Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetregar
Stranger
 User Gallery

Storage of dung
    #3707281 - 01/31/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just have a quick question, have searched the forums, but still a little unclear on best way to store dung. I have large amount of dried, sifted, dung. Can I store it outside in a pillow case, outside in a place that will stay dry all the time, tied up?? I imagine the pillowcase will allow gaseous exchange of air, and might be better than storing the dung in a sealed container in a garage or something like that.

Would dung be better off stored in sealed storage bags---or in a container such as a pillowcase to allow air exchange, and kept outside in a dry place where it won't get wet?

Edited by tregar (01/31/05 11:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Storage of dung [Re: tregar]
    #3707325 - 01/31/05 11:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If it's composted you can store it any way you like. Afterall, you're going to rehydrate, leech, and sterilize it before you prepare it for spawning anyways.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Storage of dung [Re: Holydiver]
    #3707330 - 01/31/05 11:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
If it's composted you can store it any way you like.  Afterall, you're going to rehydrate, leech, and sterilize it before you prepare it for spawning anyways.

mines dry.
i never leech and never sterilze.
stored in platic bag outside.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlinetregar
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Storage of dung [Re: Holydiver]
    #3707339 - 01/31/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, the dung will be sterilized and used with vermiculite and processor chopped wheat straw all mixed together and sterilized for 2 hours in autoclavable pre-seleable mycobags. Una's tek on pan cyans is to be followed. It's just that I can't use all the dung at once, and I was just wondering how to store the excess for a few months, until I'm ready to use the rest of it. In Una's tek the dung will be rehydrated when it is mixed up with an equal amount of vermiculite and pre-soaked wheat straw powder, the consistency will be checked to make sure only a drop or two falls out of a fistful, then it will be loaded into the bags for pc-ing.

Just curious if the rest of the dung (collected from a field) which I can't use right away will store better for a period of months in a sealed plastic bags (no air exchange) or in a permeous gas-exchange bag such as pillowcase sitting in a dry place outside. I suppose it doesn't matter at all.

Edited by tregar (01/31/05 12:08 PM)

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Storage of dung [Re: tregar]
    #3707432 - 01/31/05 12:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tregar said:
Just curious if the rest of the dung (collected from a field) which I can't use right away will store better for a period of months in a sealed plastic bags (no air exchange) or in a permeous gas-exchange bag such as pillowcase sitting in a dry place outside.  I suppose it doesn't matter at all.

keep it open.
closed bags will be very beneficial for other fungi or rot
to take over your manure.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlinetregar
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Storage of dung [Re: ohmatic]
    #3707455 - 01/31/05 12:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ahh, thanks ohm.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate