the YMCA last night.  I began to get a mild degree of the extremely odd and annoying electric shocks which made me feel nostalgic due to the fact I had experienced the intense version of these pulses in my brain the first time quit taking 20 mg cold turkey years back.  Rather than being an alien, unbearable sensation as they were in the past, the pulses felt more like a peculiar sensation.  It reminded me of the times as a kid that I would play with the electric fences at my grandparents farm- painful but such a sensation that I continually touched the wire to experience it almost interminably.

Anyways, it's tomorrow and I've noticed that while I feel the slightly crappy withdrawal, I feel WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than when I took the damn drug.  When I was weening off, I noticed that I felt way less depressed, anxious, and antisocial by the day than while I was taking full dosages of Lexapro.  Best of all, my secks drive has arrived like that new elevator that replaced the one stuck on the 7th floor.

I guess the point of this post was that, while I feel lethargic, mentally weak, and cold, I can see the prescription-free, healthy light at the end of the Lexapro tunnel.  This is my second experience with this SSRI bullshit, and these withdrawal effects should subside within a week.  While I may have lost some of my lifespan to using an SSRI as a crutch (who knows the long term effects?), I certainly have gained a lot.

When Lexapro and Clonezapam weren't enough, my psychiatrist told me to take the new class antipsychotic, Seroquel.  Western medicine failed me. If there's a reoccurance with depression, anxiety, braindeadedness, et cetera (which there likely will be), then holistic medicine will be my approach.

Now excuse me while I go run around town to combat my apathy.  I hope everyone else has a shroom-filled day, and can improve their life and health as I am attempting.  :heart: :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMyInsanityTrip
Stranger

Re: Lexapro vs Society [Re: Society]
    #3791841 - 02/17/05 03:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just quit everything and go live on the streets for a while.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Lexapro vs Society [Re: MyInsanityTrip]
    #3791992 - 02/17/05 05:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm feeling a bit light-headed; sounds like a plan.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Lexapro vs Society [Re: Society]
    #3792491 - 02/17/05 09:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When I was first going through the shit called my divorce, I was diagnosed bipolar. I was put on meds once and they made me feel apathetic. A few monts later, I went off of them.

First, I think it was the divorce that caused me to feel so bad. I don't think I was bipolar. I think I just had a stupid psychiatrist.

Second, even if I was bipolar, I would rather be half crazy than be apathetic and tired and lethargic.

I realize that there are people who are seriously bipolar who have made suicide attempts. I wouldn't recommend those people go off meds. But sometimes I think we too easily as a society look to drugs to make us happy, or not sad.

We're all a little half-crazy, or a little sad, or whatever. Just go live life anyways.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lexapro vs Society [Re: Frog]
    #3793121 - 02/17/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, it all depends.. whatever is most benefitial to you overall then do that.. it can be very difficult though. i think antidepressants are definitely overprescribed in this country, and while a lot of people aren't doing well, they could be helped by means other than a pill. But for the people that really do need antidepressants, it's real difficult. one day there will be something that will solve this problem more efficiently and without the side effects, maybe in our lifetime.. but it's not going to be soon enough to help any of the people that really need that, so we're out of luck.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: Lexapro vs Society [Re: Locus]
    #3793713 - 02/17/05 02:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I believe that some people can ONLY be helped with pharms, but many other people can just resolve there problems through MUCH safer means. I assume I'm the latter, and I'm glad I'm going to be drug-free. This electric whoosh pulse thing is definately effecting my mental clarity, strength, and energy. I was trying to write a short paper for this writing prompt while my mind kept going to completely blank, I couldn't think of words to use, and I was making words up unintentionally.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale