Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineravin0ff
Stranger
 User Gallery

air filters for pressure glovebox?
    #3695485 - 01/28/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

does anyone know where i can find some good cheap filters for positive pressure gloveboxes?  I really do not want to get contams, so I'm looking for 100%(or as close as i can get) effeciency at filtering the air so I need the best filter please.

I've been looking at these

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.g...030660805002498

http://www.iteminfo.com/Product.asp?subcat=2042367

http://store.yahoo.com/buyitnow64/hohaheficawi1.html

help pleaseee

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshobimono
Why?
Re: air filters for pressure glovebox? [Re: ravin0ff]
    #3695634 - 01/28/05 09:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good cheap 100% (or "close as you can get") air filters is an oxymoron, it ain't doesn't exist.
If you are just starting, KISS. Build a simple glovebox with no circulation and spray it down with oust, bleach and water or lysol, then let it sit a bit before using it. Imho, on the cheap, you will have a lower contam rate by doing this and having still air than you will with moving air in a glovebox (filtered or not).

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: air filters for pressure glovebox? [Re: shobimono]
    #3695690 - 01/28/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Totally true!!!! A sealed glove box is all anyone ever needs. Flowhoods were only designed for ease of movement in a larger areas. A pressurized GB is really a waste of time IMHO, there I said it! Someone was thinking a bit to hard when they came up with that (pressurized GB) idea. KISS is really not taken too seriously by many here but then again I love to tinker and innovation comes from these kind of ideas. If your not using a ULPA or 99.995% HEPA then your actually going to introduce a higher spore load than a still air environment, REALLY no shit! One thing that I need to say here is a proper sterile culture technique will guarantee you a much higher success rate than any pressurized glove box anytime anywhere! I gotta give you 5 shrooms for such wise response :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineLikeyourmomma
Stranger
Re: air filters for pressure glovebox? [Re: hyphae]
    #3710346 - 01/31/05 09:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you were to use positive pressure which way is the air flowing. Is it flowing into the glove box or out. Also, does it matter which side you put the fiter on?

Offlinedoop04
Mescaline God
Re: air filters for pressure glovebox? [Re: Likeyourmomma]
    #3710478 - 01/31/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just try the ez syringe tek works great i never had any contam. syringes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom