Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Weight Questions
    #3674669 - 01/24/05 09:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How many grams dry is normally grown from 1 cake? (1/2 pint jar)

Also what is the weight difference between wet and dry?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Weight Questions [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3674679 - 01/24/05 09:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

impossible to truly tell how many grams from one cake. roughly dry weight is 10% of wet weight, so 10 grams fresh would be one gram dry (once again roughly)

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinelois_must_die420
Stranger
Re: Weight Questions [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3675202 - 01/24/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I can get up to 80 grams wet off one good cake. Average weight is about 60 though. 10% is correct, 80 wet = 8 dry.

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

Re: Weight Questions [Re: lois_must_die420]
    #3675504 - 01/24/05 11:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

not always, as a matter of fact, not most of the time
example.....
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3659341

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

OfflineLanceArmstrong
Russki
Loc: FL
Re: Weight Questions [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3675610 - 01/24/05 11:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Where does everyone get 10% from? I usually get 6.5-8.5% of wet weight. I noticed that more mature mushrooms have more water and dry out to less % wise.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weight Questions [Re: LanceArmstrong]
    #3675915 - 01/25/05 01:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I find 92% water is about right for nicly grown mushrooms.

10% is just easier then saying 6.5-8.5%..then people go...well how the fuck much does that mean then.

10% is only a guideline..no one ever wrote anything in stone. Every mushroom will vary too depending on strains, conditions, substrates, and just be different from shroom to shroom.

Also that is said to be a good conversion because if your drying them and your weighing them fresh to figure out the dry weight, your being impatient...just dry the damn things then weigh them :smile: Most weigh them fresh for the reason of consuming them that way. That extra 2-4% of water you lose when drying them, is (give or take) the psilocin you lose (inevitably, even without heat) too. So fresh shrooms may have a little more water then 90% but they have more psilocin then dry shrooms to make up for it so eating 30 grams fresh is equal to eating 3 grams dry, even though it may have dried to 2.6-2.8 grams..get it?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Weight Questions [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3676734 - 01/25/05 08:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It depends on so much. I heard someone yesterday saying they had just harvested 30g wet off of one cake. Generally, I think you can expect 2-5g dry per cake, possibly even more.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Weight Questions [Re: LanceArmstrong]
    #3676774 - 01/25/05 08:46 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LanceArmstrong said:
Where does everyone get 10% from? I usually get 6.5-8.5% of wet weight. I noticed that more mature mushrooms have more water and dry out to less % wise.

Averages . On an average mushrooms are 90% water so once dried you are left with an average of 10% solid matter . The more meatier the species , the more dry weight you should get once dried .

By the way if looking for scales , right now everthinghome.com is having a sale on such items , and they have several that are very reasonable in price and quality .
GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Weight Questions [Re: tripndicular]
    #3676790 - 01/25/05 08:49 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

every thinghome.com is a spam site they dont sell any thing thy just link to sites that do google dose that too

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Weight Questions [Re: onetime]
    #3676812 - 01/25/05 08:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

onetime said:
every thinghome.com is a spam site they dont sell any thing thy just link to sites that do google dose that too

That is odd , I have bought lots of stuff from them , they are just a supplier of many products , thus they get good prices due to volumes they sell .And they o not spam my inbox , with exception of telling of sales on particular items , like scales right now .HMM wonder my credit card had their name as biller instead of some other linked company  :confused:
Does this also make Wal mart a spam company ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblefart
fartin up astorm in here
Loc: east coast
Re: Weight Questions [Re: tripndicular]
    #3676883 - 01/25/05 09:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

heres what i like to do that that half pint cake get 5 of his friends make a double tub and get around 3 oz dry off 6 cackes. but thats just me.

--------------------
Ya pussy is awsome.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Weight Questions [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3677088 - 01/25/05 09:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
How many grams dry is normally grown from 1 cake? (1/2 pint jar)

Also what is the weight difference between wet and dry?

Depends on the growing conditions...0 to 9 dry grams on 1 cake per flush...and large flushes will effect the size and or number of later flushes.

Depends on the water content of the mushrooms...this 10 to 1 ratio is really not reliable.
10 wet grams isn't = to 1 dry gram always...its more of a guideline, like others have said.

Good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract