Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Bad Nuts or the Philosopher's Stone?
    #3660282 - 01/21/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I write this to tell of my experience with Philosopher's Stones, tampanesis truffles. I ordered them from an online company located in Europe. They arrived and I had two fifteen gram bags of truffles. On a side note, my mother asked what was in the envelope from England and I had to tell her it was a book. :blush: They looked strange and unlike any mushroom I had ever seen. One of the bags was for me and the other was for my friend. We were supposed to trip together but he only came and took his truffles with him and left when I was tripping later on.

Anyway, I decided to call one of my other friends and have him come sit me. Let me just say this, do not ever mix psilocybin and pineapple juice. Orange juice is a good mix in my book, but pineapple is just way too irritating on the stomach especially when mixed with psilocybin. So, I ate these truffles, I call them bad nuts cause that is what they tasted like. I had to use the pineapple juice to wash them down but I got it all down and my friend arrived. We went outside  into my yard.

At the time we had some great White Rhino nugs. I was feeling a little nausea at this point so we packed up and smoked a few bowls. And for a small amount of time I was OK. But as the time passed and colors got brighter and the hum of the insects began to infuse me, I was feeling an incredibly tight feeling in my stomach that would just not let up, and the nausea was only mometarily stopped by the nugs. I quickly tried to pack another bowl to smoke and quell the nausea so I could keep the truffles down for at least an hour. But alas, I could not make it. I finally gave in and with all hell breaking around me, I projectile vomited about five to six feet out. It was intense and I felt awesome. By this time my fence was morphing into little mushroom men and everywhere I looked mushrooms were popping up. I dissolved into nature as my friend and I sat there. I realized how organized nature is, it is like the most complex science experiment imaginable. Sometimes it fails and genetic lines get erased and sometimes nature rages out of control or produces a super mutant. :crazy2: At this point I had a strange feeling of being inside a snow globe kind of thing with an experimenter looking in at me. You probably know this feeling.

At this point, the friend who I had ordered the mushrooms for arrived to take his, but he said he wasn't gonna trip. I was already into it, really grooving on Phish Yamar, and I didn't let that get me down. At this point I had lots of great closed eye visuals just listening to music in my room. This was about hour two, and the effects only diminished from this point. I still had great closed eye visuals but overall it wasn't the most profound trip, probably a level three if you use the level system. It was a lot of fun but not very progressive. The visuals and the warm feelings were very prevalent on these type of mushrooms if you ask me. Anybody else notice this with tampanesis mushrooms? Cubensis seem to have a colder and darker character to them, more of an intense thought loop or jam or clarity, whatever you want to call it.

I finished the trip by having my friend drive me around town. It was quite fun too, I suggest it as a good way to end a trip. I would also suggest Philosopher's Stones as they are good! :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: Bad Nuts or the Philosopher's Stone? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3661938 - 01/22/05 03:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I have tripped in the past with both philosopher's stones and mexican cubensis. My fist philosopher's stones trip was the most warm and full of love experience i have ever had, unlike the learning but more difficult cubensis trips. On the truffles I could just feel euphoria, while on mexican cubensis i think much, which is also good.

So, our comparison of those 2 mushroom types agrees, but there are always other explanations, like set and setting or coincidence. SO, until more people write of this relation, it is just a personal opinion.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Bad Nuts or the Philosopher's Stone? [Re: gotmagog]
    #3662133 - 01/22/05 08:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

okay this might go against everyones subjective first hand perceptions but...

EVERY STRAIN IS THE SAME! - that is in terms of what psychoactive compound effects the brain. (except for non-psilocybin mushrooms of course). Different strains have different potencies. So the only difference is the amount of psilocybin. Therefore it's just a dose thing. There's no such thing, as 'colourful visual mushrooms' 'deep thinking mushrooms' 'depressing mushrooms'.

Just set and setting people! Also every psychedelic experience is unique. My gnome had amazing visuals on his first trip. On the same mushrooms he had very different trips of a very different quality.

Having said that, from all my experiences fresh mushrooms hit harder and faster and appear more visual. Anyone know why this is? I still believe this is only a psilocybin dosage thing.

BTW nice report.

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Nuts or the Philosopher's Stone? [Re: el_duderino]
    #3663092 - 01/22/05 02:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have to disagree with you el duderino. All mushrooms are not the same, scientifically, Stamets disproved you long ago.
Some shamans refuse to even touch cubensis and only use such mushrooms as mexicana and other types. Some shamans believe the cubensis is dark and evil. Did I say there was a such thing as "deep thinking mushrooms"? No, I simply said that cubensis seems to affect me this way as compared to other psilocybin mushrooms I have ingested.

I agree that trips can be very varying in their effects. I have had incredible times on nine grams and received comparable effects off of an eighth. Have you ever heard of reports that drying the mushrooms increases potency? I have heard this before, not from a reputable source or anything. In truth though, some of the chemicals get converted in the drying process, so if I am not mistaken there is little psilocin in dried mushrooms. But in my experience, there is little difference between fresh and dry. I do agree that fresh seems a little more visually active but I have been hit harder and faster by dry mushrooms.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
    #3663670 - 01/22/05 05:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hm, this is the first time where I see someone say that certain mushroom sorts are less beneficial than others. Where exactly have u read that for some people psylocybe cubensis is more dark and maybe even evil? Can u give me some link or whatever to read online, or u have read a book not available online freely?

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Nuts or the Philosopher's Stone? [Re: gotmagog]
    #3667598 - 01/23/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

As far as I know Psilocybin is metabolised by the body into Psilocin and it is only the psilocin that is actually psychoactive. Also Psilocybin readily oxidises into Psilocin(???) (hence the blueing reaction).

I'm curious about that chart if the mushrooms were of a large sample for all the different species and kept in the same condition. It is my guess that much of the Psilocybin may have oxidised into Psilocin in some of the samples and not in others.

I am also curious about what effect Baeocystin qualitatively has on the experience (if at all) as little is known about it.

I think the only difference in effect in different strains is soley due to varying potencies + set and setting. Also if there is a high percentage of Psilocin then perhaps there'd be a faster onset as more of the psychoactive chemical is ingested directly without having to first be metabolised by the body (from psilocybin to psilocin).

This could also result in a weaker but more drawn out trip as the first lot of psilocin reaches the seratonin receptors first and then the converted psilocybin (now psilocin) reaches the brain later. Although this is pure speculation I have no idea if there is any time difference and if any effect like this occurs.

In fact this is all speculation really. I just think that many people immediately jump to the conclusion that different mushrooms have different effects based on their own subjective experiences which can be radically changed due to set and setting, not to mention that every psychedelic experience is unique especially with fresh material like mushrooms that may have varying potency.

This is exactly like the 60's when owsley had 3(?) different coloured pills all with the same acid and people concluded that the red was speedy, the blue was deep thinking etc... (Something like that, people interested should read http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/books/belcont.htm)

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3667625 - 01/23/05 12:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It would seem logical that the different chemical ratios would alter the trip in some way. Also, I was under the, perhaps mistaken, assumption that Psilocybin was itself mildly psychoactive.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Nuts or the Philosopher's Stone? [Re: dblaney]
    #3670320 - 01/23/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

perhaps, I really don't know.

Also I made a mistake. The blueing reaction is due to Psilocin oxidising -obviously you dont want your mushrooms to be blueing too much but this could very well be an indication of a large presence of psilocin.

Does anyone else have any info on this? I'm pretty curious, I mean sure I could look it up but that involves effort...

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3671703 - 01/24/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The Oaxacan Shaman Maria Sabina who has passed on refused to use psilocybe cubensis. I don't have time right now to get out the book but just look up some R. Gordon Wasson writings. He was one of the first westerners to take the mushrooms in native settings in Mexico. She refused to use the little children that were dark and she called them evil if I am not mistaken.

Use the effort El Duderino, that is what this site is for.

And no, I didn't immediately jump to conclusions. Over years, I have formulated this idea. And that is all it is, an idea, of subjective noticable effects from different types of psilocybin containing mushrooms. I know it is hard to be subjective when set and setting are involved but using the control of the same setting in several experiments, this is what I have come up with. Please agree or disagree but don't change my thread.

--------------------

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

#3675861 - 01/25/05 12:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Okay I'll leave yer thread as it is, a nice trip report :smile:
I just think it's an interesting discussion. And seeing as so many people agree that different mushrooms have different characteristics in the trip then it'd be an interesting thing to research (but probably impossible to find any proof).

I should start a new thread on this issue.

And mecreateme It's piss easy to be subjective! :p
It's being objective that's impossible (esp. when under the influence).

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3676628 - 01/25/05 08:12 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No, I disagree.
When tripping it is hard to be subjective. When something takes shape in the mind, it is subjective. I don't know about you but being on mushrooms is strange and sometimes chaotic for me. Hell it is hard to tell who I am and where I am sometimes. Come on dude, it is not piss easy to be subjective, maybe when you are sober. But come on. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate