Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
spawning to organic composted manure
    #3741822 - 02/06/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Alrighty... I got some organic composted manure. I loaded it up in the pressure cooker. Its cookin right now. I got a bunch of jars ready to spawn. I couldnt find a tek for strait out composted manure so it would be great if someone could point me the right way. As well , can anyone tell me how much i can spawn with a pint of substrate? (wbs)

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevindicated
Lost
Re: spawning to organic composted manure [Re: prototypical_man]
    #3741949 - 02/06/05 06:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's been my understanding that pasturizing is far superior to pressure cooking manure when using the manure as a bulk substrate. This is because when you pasturize the manure you leave helpful organisms alive that defend the manure from bacteria but when pressure cooked your manure is left open to a wider range of contams than before... Since your already in the middle of pressure cooking your poo though there is no need to worry yourself. Just go on as you were and you can find all sorts of teks for manure here on the shroomery. If you confusion was that those teks were for manure and your was composted then you should have just used the regular manure teks... Same works wether it's composted or not.

--------------------
Even if that girl in your class didn't see you look at her thong, someone else did. That's one more person who thinks your a pervert.

Edited by vindicated (02/06/05 06:31 PM)

Offlinecasper7512
Danger
Loc: Shaolin
Re: spawning to organic composted manure [Re: vindicated]
    #3741972 - 02/06/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

from what Ive heard you just have to be even more sterile since you pcd it

--------------------

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3742067 - 02/06/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

get the compost wet till its almost slugdy (squeeze a fist tight and a little trinkle or few drops should come out)

Then bake this compost for 3 hours @ 160-180f. Cool overnite or a few hours and use!

Easy enough.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3742072 - 02/06/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

prototypical_man said: Alrighty... I got some organic composted manure.

A bag of it, from plant section of a store? Some works, SADLY ----------->most don't ........for many reasons. Most contain enough FUNGICIDE to cause a BIG problem.

--------------------

Offlinecasper7512
Danger
Loc: Shaolin
Re: spawning to organic composted manure [Re: agar]
    #3742117 - 02/06/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i just got some of this stuff im goin to try http://www.dirtworks.net/Compost.html - Composted Dehydrated Manure

http://www.dirtworks.net -Safe Natural Products and Information for Land and Hear

--------------------

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Re: spawning to organic composted manure [Re: casper7512]
    #3744688 - 02/07/05 09:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ORGANIC , cannot legally contain fungicide.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

#3744694 - 02/07/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

+ I do not have a stove available for cooking manure in.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3744718 - 02/07/05 10:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

look into getting a hotplate, I paid $25 at walmart for a 2 eye hotplate, it still
serves me well.

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Re: spawning to organic composted manure [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3745146 - 02/07/05 11:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I do have a hotplate that i can use outside. Is it possible that i could set it on medium low and pasturize in the pressurecooker?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds