Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEdRosarioKid
Stranger
first time Casing success :) Almost any ways
    #3775088 - 02/13/05 05:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey whats up yall,

This grow that i am attempting is my first grow attempt ever. my original plan was to use the MMGG tek and birth my colonized jars to a perlite terrenium setup. But..... Im a pretty ambitious guy and decide to just jump right into casings instead of using cakes. So far i inoculated 6 jars. 5 of them are 100 percent colonized and 1 is closee but is possibly contaminated. what I did was i took three of the 100 percent jars and cased them using shroom wizards tek on his site. i put them away and waited. The guide recommended waiting 1 week before taking the lids off the containers but i just had to see what it looked like after 4 days.well the good news is about 65 to 70 percent of the casing top has mycelium growing on it and there are no contams. now i know that the mushrooms will only grow on the mycelium. what im planning on doing is making them fruit (putting the light on it) when the soil is close to 100 percent full of mycelium. do you think this is a good idea or should i just do it now? either way im pretty excited that my first grow was done with casings and it has nt gotten contaminated :smile:. any help would be kool. thanx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiliPharmer
Stranger
Re: first time Casing success :) Almost any ways [Re: EdRosarioKid]
    #3775264 - 02/13/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good deal! It is myfirst grow ever as well and I plan on casing using shroom wizard guide. I had 10 jars about 20% colonized and then lost for to a wierd yellow contam that smelled horrible. The 6 jars I have left are almost colonized fully. I'm glad to hear that this guide worked well. Good Luck!!!

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." -Dr. Johnson-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies