Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
Need quick answer about fruiting
    #3651122 - 01/19/05 10:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ok, so we are going to either order amazonian or equadorian and about 10 bags (mycobags)....now with that said, my few questions...well my friend has a basment...well sort of...but anyway it has heat coming from above...but its not that warm...its probably estimate..60-65 degrees maybe alittle lower, and i heard that amazonian grows good in colder temps..do you know anything about this? and people said EQ was good too because its forgiving...well is amazonian strain better than EQ? i know its a matter of preference, but heres our situation and if you have any advice it would be cool...we are either going to get the EQ and do the tub in tub to incubate (of course) and then lower the temp to right temp. or get the amazonian and incubate upstairs and fruit downstairs where its cold, so which do you think is a better plan? and does amazonian fruit well in the 60-65 degree range? thanks for any replies, they are appreciated! :thumbup:

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineillahee
Content Observer
Male
Re: Need quick answer about fruiting [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #3651176 - 01/19/05 11:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i've heard that amazonian is "more forgiving" to mistakes...but i'm not sure about cold temps. If you incubate at that temp its gonna be a longer time than normal for the full colonization, but i think that they'll fruit at that temp

-2cents from a newb

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3651283 - 01/19/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Make an incubator for colonizing your jars....A good temp for incubation is 81 to 83 degrees F.

I had good luck fruiting at temps between 73 and 76 degrees F.
You might have to heat your growning area to get good fruit.

Good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Need quick answer about fruiting [Re: illahee]
    #3651310 - 01/19/05 11:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the temp drop after being in the incubator might be beneficial. though really low temps won't allow the bags to fruit. if i were you i would use the basement as a place to setup your incubator. once colonized, if temps are still under 70 degrees, fruit them inside. since the bags are terraniums themselves there really isn't a need for a big setup. just take your colonized bags and put them in a closet or something and run a light for 8-12 hours a day... that should do it.

a word of advice when using bags is this.... break up the substrate inside your bag (though be careful to not rip or puncture in any way) before inoculation. when i recieved my bag a while back, i went ahead and just shot it up....though the substrate was as condensed as brick and the colonization speed was very slow, even with an incubator. and break up the bag once again when colonization is at 80-85%.

wish i had more advice but i'm out.
peace :smile:

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

#3652468 - 01/20/05 06:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanks guys for all the answers its really appreciated...one more though, if i incubate in the basement, using the tub/n/tub method can i lower the fishtank heater down and will it keep the fruits warm? or just the cakes? sounds stupid but i know the tub itsself (what its touching) would be warm, but what about the fruits that are up in the air thats about 60 degrees? that doesn't matter right? its just the cake? thanks for any replies! :thumbup:

-peace

--------------------
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

Edited by Silent_Echo (01/20/05 07:25 AM)

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

#3652574 - 01/20/05 07:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sorry another question though...ive been using normal room light (yellow) i was wondering if a white fluresent would be better for them? or does it even matter? thanks

peace  :mushroom2:

--------------------
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3652672 - 01/20/05 08:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Especially cause you are gonna be fruiting in such cool tems , go with normal light , it will maybe add a degree or two to your ambient temp in the fruiting area . But type of light is not a biggie , remember mushies in the wild tend to be in areas where the light is rather diffused by trees bushes and grasses .
GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3653027 - 01/20/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Silent_Echo said:
if i incubate in the basement, using the tub/n/tub method can i lower the fishtank heater down and will it keep the fruits warm? or just the cakes? sounds stupid but i know the tub itsself (what its touching) would be warm, but what about the fruits that are up in the air thats about 60 degrees? that doesn't matter right? its just the cake?

Lets see if I understand your question right first.
After you use a double tub incubator with a submersible aquarium heater for colonizing your jars...you want to know if you can use the same set up to fruit the cakes?

Yes you could.

Basically convert the incubator into a fruiting chamber.

You would lower the temp after birthing the cakes...from 81 degrees F. to 73 degrees F.
And you would need a lid that would give you some light for fruiting.
You would also have to add some Perlite and water.
Then fan the fruits a couple times a day...or add a bubbler.

Good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need quick answer about fruiting [Re: Roadkill]
    #3654099 - 01/20/05 03:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dont forget about also needing a CLEAN TiT. Your gonna have stagnant water sitting right next to your mushrooms and often TiT water becomes contaminated quickly. Fresh water with a little bleach in it should be used and an eye kept on it for slimey water/growth.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Re: Need quick answer about fruiting [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3654444 - 01/20/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

TiT? i dont know what that is...please could someone explain?

--------------------
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

OfflineLethalX5
Male

#3654547 - 01/20/05 04:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

TiT is Tub in Tub.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order