Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEdRosarioKid
Stranger
non - tapered jars
    #3617124 - 01/12/05 08:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Whats up all. I have a question i need answered. So. this is my first attempt at growing. so when i went out to my local homes good stores i had a real problem finding the exact jars i needed. none of the places had half pint tapered jars. so i had to settle for 1 pint non - tapered jars (the one with the shoulders). my question is if i colonize these jars when they reach 100 percent will they be very dificult to get out of the jars due to the shoulders? should i just break the glass and take it out that way?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: non - tapered jars [Re: EdRosarioKid]
    #3617126 - 01/12/05 08:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

?f ur going pftek youll have one hell of a time spooning all that substrate
out and you will have to go for casing.
-> you want wide mouth jars for the pftek.

if you go grains youll be able to easily shake them up and pour them
out without any problems.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3617132 - 01/12/05 08:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Non wide mouthed jars will work unless you are planning on doing cakes , and then you could plan on crubling them, then casing .
So what are your plans ?
Cakes ?
Grains ?
Crumbling of cakes to be cased ?
Persoanlly , no matter what ,I would avoid breaking jars ...

1 Waste of materials and money . :eek: :thumbdown:
2 Chance of getting cut . :thumbdown: :sad:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineEdRosarioKid
Stranger
Re: non - tapered jars [Re: tripndicular]
    #3617150 - 01/12/05 08:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well heres the deal. I had a friend who happened to have six half pint tapered jars :smile:. so i inoculated those on monday and they are currently being colonized. the problem is they used to have jam and jellys in them. i washed them out very very good. through the wash with soap and water. so there was nothin in the jars. but since they were previosly used theres always a possibilty of contamination. so i heated the little punks in my pot and all that good stuff. now the reason i ask about the 1 pint shouldered jars is im planning on setting up two terreniums in the near future. I think my plan instead should be casings as it wouldnt matter if its crumbled up. but since this is my first atempt i xont know how successful it will be. so to answer your question yea imma do casings next.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3617192 - 01/12/05 09:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Tapered jard will work then , just plan on when time comes to break up the sub , that you use a sterilized tool to do so , all will be good .
As far as "how successful" you will be , only time and the Mushroom Goddess can answer that  :wink:
In future when cleaning jars that had stuff in them jellies etc , and contamed jars(projects gone bad ) , soak them in a 2% bleach solution for 30 mins - 1hr , this will assure you that they are clean and free of any potential nasties left behind previously .

GL
"May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !"

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: non - tapered jars [Re: tripndicular]
    #3617246 - 01/12/05 09:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
In future when cleaning jars that had stuff in them jellies etc , and contamed jars(projects gone bad ) , soak them in a 2% bleach solution for 30 mins - 1hr , this will assure you that they are clean and free of any potential nasties left behind previously .

simply autoklave them for an hour,
cant be safer than that.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale