Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Cops and Tripping
    #3656114 - 01/20/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Why do you Americans have so much trouble with the two?

I have never been pulled up, let alone when I was tripping or doing something I shouldn't have. Actually that's not entirely the truth, once I got a stern warning for not wearing my bike helmet...

The thing I guess I'm asking is if you live in a constant state of fear where there are cops lurking around every corner, or if you're all just a bunch of fucking morons with really bad luck.

Don't say it's because I don't leave the house, I'm always out and about doing shit. I've done my fair share of hauling contraband around too, once again without any quarrels.

My location is Australia too if you haven't gathered.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: BorgFace]
    #3656149 - 01/20/05 10:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

because the US is a police state......for all you non-americans out there, don't believe that "land of the free" crap for a minute....it's BULLSHIT.  I'm pretty sure all of you know that by now though.  :frown: :piggie: :thumbdown:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (01/20/05 10:05 PM)

Anonymous

#3656173 - 01/20/05 10:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There are obscenely harsh penalties.

Look at US government's history involving psychedelics, that is alone enough to make me paranoid.

If you use proper discretion you are still liable to be under the eye of suspicion. Like Dark_Star said, the US is very much a police state when it comes to being under the influence of anything other than nicotine/alcohol, especially drugs that may awaken you to your government's fuckups.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3656203 - 01/20/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No, we're not a bunch of fucking morons with really bad luck, this place is a shitty police state. The cops interrogate you for no reason, they violate your rights, if you look remotely suspcious they'll often stop you. The US kind of sucks ass in many ways.

I've been to other countries, some Arab Mediterranean countries, and nobody there had a problem with the cops. They would get harsh penalties if they were caught, but they weren't, because the cops didn't care. Different story in the US, it has harsh penalties and the cops do care, and don't hesitate to violate your rights.

In my experience that is

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineK4Lic0
Salvianaut
Loc: North Carolina
Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: Ravus]
    #3656233 - 01/20/05 10:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know what everyones problem is with cops.. I know a few, and they are really nice people.. I think being a cop would kick ass.. except for the fact that I do too many illegal things.. I would love to be in car chases with felons and maybe on a SWAT team or something..

Cops are just doing their job, don't say they are bad people.

"The thing I guess I'm asking is if you live in a constant state of fear where there are cops lurking around every corner, or if you're all just a bunch of fucking morons with really bad luck."

And not every American is living in fear.. and cops DON'T lurk around every corner unless you live in a horrible neighborhood.. they are stationed there..

As I said before, these men and women are doing their job and supporting their family, most of them are very nice people.. don't knock them..

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: K4Lic0]
    #3656290 - 01/20/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

In the EU, guess what the highest prisoner rate of all of Europe is? It's the UK, with 141 prisoners per 100,000. In Australia, it's 110. In Saudi Arabia (oh that tyrannical Saudi Arabia!) it's 45 per 100,000. Guess what it is in the US?

714 per 100,000. Almost 7 times higher than in Australia. The US has 5% of the world's population and 25% of its prisoners. The legislators who make these laws, the cops who enforce them, care nothing for the people they arrest. The rate is so high because they arrest people for victimless crimes such as marijuana, and then have harsh mandatory minimums put on them. The US is a prison state, and the police are the footsoldiers against its own people

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: K4Lic0]
    #3656332 - 01/20/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

No, they NEED to knocked...i don't fucking care if it's their job or not, that doesn't make it right. They DESTROY, yes DESTROY countless lives to make ends meet....if they were truely good people, they would not do this, they would do something else. Yeah, many of them were brainwashed into being who they are by the gov., yeah they probably think they are in the right....but that doesn't make them good people. Cops that do not arrest for victimless crimes, but turn their heads instead, cops that don't violate rights....they are good people, but as a whole....the police force are the servants of evil.  :thumbdown: People need to take a stand, cops included. Getting a paycheck is no excuse for doing what they do to their own brothers and sisters.

--------------------

OfflineDUBS
Trippin' Mofo

#3656353 - 01/20/05 10:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Occasionally there are cops who are actually intelligent and work to make communities and cities safer, but I find that often they are lazy jackasses. They patrol around busting kids for marijuana and underage drinking when the kids are more often than not just minding their own business, while on the other side of town someone is getting jumped or robbed. Or they sit in a dark corner in their patrol car for hours looking for the occasional person speeding down one street, and hell I've seen them doing it in the early morning hours when there is almost nobody fucking out.

--------------------
Don't drink and drive, smoke weed and fly!

Anonymous

#3656373 - 01/20/05 10:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

In Saudi Arabia (oh that tyrannical Saudi Arabia!) it's 45 per 100,000.

maybe that's because they execute drug traffickers?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20050110-055504-5711r.htm

:eek:

borgface: to answer your question, it's a little bit of both. we have plenty of cops here and plenty of drug laws. it's certainly worse than europe or canada. at the same time, people usually get busted for doing stupid shit. actually, they almost always get busted for doing stupid shit.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: ]
    #3656395 - 01/20/05 10:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It obviously works, eh? They have a prisoner population nearly 16 times lower than ours. They make examples out of the trafficers with kilos of heroin and hashish, but they really don't seem to arrest many people

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3656421 - 01/20/05 10:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

And it's not really as big a deal as you make it out to be. In 2003, there were 53 executions in Saudi Arabia, and they have a prisoner population still 16 times lower than ours. I think I'd rather take my chance in Saudi Arabia by those statistics.
http://www.richard.clark32.btinternet.co.uk/overview.html

The US also gives some penalties for trafficing so harsh they might as well be the death sentence. You can get life imprisonment for drugs without a doubt, look at Pickard

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#3656440 - 01/20/05 11:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, Pickard got 2 consecutive life sentences without parole.  :thumbdown:

--------------------

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3656457 - 01/20/05 11:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i lived a whole 21 yrs and only got hasled once when i looked like a nazi and was by the idaho border in a yuppie town with two cops and no one else at the station the cop had to handcuff me to a bike post so that he could unlock the door they have no one to file paper work or any thing but if you are clean cut you probly wont have a problem another time i was pulled over for driveing 85mph in a 25 and didnt even get a ticket most cops if your not in the worng nighborhood then they wont hasle you but if your a white kid in a crack hood chances are you will be stoped and asked what your doing there

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: onetime]
    #3656620 - 01/20/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, it's always some what in the back of my head when I'm tripping. But I alway put myself in a situation in which the chances of myself and a cop comming in contact is next to nothing. The last thing I'm going to do it eat some shrooms and trip in public where the chances of a confrontation increase dramatically.

During one trip, a friend and I went to a walk to the local park late at night. We were so paranoid about the cops we were ducking into bushes everytime we seen distant headlights. One car game darting through the neighborhood pulling in and out of driveways. As hard as we tried we couldn't ditch the car. We were sure the cops were after us. We were cutting through backyards, hopping fences, hidding behind trees, but no matter how hard we tried, the car was always right there. We finally managed to get back to my house. We laid in the drive way and looked at the clouds for a bit. Then a car sped down the street and pulled into my driveway. My heart practically stopped. I thought for sure we were fucked. Then a hand flung a news paper out of the driver side window right at my feet . The car took off and that was that. My friend and I stood there stunned for like 5 minutes and then we both busted out into a laughing fit. It was quite humorous when we realized we had been running from the paper boy for an hour.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #3656829 - 01/21/05 12:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

From NOFX's latest album liner -

"It's amazing I won. I was running against Peace, Prosperity, and incumbency."

George W. Bush - June 14th 2001 - speaking to swedish Prime Minister unaware a live television camera was still rolling.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3657466 - 01/21/05 05:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
No, they NEED to knocked...i don't fucking care if it's their job or not, that doesn't make it right. They DESTROY, yes DESTROY countless lives to make ends meet....if they were truely good people, they would not do this, they would do something else. Yeah, many of them were brainwashed into being who they are by the gov., yeah they probably think they are in the right....but that doesn't make them good people. Cops that do not arrest for victimless crimes, but turn their heads instead, cops that don't violate rights....they are good people, but as a whole....the police force are the servants of evil.  :thumbdown: People need to take a stand, cops included. Getting a paycheck is no excuse for doing what they do to their own brothers and sisters.

Last night I noticed something...  There was a party going on for someone directly responsible for death and destruction throughout the world last night - and every last person was smiling widely and brightly.  :frown:  I noticed something else, but I can't quite remember it now...

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3657517 - 01/21/05 06:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Don't fault the cops, fault the laws. If we had a more sane and sensible drug policy (for starters), none of you would be flapping your gums about how the cops are the enemy. Sure there are bad cops, but there are also good cops, and everything in between. It's a hard job for those who, day in and day out, may have to put their lives on the line to protect other people.

For the most part, if you don't give them a reason to hassle you, they probably won't hassle you. I remember a long time ago when I was in high school and my friends and I were downtown late at night and tripping on acid. We were walking down the street, and I noticed that the chalk drawings from the street painting festival were still there. No one was around except a couple cops. When we noticed this, my friends basically hid behind a building, while I strolled right up next to them and checked out the drawings. They didn't care.

If you are prudent, you have a basic handle on the law and what might constitute probable cause. Probable cause is a fairly large grey area, so you should just assume that things as insignificant as a hair from a bud inside a little baggie, or an odor of marijuana could get you searched. And if you're dressing like a "druggie" and carrying or consuming something, you're asking for trouble. Is that last part right, in a moral sense? Of course not, but it is there.

Finally, the U.S. is not a police state. Nazi Germany was a police state. We might have a crappy-ass system, but if you think the U.S. is as bad as Nazi Germany, you might want to bone up on your history.

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3657631 - 01/21/05 08:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I may sound crazy, but i think we are headed toward a revolution. They are trying to ban handguns in S.F. and i think this is a bad bad idea. First of all, the people's rights they plan to violate, happen to be heavily armed. second of all, its a right to bear arms.

It wont be long before we get a president and cabinet that have the belief that public should not bear arms.

It wont be long before marijuana use becomes so widely accepted that its legality is changed.

Im pretty baked sorry if this didnt make any sense.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
    #3658119 - 01/21/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It is true that the USA has a some serious statist problems, and that prohibition is amoung it's biggest. However I would suspect that about 90% of people that get busted with controlled substances are doing things that greatly increase their risk.

If you use and posses controlled substances you may not want to do the following things: Have loud parties that the police will be called out to, make a habbit of carrying drugs and paraphenalia on your person or in your car, drive crazy and fast while transpoting drugs, getting into fights, having a crazy girlfriend that you fight with and thus have the police called out to your home, telling everyone under the sun about the weed growing in your closet etc etc etc.

While playing it safe can not garentee 100% safety it does great reduce the risks.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Cops and Tripping [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3658389 - 01/21/05 12:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Whatever....as I said, just cause i't the law, doesn't mean it's right.....the cops just don't have the balls to do whats right...this isn't a blanket statement, and I commend the few cops that do stand up for us. This is def. a police state, just because we aren't killing off large amounts of our own citizens doesn't mean we aren't. Nazi Germnay was more than a polce state.... Any country that makes personal decisions esp. regarding the body and mind is NOT free....it's far from it. Many, many people are being descrimated against and targeted here, I didn't believe it until I saw it.....you may be in denial, but many of us have seen all too closly how true it is.  :frown:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag