Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno
    #369961 - 08/10/01 10:04 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsycho
Pooh-Bah

Re: Pink Floyd [Re: ]
    #370371 - 08/11/01 08:23 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i think pink floyd is one of the better bands ive ever heard and i also think that the wall is one of the greatest musical works ive ever heard(if listened to as a whole complete peace of work).

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I am your GOD,all knowing,all powerful and...completely useless.

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

i feel so good,i feel so numb

Offlinedrugged_monkey
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: Psycho]
    #373762 - 08/17/01 03:23 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The last time I tripped (oh so long ago) I went to see "Pink Floyd- The Wall" the lasershow. It was aewsome. So awesome I went back the following weekend w/out shrooms it wasn't as good.

I have to agree w/ the comments of The Wall being one of the greatest music albums of all-time. It never get's old. Everyday there is some kid discovering it for his first time and it's just as cool to him now as it was when it first came out. It will live forever.

OfflineMaxawow
enthusiast
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: drugged_monkey]
    #373775 - 08/17/01 04:22 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I discovered Pink Floyd when I was in the 7th grade, and they soon became my favorite band.
My older brother had The Wall on vinyl and thats what really turned me on to them.
Every album of theirs is so different from one another. Each one was like a new discovery for me, like a new territory to be explored. Each album is so good in its own unique way. But of course I am referring to the Pink Floyd before Roger Waters went his separate way.

---Its like being stoned in 3-D!

Edited by Maxawow on 08/17/01 05:23 PM.

--------------------
---Its like being stoned in 3-D!

Offlinemakedrugsfree
Loc: Alaska, USA
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: ]
    #375069 - 08/20/01 07:24 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I agree, the older stuff is the greatest. So many people have just listened to The Wall and Dark Side of The Moon. Saucerfull of Secrets, Meddle, A Momentary Lapse of Reason are all awsome. Umbagumba is the trippyest floyd cd out there.

Offlinehatter
addict
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: makedrugsfree]
    #377480 - 08/24/01 12:11 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Piper At The Gates Of Dawn Is an unbelievable album, too. It is unfortunate what happened to Syd(fryed himself nuts, in case ya didn't know that already), but at the same time it is a strong possibility that the bands longevity wouldn't have been there without Waters taking the helms. However, there has to be a beginning to every success story, and this is a fantastic beginning...

How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------

InvisibleMeilikhios
God of Love andEcstasy
Loc: Nysa
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: makedrugsfree]
    #377937 - 08/24/01 04:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Don't forget More and Atom Heart Mother man !

While i agree with most of the albums you listed (especially umma gumma :cool: !),   A Momentary Lapse of Reason is not one of their early albums (it's from 86-87 i guess) and is completely mainstream (read : it sucks). Well at least it's how i feel about it :wink:.

--------------------
" Que l'illusion du ph?nix te terrasse !" - Phoenix Ikki

Offlinemakedrugsfree
Loc: Alaska, USA
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: Meilikhios]
    #378352 - 08/25/01 03:55 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You are completely right! I get confused when talking about Floyd. 14 albums + live and rare stuff is hard to keep strait. Piper is one that I like alot that I didn't mention, while A Momentary Lapse is one of my less favorite albums (although I like all of them, even the Final Cut, which really sucks). Oh yeah, like you said More and Atom Heart Mother rock too.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: hatter]
    #379737 - 08/27/01 03:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Piper was neat, but I never really cared for it. The songs start out so well and structured and fall apart into wild ramblings (eg// Interstellar Overdrive - it starts off awesome, then falls apart)

Offlinehatter
addict
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: Kid]
    #380496 - 08/28/01 04:13 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Of course they went into wild ramblings on Piper, Kid...Syd Barrett was 'mad as a Piper'...Still, there was a definite human substance within his songs(i.e. Matilda Mother, See Emily Play, Lucifer Sam, Astronomy Domine and his only "Saucerful" song, Jugland Blues)..something they never quite got back to in their later space rock quests, IMO.

Make no mistake, Syd was not a throw away member of the band...hell, they tributed a whole album to him(Wish You Were Here), not to mention Brain Damage/Eclipse and the 'moral' of the Wall. Which should be a good lesson to some psychonauts out there...acid doesn't necessarily expand the mind, it can potentially inhibit creativity in some people..

'Piper' was the only Floyd album to feature the band as it 'should' have been, and as much as I like 'Saucerful', it was a trasition album..'More', they finally found their niche post-Syd...As much as everybody loves 'Uma', it was a compilation of earlier stuff mostly with a couple new tunes...'Atom Heart Mother' was their first epic-ballad heavy work; souless and stagnant IMO...'Meddle', they finally got out of the funk..awesome. 'Obscured By Clouds' was a label obligatory release while working on their masterpiece-->>'Dark Side', classic..'Wish You Were Here', their Opus to Syd(as an side, anyone interested in the creepy trivia associated with this, PM me); brilliant..'Animals', arrogance recognized...'The Wall'; big hits but also the end of the group for all intents and purposes..everything ever after was about personal agendas and inside jabs, thus crap(Anyone who thinks 'A Great Day For Freedom' is about the Berlin Wall and not Roger Waters is nuts)...

--------------------

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: hatter]
    #380545 - 08/28/01 07:55 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"...they tributed a whole album to him(Wish You Were Here)..."

Ironic then that when he turned up in the studio one day while it was being recorded, they didn't even recognise him!

Offlinehatter
addict
Re: Pink Floyd [Re: Pynchon]
    #380742 - 08/28/01 01:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, during Shine On You Crazy Diamond...He even said to Gilmour, "I'm ready for my bit." Weird..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale