Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSEN_DF_26
Stranger
Humidifier Question.....
    #3766701 - 02/11/05 01:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm looking for a humidifier for two 80 litre [21 gallon] containers. In the search for one I came across this model [I'm not 100% sure it's that exact model, but very close] at Canadian Tire, for $29.99. Everything seems good, except for the 'Moisture Balance System' it comes equipt with. What it says is:

'Automatic Moisture Balance System? naturally adjusts output for maximum comfort'

I'm simply worried this will be a problem. I don't really need my humidifier adjusting itself and throwing off the humidity in the containers. What do you think, should I find another one? The humidifier will obviously be connected to the container via tubing by the way.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidifier Question..... [Re: SEN_DF_26]
    #3766742 - 02/11/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Won't work. Moisture balance usually means wick system. Look for one that uses a impeller or the spinning thing in it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSEN_DF_26
Stranger
Re: Humidifier Question..... [Re: Magash]
    #3766769 - 02/11/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's funny, I was actually looking for the company webpage hoping it had info on whether it was a wick system or not [no indiciation on the box] but it had nothing more.

Thanks.

Oh, and I was originally thinking of getting a vicks cool mist, but I was worried one might not be powerful enough [I have no experience using humidifiers]. Do you think it could run the two containers on its own?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidifier Question..... [Re: SEN_DF_26]
    #3766798 - 02/11/05 01:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It will depend on your ambiant humidity but it will provide enough air exchange and could quite probably keep up humidity. Either way, thats probably the best brand cool mist there is.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSEN_DF_26
Stranger
Re: Humidifier Question..... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3770106 - 02/12/05 03:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A friend actually managed to hook me up with one of these in good condition [he said he used it like twice]. Aside from grabbing a new filter for it, I'm guessing it'll get the job done? I ran it for a couple minutes and it worked perfectly.

According the the site it uses an impeller ['The motor-driven impeller draws up water through its pickup tube.....'], so it seems like everything is gravy. Infact, modification seems easy. If you notice on the shitty picture on the site, there is this small vent piece on the blue part. Thats where the humid air comes out [duh!] however this little vent piece pulls off. When I discovered this, what I did was cut a couple of the horizontal pieces [the 2 centre ones to be exact] so my 5/8" hose connecter would fit in snugly. Then I filled all the open spaces around the connecter with silicone. I did this because I wanted to avoid doing any damage to the humidifier itself, and I figured if I messed up the stupid removable piece I could throw it out and try another method.

Now theres one problem I've run into. With my containers, they didn't seem to seal as tight as possible so I put a silicone seal around the container and lide to tighten things up. The silicone isn't gonna last too long though, it's gonna peel off from putting the lid[s] on and taking them off repeatedly. Any other methods to create a seal between my containers and their lids? Or should I just not worry about it?

Thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom