Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsychedelicatessen
why?why?why?why?why?
 User Gallery

blue shrooms = neutralized alkaloids?
    #3641712 - 01/17/05 11:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hi..someone over at another forum sayd that when a shroom has blue (as a result of bruising) this means that the alkaloids have been killed or neutralized and wont make you trip as hard as a shroom with no blueing at all...is this true???? IF so,im not even gonna touch my shrooms until theyre completly dry.

I grew out my first shrooms about 2 months ago...and I handled them alot which caused blueing on some shrooms. The trip seemed fine...

thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: blue shrooms = neutralized alkaloids? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3641792 - 01/17/05 11:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There is some potency loss from the blueing. The psychoactive compounds in the mushrooms are being oxidized. The best thing to do is try to not handle the mushrooms too much before they are properly dried. You can still handle them because you will lose some potency but it won't completely ruin them. The way that they lose their potency most of the time is from improper drying. Just pick them then dry them right away and try not to use a heat source in the drying because it will act as a catalyst for the oxidation.

Offlinepsychedelicatessen
why?why?why?why?why?
 User Gallery

#3641975 - 01/18/05 01:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I SEEE.thanks for clearing that up bro.

OK so what if I have fresh shrooms...and I chop them to bits but that would mean theyd get MORE then bruised and turn blue...so wouldnt this loose ALOT of potency??

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
    #3642025 - 01/18/05 01:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

They are oxidized alkaloids. Rendered less potent. But possibility of being active.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: blue shrooms = neutralized alkaloids? [Re: Somaism]
    #3643698 - 01/18/05 02:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Of about 100 shroom trips and growing many many shrooms of different kinds and such, I've found, IN GENERAL, the bluer the stronger. My strongest strains bruise the bluist and my weakest bruise less.

This is certainly not ALL the time at all, just a majority. I have had almost white shrooms that made me trip my balls off. I've never had a weak trip off really blue shrooms though.

Many people injest shrooms by blending freshies up with orange juice...turns COMPLETLY blue. Same with hot water when you make tea. Still trip your balls off everytime. I've eaten fresh ones between chocolate grahm crackers and when you bite into it it turns the darkest prettiest blue you ever did see from being smashed and bitten..one of the strongest trips I ever had..

Just my experiences, take them or leave them.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck