Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
blind leaders of the blind
    #3751098 - 02/08/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The other day me and my friend were walking down fisherman's wharf when we saw something you don't see everyday. A guy and two ladies were linked arm and arm sporting sunglasses and brandashing walking sticks. We watched them walk straight into a brickwall, but fortunately they detected it with their sticks in time to avoid a 'head-on' collision. After that they felt their way back to the straight and narrow went on their merry way.

Seeing those poor folks together, swatting the ground with their 'feelers' was both one of the most pathetic and one of the most inspiring sights I've witnessed in a long while.

The famous verse came to mind, "...If they be blind leaders of the blind, both shall fall into the ditch...". I understand the intent of the saying, but I think, since we are all (often) very blind to spiritual things, don't we have a better chance if we band together -arm and arm? (excuse the cheesiness; answer honestly)

Edited by soulmotion (02/08/05 09:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: blind leaders of the blind [Re: soulmotion]
    #3751122 - 02/08/05 01:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes, yes indeed we do. All is relative to All :wink:

:heart:

guided guides..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (02/08/05 01:32 PM)

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: blind leaders of the blind [Re: Gomp]
    #3751700 - 02/08/05 04:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In the shroomer there exists brotherhood. But not many brothers. /me looks for login.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3751713 - 02/08/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I feel more sorry for people believing that crop circles are some mysterious phenomenon despite all the evidence for them being solely man-made.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: blind leaders of the blind [Re: Swami]
    #3751722 - 02/08/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Isn't so hard to believe that the english have space technologies that can design crop circles.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: blind leaders of the blind [Re: Swami]
    #3752701 - 02/08/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I feel more sorry for people believing that crop circles are some mysterious phenomenon despite all the evidence for them being solely man-made.

Many crop circles are obvious man made hoaxes. There are some crop circles, however, which exhibit unique characteristics; characteristics which have not yet been replicated by any hoaxers. Some of these features include EM radiation, threaded 'interlocking' stems, and higher crop yeilds in the effected grain. Those are just a few of the phenomena associated with a 'true' crop circle.

I believe it's possible that even "authentic" crop circles are man made, although the methodology to produce such escapes conventional science. Authentic crop circles may also be a phenomenon of nature; there are academic texts dating back to the 17th century describing crop circles, so it's not unlikely that they are a natural phenomenon.

Anyways, this is not a thread about crop circles. Swami, show me the evidence that all crop circles are man made and I will agree with you whole heartedly. I'm usually amused by your sarcastic comments, but that this post was a cheap shot without provocation; it only makes you the fool. Common, don' t do that to yourself.

Edited by soulmotion (02/08/05 09:48 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3752974 - 02/08/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Those people were not blind. From your description they had awareness of what was in front of them. One does not need eyes to see.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: blind leaders of the blind [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3753189 - 02/08/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ever hear about the new thing, where you got a video camera on your head, like attached to a helmet or some sort of headgear, and the signals, instead of feeding to a screen or monitor, feed into your mouth, onto your tongue, and you learn to interpret to signals and 'see' through the 'eye' of the video camera..?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: blind leaders of the blind [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3753215 - 02/08/05 09:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It has been done with sound as well, but rudimentary cybernetic eyes have also been tested with some success.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3753227 - 02/08/05 09:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how was it done with sound?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3753260 - 02/08/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I read it on slashdot.org about a week ago. The people were taught to interpret sound as obstructions to put it very simply. Like sonar.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3753268 - 02/08/05 09:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

woo.. next they'll give blind people trained dogs or something! or giant rats

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3753300 - 02/08/05 09:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't say it was terribly complex or impressive.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3753422 - 02/08/05 10:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't feel sorry for people who have problems. I actually applaud them. The other day, I had a client come in with a personal injury case. I found out he contracted cancer a few years ago, underwent chemo, and then had to get a job because he ran out of money.

I was so impressed with him that he went and got a job after going through all that. I told him, "Good for you!" Then I had to explain that in saying "Good for you!" that I didn't meant good for you that he had to treat for cancer, but good for you that he didn't buckle to the diagnosis and give up on life.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies