Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevanner
Stranger
LSD/Mushroom Comparison
    #3763441 - 02/10/05 06:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hi you all,

I'm new here, this is my first post. I'm about to embark on an exciting chapter in psychedelics in my life, thanks to the resources of this website. Just a few more days! I'll get right to it. How does the LSD trip compare to mushroom trips? Let me give a quick history of my tripping experience, if it bores you skip on. I think the first time I even heard of LSD would be middle school around '87. It must have been health class and we were on the drug chapter (my favorite chapter!). The textbook showed pictures of what it's like to be high on various drugs. I recall the LSD photo being rather scary and I definately didn't want to try that drug! Fast forward to high school: by my sophomore year I'm smoking pot regularly. I didn't have any friends, but at least the stoner crowd let me hang with them. Some of them were doing acid, and tried to get me to try it but I was scared to. It must have been that picture from my middle school textbook. But my big brother told me I should try acid. The summer after my sophomore year I did a hit of blotter. It was beautiful.

Again, in the early 90's when I tried acid, it seemed like there was a lot of it going around in south Florida. Was there kind of a push for a psychedelic era of the 90's? There was the catchy phrase, "The 90's will make the 60's look like the 50's". Then there was the grunge bands. How about that Woodstock '94 deal? If there was a push, it sure lost it's steam. I never hear of any acid anymore.

But even the acid that is and was available, how would it measure up to the stuff they were doing in the 60's, like the original Sandoz? Even the black market acid of the 60's was supposedly strong too. It makes me wonder when it started getting weak. If there are any old timers in this forum, I'd love to hear your take on this. If you eat enough mushrooms, can you trip as hard as those guys did on Sandoz? My brother told me he felt shrooms were more visual than acid. I figured visuals were a good guage of how strong the stuff is, period. Acid might seem more potent, but a lot of it was just that speedy feeling drawn out for 10 hours.

Well I'm typed out. Thanks for reading this, I'd love to hear some input.

Matt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: vanner]
    #3763476 - 02/10/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Theres been countless threads about this, but I'll give my 2 cents.

Acid for me always seems more visual the mushrooms, but not as much of a body load. Acid is way more colorful and exciting then mushrooms. It gives you this "energy" that cant quite be explained, but you'll know when you do it. Mushrooms give me a very spiritual "connected" feeling, with good visuals, but a different type then acid. I'm usually not to energized on mushrooms either. My mushroom visuals seem to be kinda swirly with lots of melting. While acid visuals tend to be real bright and colorful, constant movement and life.

Acid is an electric, energizing sensation of colorful goodness. While mushrooms are more of an earthy, spiritual, mind fuck of melting entities and swirling ceilings :smile:

Offlinevanner
Stranger
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3763540 - 02/10/05 06:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't want to bring up an old topic. You know what it was, I couldn't do a search on a topic till I registered. I should have done another search after I registered.

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#3763922 - 02/10/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It seems to me that you are a well educated individual, and you're not just looking for another high. If that's the case, I would recommend trying the mushrooms during the daytime in nature. They have a very earthy feel to them, compared to acid which supposedly has a very metal feel to it. Supposedly mushrooms are much more spiritual and philoshophical than acid, which is more of a recreational drug.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3763974 - 02/10/05 07:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Alot of what you said is very true.

Comparing LSD and mushrooms, to use the age-old adage, is like comparing apples and oranges. Each have their pro's and con's, some moreso than others, but as a whole they are each perfect in their respective sense.

Preferences for either are entirely subjective. My advice is to do both, get a feel for them, and take it from there.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3764024 - 02/10/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthre...amp;o=&vc=1 http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1427364/page//fpart/1/vc/1  You won't able to access these until you've been a member for a certain time, and until you get a certain number of posts....but they answer your questions really, really well. Check them out as soon as you can!  :wink: :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3764450 - 02/10/05 10:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

they are two VERY different drugs. They compare about as much as weed and alcohol. for state of mind: Acid is funner and lets you explore the world that you live in, it's happiness on a paper. Mushrooms is scarier and takes more work to handle, it's introspective letting you explore yourself, find your problems and try to fix them. It also amplifies your emotions and if your not in control of them it can be a hell of a rollercoaster...

As for visually - closed eyed visuals are pretty similiar, acid might be more intense. Open eyed visuals are completely different. Shrooms seem to grow from things that are there, you can somehow ignore them easier than with acid. Acid visuals on the other hand are very in your face, shadow cubes come up and start blinking, very hard to ignore, yet very beautiful.

As for the body high it's quite different as well. Acid makes you feel invincible and all powerful in a sence. It boosts your energy and gives you jitters. You can find yourself clenching your teeth afterwards. Shrooms on the other hand sort of feel like a tummy ache that's warped into a weird euphoria, some people like, others dont.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: Toricious]
    #3764492 - 02/10/05 10:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Its hard to compare the 2, this topic comes up like twice a month. I find the visuals from LSD grow off things that are already there while mushroom visuals actually just appear from mid air. Ill try to add on whats been said above but the colors on LSD are more of a bright vivid feel while shrooms are more pastelle and natural.
Acid is like the Matrix, Shrooms is like Lord of the Rings

OfflineToricious

Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3764510 - 02/10/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

lol, I remember reading about someone who saw the matrix in theatres on acid, and was so stunned that he accidentally kicked the guy in front of him.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3764535 - 02/10/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"they are two VERY different drugs. They compare about as much as weed and alcohol."

are they really THAT different? other than the fact that they both produce euphoria, alcohol and weed have almost nothing in common. i though acid and mushrooms had at least some things similar in the fact that they both produce visuals, both expand the mind, both are psychedelic.

OfflineToricious

Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: Deviate]
    #3764547 - 02/10/05 10:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
"they are two VERY different drugs. They compare about as much as weed and alcohol."

are they really THAT different? other than the fact that they both produce euphoria, alcohol and weed have almost nothing in common. i though acid and mushrooms had at least some things similar in the fact that they both produce visuals, both expand the mind, both are psychedelic.

yes, they are two different drugs and share almost nothing in common. The visuals are a side effect and are both very different from one another.

--------------------

Offlinecaptmueller
chemical shaman
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: Toricious]
    #3764628 - 02/10/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

mushrooms vs acid ....i suppose perspective is the most important thing....personally i find either to be wonderful, but its based on set and setting more than anything....honestly, i dont consider either of them party drugs...both should be used for very spiritual shamanic journeys.. i personally consider ethnogens sacred, not to say i dont enjoy there use, i just always try to get something out of the experience. 4h0-dmt and lsd are both very powerful chemicals and will open doors...the trip is all in your mind...

captmueller
chemical shaman

Offlinevanner
Stranger
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: captmueller]
    #3765164 - 02/11/05 01:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I found this interesting article from High Times written in 1977.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_writings1.shtml
This electric feeling as someone described, is described by the author as a negative effect of LSD impurity. Maybe clean acid is supposed to be a smoother trip like mushrooms. Read the last sentence in the article, it's an attention getter.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #3765232 - 02/11/05 01:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my cat thinks that lsd gives more mechanical trips (i.e. in seeing mechanical or computerized items, fractals) vs mushrooms give a more organic vision perception. For instance you can watch tv on the ceiling on mushrooms but on acid you can see the matrix and words popping out of the walls that are changing color rapidily.

He never sees as much on mushrooms as lsd so far at least. Some mushrooms like amazons are way less visual and way more body high. Lsd is way more mental he thinks, mushrooms just aren't as intense, but then again you never know how much acid your really getting in a couple drops on your paw.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Edited by Fluxburn (02/11/05 01:55 AM)

OfflineDeviate
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3766774 - 02/11/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"yes, they are two different drugs and share almost nothing in common. The visuals are a side effect and are both very different from one another.
"

so does that mean that books like the therapeutic hand book of LSD and all other psychedelic writings that mainly focus on LSD would be useless for mushroom trips? why do some people and erowid say they are similar?

Invisiblehellbender

Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: Deviate]
    #3766935 - 02/11/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I find them to be more similar than dissimilar actually. If it were possible to "taste test" the peaks back to back, I'm not entirely sure I could tell which was which.

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: hellbender]
    #3767597 - 02/11/05 05:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IMO they do quite close to the same thing.

While the sensations, visualizations and related each have their own flavour, both seem to hypnotize you just the same.

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #3767654 - 02/11/05 05:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Also....

Am curious how many posts one must have to see the top post link you made Darkstar?

The one on thumbprints I can access just fine.

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
Re: LSD/Mushroom Comparison [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #3768352 - 02/11/05 07:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Deviate: be careful of what some people in here may tell you. In early trials, researchers found that subjects were unable to differentiate the effects of LSD and mushrooms. While some will swear on their lives that it's not true, it's possible that the differences ("earthy" vs. "boxy") are largely due to expectation.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3768585 - 02/11/05 08:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That article is crap......first off, the electric feeling is there for LSD no matter what the purity. second of all, that last sentence is ludicrous. LSD is LSD, the purity effects how much LSD gets on the blotter;
  This is an excerpt of one of Chinacat's posts, he spent years working with LSD......so he knows what he is talking about;
"TYPES OF CRYSTAL
Needlepoint-very pure(95%) white powerdery crystal,was available in small amount`s. The best of the best 
White Fluff-Very pure(95%) white light flakes of crystal. Still around and the most sought after. very pure
Silver-Good and clean(85-90%)-light greyish crystal. Was an unbelievable amount of this around in the late eighty`s and early nineties. Very good stuff. My first thumbprint was this kind. If you ate acid in the 80-90`s you probably sampled some silver.
Amber-Decent(70%?) This crystal varied from a light amber color to an almost dark brown color.Was always available.One batch called quadricept amber was the color of light honey and was very good.Lot`s a people worked with this crystal but I always would use silver instead since it was better and the same price.
Lavender-(60-70%?) light purple to almost black colored crystal. Like amber it varied batch to batch.
TJ(tornado juice) - purity unknown. I seen this shit in about four different colors and it always scared me. No experiance with it.
Champagne-(50-60%) black crystal, nasty stuff IMHO. I worked with it once and swore to never touch it again.

OK so you got some crystal and need to get it on blotter. It`s a pretty amazing feeling holding a jar in your hands that has 10 grams of crystal in it. That`s 100,000 doses in the palm of your hand. For dealing with laying we`ll say we got 1 gram. Acid is always layed 1 gram=10 tenpacks. A tenpack is tensheets. 1gram=10,000doses. If your laying needlpoint your doses will be 95mcg, because your crystal is 95% pure. If your laying amber your shit will be 70mcg, because it`s 70% pure. got it " 
Here's another one;  "What people fail to realize is that there are alot of other factors affecting
a trip that can make the acid seem more potent. Just as these same factors are also what make people feel that they can tell the difference between unpure and pure crystal by eating a small amount. I do believe someone could tell the difference between the amber and silver, but not because of the impurity's present, but by the difference in potency. If you take a hit that's 50% then you are getting 50mcg. If you take a hit that's 90% then your getting 90mcg.
Thats a noticeable difference as it's almost twice as potent."  So, you see, LSD is LSD......don't let that article scare you off, LSD is beautiful stuff, My parents didn't even know each other in the 60s, and every LSD trip i've had has been an incredible and life changing experience, beautiful beyond description. Really good acid is out there, it'll find you when the time is right!  :wink: :laugh: I find that there is a very noticable difference between LSD and mushrooms..my guess as to people thinking they feel the same is this; they both take you to similar places, plus they affect everyone in different ways. The thumbprint post came from the pub, which you can access, the Crystal to Blotter thread came from ODD, which you prob. can't access yet.

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (02/11/05 08:30 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order