Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineinsectvhore
lord of flies

question concerning pins on non-fully-colonized cakes
    #3778343 - 02/14/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

a few of my cakes never fully colonized, so i was cleaning them out last night and one cake which had some splotches of mycelium growth on part of it had sprouted a few inch-long pins while still in the jar..is it ok to eat these?

there didnt appear to be any contamination in the jar, there was just patches of white growing on one side, while the rest of the cake still just looked like wet substrate..
theres maybe two or three grams undried, so i doubt it will do much, but ill feel guilty if i dont eat them, as long as it wont kill me...
thank you

and if youre wondering, five of the jars did fully colonize, and they are in the terrarium producing little bits of mushroom..although only one cake seems to be doing well...the rest wont seem to grow more than a centimeter off the cake...but the one has about four or five one and a half or two inch mushrooms growing off of one small section of the cake..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: question concerning pins on non-fully-colonized cakes [Re: insectvhore]
    #3778373 - 02/14/05 11:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if there is no contamination in the jar, they are fine to eat.

some contams are not as visible as others, though. if the rest of the cake still looks like wet substrate, it may be contaminated with bacteria. also, make sure there is not contamination inside the cake.

if you aren't certain there is no contamination, i'd toss them. a few inch-long pins is not worth getting sick over.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlineinsectvhore
lord of flies

Re: question concerning pins on non-fully-colonized cakes [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3778411 - 02/14/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

alright
thank you...
i checked the rest of the cake and noticed no unusual odors or colorings...but i will have to consider whether its worth the risk still i guess...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract