Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more???
    #3647417 - 01/19/05 08:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Though this is certainly an interesting technology that would have many legimate uses I don't like the privacy issues this raises.

Edit - I just realized this is the same guy who brought us the "bear suit."
http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6657

Troy Hurtubise has done the seemingly impossible with his newest invention and defied all known rules of physics, he says.

The Angel Light?Hurtubise claims the concept came to him in a recurring dream?can reportedly see through walls, as if there was no barrier at all.

That?s not all, though.

So impressed
Hurtubise, 41, said the device detects stealth technology.

And he?s done the tests to prove it, with the covert help of scientists at the famed Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Hurtubise said.

If that?s not enough, Hurtubise also said the French government sent representatives to North Bay to witness a demonstration of the Angel Light.

Hurtubise said the reps were so impressed with the eight-foot long device they paid him $40,000 in cash to put the finishing touches on it.

New universe
The French, Hurtubise adds, have also agreed to pay him a ?substantial? amount of money for the technology if it passes rigorous tests in France.

?They couldn?t believe what they saw,? Hurtubise told BayToday.ca.

?One of them told me it was as if I?d discovered a new universe.?

Gary Dryfoos, a consultant and former long-time instructor at MIT, said "there's a Nobel Prize" for Hurtubise if the Angel Light really performs as described.

"There are laws of physics waiting to be written for what he's talking about," Dryfoos said.

The French aren't the only ones interested in Hurtubise's innovations.

BayToday.ca has obtained documentation confirming that the former head of Saudi counter-intelligence, who asked that his name not be used, has been in regular contact with Hurtubise regarding the Angel Light, fire paste, and the Light Infantry Military Blast Cushions (LIMBC).

Ultra-wideband technology
While Hurtubise?s claims appear, on the surface, to strain credulity, he has now placed himself miles ahead in the quest by high-tech companies to invent something that will do the same thing.

Motorola Inc. for example, has set its sights on emerging technology that could allow first responders and Special Forces to see through building walls, the Washington Technology Web site reports.

Camero Inc. an Israeli firm founded by technology and intelligence veterans, received $5 million from Motorola and other investors to develop portable imaging radar that uses ultra-wideband technology to create a 3-D picture of objects that are concealed by walls or other barriers.

Plasma light
Three units make up the Angel Light.

The main unit, which Hurtubise calls the centrifuge, contains the Angel Light?s brains and includes black, white, red and fluorescent light sources, as well as seven industrial lasers.

The second unit, or the deflector grid, contains a large circle of optical glass, a microwave unit and plasma intermixed with carbon dioxide.

The third unit contains eight plasma light rods, CO2 charges, industrial magnets, 108 mirrors, eight ionization cells industrial lights, and other components Hurtubise chooses to remain tight-lipped about.

Just a dream
Hurtubise said the Angel Light has cost $30,000 to build?he sold percentages of his other innovations to finance it?as well as 800 to 900 hours of his time.

He credits his subconscious with the idea.

?I had a dream about a year and a half ago as I do for most of my innovations, just a dream, and I saw it, saw the whole casing and everything, and I saw what it could do,? Hurtubise said.

?I had the same dream about that three times and by the third time I had it in my head and I started to build it.?

Through the wall
Troy dreamed the Angel Light would be able to see through walls with window-like efficiency, and then built it with no blueprints, drawings or schematics.

?I turned it on?that was well over a year ago?and it worked and it was really awesome.?

Hurtubise said he could see into the garage behind his lab wall, and read the licence plate on his wife's car and even see the salt on it.

"I almost broke my knuckles three or four times, because it was almost like you could step through the wall," Hurtubise said.

"You could be fooled into believing that you could actually walk through the wall and go touch the car."

Across the border
Hurtubise called his MIT contacts with news of what he?d done.

?They told me that I was playing with electromagnetism,? Hurtubise said.

The conversation ultimately led to the discovery of the Angel Light?s other startling properties.

Hurtubise said ?somebody from MIT? shipped him an eight-inch by eight-inch piece of panelling from the latest Comanche helicopter, which was built using radar-resistant stealth technology.

?It?s amazing what you can get across the border on a Greyhound bus,? Hurtubise said.

Pick it up
Hurtubise was instructed to set up an outdoor track, which he did on First Nations land.

He attached the panel piece to a remote control car that went down the track.

Hurtubise then aimed the Angel Light at the panel and turned on a radar gun.

?I was able to pick it up the panel on the radar gun,? he said.

Stopped working
But a strange thing happened to the car, once it was hit by the Angel Light beam: it stopped working.

Hurtubise returned to his lab and began testing the Angel Light on other electronic items including portable radios, TVs and a microwave over.

?They all stopped working,? Hurtubise said.

He duly reported this to his MIT contacts.

"They said 'Troy, this is unbelievable.'"

To the ground
Hurtubise purchase a remote-control plane for $1,800 and took it and the Angel Light to a flying field on the way to Powassan.

He directed the Angel Light beam toward the sky and started the plane flying.

"On the first loop it came around, passed through the beam of light and fell right to the ground,? Hurtubise said.

Peeled it back
Hurtubise continued testing the light on other materials and discovered it could also see through other metals including steel, tin, titanium and, unlike Superman, lead.

As well the beam also penetrated ceramic and wood.

The Hurtubise put his hand in the light beam.

?I could see my blood vessels, muscles, everything, like I?d taken an Exacto knife, cut into my skin and peeled it back,? Hurtubise said.

Bad stuff
Soon after, Hurtubise discovered the Angel Light had devilish side-effects.

He lost feeling in the finger of the exposed hand and began suffering an overall malaise.

?MIT told me every time I turned it on there must have splash-back hitting me,? Hurtubise said.

A test on a tank of goldfish was even more disturbing.

?I turned the beam on it and within minutes all the goldfish died,? Hurtubise said.

?That?s when I realized there was a Hyde effect, as in Jekyll and Hyde, and I dismantled the whole thing.?

Walked on water
He didn?t reassemble it until the French called him after seeing a Discovery Channel program about the LIMBC.

Hurtubise believes the Hyde effect can be taken out, but by others who have far more expertise than him.

In the meantime Hurtubise believes that after 17 years inventing, his ship may finally have come in with France.

"My brother told me the only way I'd be able to sell any of my innovations is by walking on water," Hurtubise said.

"Well, I think I've just walked on water."

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (01/19/05 08:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more??? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3647681 - 01/19/05 09:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That sounds disturbing yet cool. The implications of such a device are astronomical. If the government gets hold of such technology, which is just a matter of time, then we really could kiss all privacy goodbye.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more??? [Re: dblaney]
    #3647778 - 01/19/05 10:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Goodbye privacy, and health, since the beam is apparently dangerous.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more??? [Re: delta9]
    #3647919 - 01/19/05 11:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Actually I think that's the saving grace of this. They couldn't use it to observe people because of the health concerns - what good is spying on someone if you kill them?

But it would be incredible for them to find a way around this because it would be an extrordinary imaging device.

Just relax. Big brother knows best.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more??? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3648020 - 01/19/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah because they so care about hurting people with invisible rays...

--------------------
delta9

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more??? [Re: delta9]
    #3648033 - 01/19/05 11:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I wander how this gadget works?

I mean it must emit some type of highly powerful beam or some particles. Clearly it isn't gamma rays, as it can see through lead. Perhaps he invented some new type of ultra radiation? Kind of a scary thought...

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
    #3648200 - 01/19/05 12:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't read the whole article but this sounds like other phony sci fi shit i've read on the web. I'll believe it when I see it. (Or get zapped by it)

Hehe this reminds me of this crazy ass website that sells time machines and jetpacks and shit. Check it out. http://www.futurehorizons.net/

--------------------
Now go Home.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3650057 - 01/19/05 06:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds interesting. I wonder why they chose to show a picture of the machine and not a picture of the machine looking through walls?

InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

Re: Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more??? [Re: Catalysis]
    #3654597 - 01/20/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There was a big discussion about this guy over on Slashdot. Most seem to agree he's a crackpot peppering his claims with mentions of unnamed MIT engineers to give himself credibility. Like EvilEwok, I'll believe when I see it.

--------------------

Offlinegoblinofthenorth
Stranger
Re: Angel Light - Wanna see through your neighbors walls and more??? [Re: Clark]
    #3673240 - 01/24/05 04:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I cannot vouch for his claims about angel light, but the rest of this guys inventions do some AMAZING things.

Check out FIRE PASTE, LIMBC(light infantry military blast cushions) and of course the URSUS Mk VII bear proof suit. Videos can be seen on www.exn.ca/dailyplanet

Google it first to find the right video's, as D/P's archive only searches by date not subject

Apparrantly this guy has also invented a suit of light body armor that
stops high power rifle fire, but I can't find any article about it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale