Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Legalization
    #3721578 - 02/02/05 09:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Are you for the legalization of marijuana?
You may choose only one
Are you for the legalization of LSD?
You may choose only one
Are you for the legalization of crack-cocaine?
You may choose only one
Are you for the legalization of heroin?
You may choose only one
If so, what do you believe the minimum age should be for these substances?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (02/02/05 09:04 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Legalization [Re: Ravus] * 1
    #3722489 - 02/02/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Woulda asked for shroom too.....Definatley legalizaion of shrooms

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Legalization [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3722503 - 02/02/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Indeed, though I'd think anyone who's for the legalization of LSD would obviously be for the legalization of mushrooms, especially on a site like this. It's mainly the controversial ones I want to see people's reactions on, a libertarian vs. health viewpoint and such.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Legalization [Re: Ravus]
    #3722533 - 02/02/05 11:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ya...it looks like there is some "no"'s for LSD though. I think shrooms would probably fit right inbetween (if now with) MJ.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Legalization [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3722913 - 02/03/05 12:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's hard to say. There are is a certain percentage of people who should never be allowed to touch psychedelic drugs; for their sake and ours.

What's also hard to decide is the legal age for such substances. What would one consider an age of maturation? Moreso, how much of the populous the psychedelic experience increase the process towards maturation?

Since many of us agree that psychedelics provide a certain degree of recreation, regardless of original intent, therein lies a problem. Recreation always creates a possible pathway to abuse. You begin to wonder, maybe that's why they're all illegal. Not that I'm for it, but a good observation is: Keep it illegal, keep it simple.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3723264 - 02/03/05 02:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no way could we legalize lsd...there'd be so many people getting their hands on it that shouldn't get their hands on it. including kids and people who just wouldn't be able to handle it. you have to know when you are ready and if it was legal it could turn into a spur of the moment lapse of judgement on the hands of the inexperienced.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3723274 - 02/03/05 02:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm shocked to see that most people are against legalization of all drugs! Like really really really shocked! What the fuck is this people? Where is the logic? What are you thinking? Don't you see the war on drugs isn't working and it costs huge amounts of money? Don't you see how big criminal organizations are supported by drugs money? Don't you think we have the right to do with our body what we want ? Aarrrhhhhh.... I think I have to cry!

"the issue is freedom if you life in a free country you have the right to put anything you want in your own body, anything else is bullshit!" - penn and teller....

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Legalization [Re: TODAY]
    #3723284 - 02/03/05 02:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
no way could we legalize lsd...there'd be so many people getting their hands on it that shouldn't get their hands on it. including kids and people who just wouldn't be able to handle it. you have to know when you are ready and if it was legal it could turn into a spur of the moment lapse of judgement on the hands of the inexperienced.

Who are you to decide what others should do with their body? You can give information about drugs, but not tell others what to do with their body... That's exactly what the US gov does... deciding for others what's good and bad for their body. Please don't make the same fault!

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Legalization [Re: Annom]
    #3723407 - 02/03/05 03:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

imo all should be legalized,
and the age should be 19.

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3723416 - 02/03/05 03:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm for the eventual legalization of all substances, but I don't think it's practical to approach the subject of heroin or cocaine now.
There are very strong arguments that can be used to support the position that hard drugs and psychedelics should be banned. These arguments are based on an idea of the proper role of government that I don't agree with, but most people do. This is not the time to get into a discussion with anyone about legalizing LSD.

On the other hand, there are no convincing arguments that marijuana should be illegal. By concentrating on the issue of marijuana legaization, we can expose the horrors of the drug war and demonstrate that the proponents of the drug war have their own self interest, and not the interests of society, at heart.

Once recreational use of marijuana is accepted, and the social problems are seen by the majority of people to be less than the harm of marijuana prohibition, we can consider other drug policies in a realistic fashion.

OfflineBlueMeany215
Atom HeartMother
Re: Legalization [Re: phi1618]
    #3723919 - 02/03/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you have to know how to handle psychedelics, coke and heroin handle you, that is why psychedelics and pot should be legal. i love marijuana, i love mushrooms. i would really like to try peyote though

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Legalization [Re: BlueMeany215]
    #3724038 - 02/03/05 09:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It should not be illegal for you to put anything you want into your body. If you want to shoot up gasoline, who am I to stop you. Place a realistic tax on drugs based upon their danger to society. Use the tax money for education and rehabilitation. Minimum age can be either 18, or 21, but should match the age of "adulthood". In other words, if you are old enough to be drafted into the military, or to be tried in court as an adult, then you are old enough to smoke, drink, and have sex after dark doggy style.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBlueMeany215
Atom HeartMother
Re: Legalization [Re: Seuss]
    #3724123 - 02/03/05 10:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

seuss i do not agree with anything you can put in your body, a kid from the school i graduated from shot some heroin and did an oxy or something, and he ODed. but very well phrased "if you are old enough to be drafted into the military, or to be tried in court as an adult, then you are old enough to smoke, drink, and have sex after dark doggy style."

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Legalization [Re: BlueMeany215]
    #3724267 - 02/03/05 10:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

a kid from the school i graduated from shot some heroin and did an oxy or something, and he ODed

Any idea how many people die from using alcohol? How many people kill other while driving under influence? How many people get aggressive while drunk? You have to be consequent...

See how good the war on drugs works? Perfect example. Banning drugs doesn't stop people from using it. Look at this table. Weed can be bought in shops in Holland:

Even if you don't agree that everyone should make their own decisions about their body, you have to see that the war on drugs is not working! Banning something just doesn't work. What happened when they bootlegged alcohol?....

You can better use the money to provide good information!

Edited by Annom (02/03/05 10:51 AM)

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3724272 - 02/03/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Are you for the banning of alcohol?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (02/03/05 10:52 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3724304 - 02/03/05 11:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

On the banning of alcohol issue. Shouldnt the alcohol be broken down between the fermented alcohol(beer, wine) and the distilled alcohol(hard liquor)

IMO the distilled forms of alcohol are WAY more dangerous than fermented forms.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Legalization [Re: BlueMeany215] * 1
    #3724657 - 02/03/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

> Shouldnt the alcohol be broken down between the fermented alcohol(beer, wine) and the distilled alcohol

Hehe... this is exactly what led me to the 'everything should be legal' position. There are simply too many rules and loopholes and such when we try to make one type of thing legal but keep another type of thing illegal.

> a kid from the school i graduated from shot some heroin and did an oxy or something, and he ODed.

He didn't OD because he shot some heroin or did an oxy or something, he ODed because he took too much of something. The word, OVERdose... too much dosage. Had the drugs been legal, and had he been educated on the proper dosages, and had the drugs purchased been of a standardized strength, then the kid from your highschool would probably still be alive.

Who am I to tell you that you can drink alcohol, but not smoke tobacco. Who am I to tell you that you can smoke tobacco, but you can't eat sugar. Who am I to tell you what you can or cannot do to your body, or what you can or cannot put into your body? People have to be free to make their own decisions in life and they must be free to suffer the consequences of their actions.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Legalization [Re: Seuss]
    #3724704 - 02/03/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly. I'm extremely surprised so many people here on the Shroomery believe that the government should tell people what they can and can't put in their bodies by keeping certain drugs criminalized. I'm for the legalization of all drugs by those over 18

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3724821 - 02/03/05 01:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm for legalizing all those things. The minimum age should be 16 for marijuana and 18 for everything else.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Legalization [Re: Silversoul]
    #3724976 - 02/03/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

> The minimum age should be 16 for marijuana and 18 for everything else.

I disagree with you on this... high school is for learning, college is for exploring. Legal age should be 18 (or 21 if we want to raise the draft age). I do think parents should be allowed to decide if their children can do drug XYZ in the home, church, etc... so I am not 100% against the 16 year old smoking... but only if the parents approve of it and are present during the act. (I am also in favor of lowering the drinking age to 18, unless we raise the draft age and vote age to 21.)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale