Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
The cubensis have arrived!!
    #364349 - 07/31/01 08:07 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I finally went out to the fields to give em a look, and sure enough I found what I was after :) I went out to a small town about 30 miles south of Augusta in search of some rock. I'm getting into geology and the art of flint/chert knapping. A friend told me where I could find all the chert(rock for arrowhead making) I wanted and fill as many buckets as I needed. Anyways, I get down there, collect about 70-80 pounds of this chert, and I figured I'd swing by a field or two while I was out there.

After driving for a while I came across a nice looking field with a huge tree line, so I had my friend drop me off and I scurried to the field. Apoun jumping the barbed fence, I became severly clutzy and my leg got hung up on the fence. I fell face first towards the ground while my leg was still hanging on the top of the fence. I grabbed the wire to save my face and gashed my hand all the way across my palm deep into my flesh. It hurt...I bled, probably need stitches, but atleast I found some shrooms :) It help take my mind of the pain!

Here are a few pic of my find. It was fairly dry out there(hadn't rained in a few days) so alot of the shrooms were a bit dried out. There were still alot out there though, even a few nice ones, and a lot of pins which is always a good thing, but the best thing of all is I now have a field, and a daytime field at that :) All and all, I think I picked somewhere around a dried ounce or so, not bad for my first visit to an unknown field.

Lizard King,

Edited by Lizard King on 08/01/01 12:38 AM.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The cubensis have arrived!! [Re: Lizard King]
    #364352 - 07/31/01 08:14 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

thats awesome..i need to move south.

If there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Offlinecube420
journeyman
Loc: TX
Re: The cubensis have arrived!! [Re: My Third Eye]
    #364381 - 07/31/01 09:11 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Could this small town be Waynesboro perhaps?? if not.. it should be reaaaaally close. I've had many a good harvest in that area myself. Great job man!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: The cubensis have arrived!! [Re: cube420]
    #364465 - 07/31/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Its close, and I did drop a friend off in a field in waynesboro later today, and he came out with a few big ones, but that was it. How come no one told me about this area before? I've been looking for cubies in Georgia for two years and have found 5 shrooms the entire time, which I was starting to think was a freak occurance. Now I have a sure fire field to hit anytime I want. I'm so damn happy today, the only thing that sucked was cutting my hand, it still hurts, even hurts a little to type. Its not all that bad though, not going to need any sewing or anything, just going to take a while to heal up.

--------------------

Offlineswampcow
Stranger
    #364598 - 08/01/01 07:05 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Greetings, lizard king...

those shrooms in the last pic seem to be "amanitas", which i have always thought were highly toxic and to be avoided, but lately have read that they can be eaten to trip but one must be very cautious.

first: have you eaten amanitas and do you consider it a safe practice?

second: don't you think you should warn people of the toxicity when you post such pictures? i can just see some newbie eating too many and nuking his liver...

of course, i am a newbie, so set me straight if need be, i can take it. and thanks, i am getting closer to my goal(wild shrooms)....

swampcow

Edited by swampcow on 08/01/01 08:07 AM.

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #364658 - 08/01/01 09:47 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Way to go L K !!! Between the pan subbs, the weilii's, and now the cubensis, you have magic for just about every season. I'll bet you'll eventually run across some copes. I know they're not listed in your area, but you never can tell.: )
Those are some large mushrooms !

doo

Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: The cubensis have arrived!! [Re: swampcow]
    #364669 - 08/01/01 10:07 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Swampcow, every mushroom in this thread is a Psilocybe cubensis, there are no Amanitas pictured here, and I don't pick nor eat Amanitas. The last pic shows cubensis pins. Read up on the amanita family and then on Psilocybe and you'll realize why those aren't amanitas. Its ok to question peoples ID, but please do your research before you try and debate. No offense intended, you just need to be sure about something before you draw doubt to someones word.

Amanita has a volva cup at the base of its stem. When the mushroom is still a button it is encased in this volva cup, as it matures it breaks through the volva taking a few peices with it which make the white spots on the cap(they are actually removeable) The spots on a cubensis cap are simply mycelium splotches, kind of like a fibrillose for the cap. Amanitas have white gills, cubensis have purple. Amanitas don't grow directly from cow dung, cubensis do. Cubensis has a purple veil, amanita has a white veil. Cubensis stain blue and amanitas don't. Cubensis will be a bit enlarged at the base, but amanitas will still have a cup around the base of the stem(the volva) These are all the reasons why my cubensis are cubensis. Hope I helped clear up your questions.

For the Record, ALL of the mushrooms pictured above are Psilocybe cubensis, NOT ANY type of Amanitas.

I know doo, magic year round, can't get much better than that. Next on the list is Ps. atlantis, if I can find those this year, it will make my mushroom season complete :)

Edited by Lizard King on 08/01/01 11:17 AM.

--------------------

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #364687 - 08/01/01 10:42 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, only cubes. See........, why do people come here and accuse people of things? I don't get it.
Knowing your experience, if you were to post a pic of an Amanita species, you would've commented on it. Bogus!
This stranger guy comes here and accuses, etc. Well, if he wasn't colorblind, he should have noticed that your username is green. Green means Moderator. Why would a moderator in the MUSHROOM HUNTING FORUM, of all places, mislead someone? I couldn't imagine it.
Things like this get me kinda hot in the head, but I'm cooling off as I type 120mph.Hehe.
Aside from that................, Psilocybe atlantis? Please tell me more. Much more. I'd be greatful, man.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #364702 - 08/01/01 11:12 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Looks pretty damn good to me..

Your finding more shrooms than i am thats for sure.

Yesterday I only found 5 Copelandia's.
The other person I was with found only 2 cubensis.
In an hours time.

The only explanation I could figure is that there has been too much rain and flooding lately..who knows, maybe ill do better today

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #365054 - 08/01/01 09:06 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Great find LK. Have you ever found any cubes north of Atlanta? You had me freaked out there for a second when you said:

>I went out to a small town about 30 miles south of Augusta in search of some rock.

I thought you were talking about crack rock ;)

It sucks you cut your hand man.. I've cut my legs on plenty of barbed wire fences. When was your last tetanus shot?... Wouldn't want ya getting lockjaw =P

Peace out and congrats,
Gumby

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: The cubensis have arrived!! [Re: Gumby]
    #365058 - 08/01/01 09:18 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, had me figured for a crackhead :) LOL! I was talking about flint and chert, types of rock that are flaked with bone tools to make arrowheads. I'm going to post a few pics of the rock, its pretty damn cool looking, all different colors, every shade of the rainbow!

No, I haven't found any cubensis north of Atlanta. I know weilii grows all the way up into the mountains, especially where the roads are cut into banks and landslide occur often and exposed red clay. I'm going to go searching up in Clayton later this season. The year before last I found cubensis in conyers and covington, but thats more east of ATL, and even a tad bit south. So far my rule of thumb for good cubie picking is there must be spanish moss in the trees, of not, they could still grow in the area, just not as commonly or abundantly. Thast been my observation so far anyways, could be totally off base.

Edited by Lizard King on 08/01/01 10:24 PM.

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#365067 - 08/01/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Man, too much rain eh, GG. Its either never enough or too much down there in Fla. Its been a bit dry here this week, but things will bounce back to normal soon and the fields should start to do better. Atleast your finding some magic, its always a good thing to find something, I know when those fields dry up a bit they are going to explode!

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #365109 - 08/01/01 10:59 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

It's a small price to pay to live in shroom paridise.

Offlineswampcow
Stranger
ho-hum [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #365423 - 08/02/01 08:49 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

WELL!

do ya'll feel better now?

first, i wasn't accusing anyone of anything, i was asking an IMPORTANT question.

second, yes, i saw he was a "moderator". but if he can't even cross a fence without having to call 911, how do i know he is a shroom "expert"???

third: levi17, i thought shroomers were laid-back and cool, did eating shrooms make you an ASSHOLE or were you born that way???? you can suck a mushroom shaped DICK.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: ho-hum [Re: swampcow]
    #365430 - 08/02/01 08:58 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

You said your new and we should call you on your identification. So........
Hey, welcome to the boards! Hang out and communicate with us.
No, mushrooms didn't make me an asshole. If you think I'm an asshole, then I probably WAS born with the talent. :)
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #365433 - 08/02/01 09:04 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Also, what makes you think I'm not laid back and cool?
Laid back and cool includes making a point when people that think they are intelligent come around and question people, even when they have never communicated with them.
Call me an asshole, cool! It ain't gonna change my point of view. You calling me an asshole definitely will not make you look intelligent. Calling me an asshole will definitely not bring you a welcome by my co-shroomers. Only I will welcome you now. Don't come in here calling names and acting like you're the expert.
Also, How many dicks have you sucked that DIDN'T look like mushrooms? Thought so!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: The cubensis have arrived!! [Re: Levi7]
    #365495 - 08/02/01 10:40 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I've jumped plenty of fences without cutting myself, this is the first time I've ever had a problem. If you jump enough of them your bound to have some sort of accident. It was broad daylight and I was trying to get into the field quickly and made a mistake. Sheesh, cutting my hand doesn't mean I don't know my mushrooms.

Lets all try and play nice together, no need for name calling in the mushroom hunting forum. Levi may have been a bit hasty, but you took it down a whole other level when you started name slinging. When someones an asshole, you don't do yourself anygood by defending yourself by being a bigger ass.

--------------------

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #365928 - 08/02/01 09:46 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

ahh excelent mushrooms...

but i think that mushroom paradise is mexico and my toes hehe

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale