Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUrbanCowboy
Stranger
Loc: U S of A
I need Vermiculite
    #361704 - 07/27/01 12:01 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I have looked everywhere in Oklahoma for verm but have not found it anywhere. Would anyone be kind enough to ship me some. I will pay for shipping. email: disco@flashmail.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProduct
journeyman

Loc: NYC
Re: I need Vermiculite [Re: UrbanCowboy]
    #361707 - 07/27/01 12:09 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Everything you know is wrong.
Bill Hicks' Gifts of Forgiveness

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #361720 - 07/27/01 12:22 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Have you been to AGWAY?

OfflineUrbanCowboy
Stranger
Loc: U S of A
Re: I need Vermiculite [Re: puscle]
    #361724 - 07/27/01 12:27 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Never heard of it?

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #361802 - 07/27/01 02:26 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Dimitri211 sells vermiculite..p/m him.

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

Support the FSR!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflinePoopypants

Loc: Canada
    #361809 - 07/27/01 02:39 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

You have to have a Walmart... with a garden center. That's where I get mine, 30L bag $7.00

If they don't have it, ask them to get it for you, they usually will.

PoopyPants

I've learned everything from the mistakes that I've made. :cool:

--------------------
PoopyPants

Offlinemoxjet20
Loc: santa cruz, magical land ...
Re: I need Vermiculite [Re: Poopypants]
    #361822 - 07/27/01 03:10 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

fourtyounces tells me a lot of stores pulled vermic from shelves after an asbestos scare.. hasn't been at walmart where i live (central cali) at all during the past 3 weeks (that's as far back as i started checking).. poopy how recently did you buy yours? do you have to ask for it, like do they have it just not on the store floor or something? this really sucks i could give a rat's ass about asbestos just GIMME SOME DAMN VERMICULITE.. *sigh* i guess i can just order it if worse comes to worse

seems like i've been here before
seems so familiar
seems like i'm slipping
into a dream within a dream

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
what became of subtlety?

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #361843 - 07/27/01 04:38 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Or try here....

http://www.mycosupply.com/substrates/index.html

Sold in 5,10 and 50 pound bags.

Lana

Distributors of Mycological Products

http://www.MycoSupply.com

Edited by Lana on 07/27/01 05:39 AM.

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: I need Vermiculite [Re: Lana]
    #361873 - 07/27/01 06:55 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I can see a future where vermiculite will be banned and we will have to resort to buying our vermiculite on the street like everything else that you can put to good use. Imagine guy's on the corner pushing vermiculite! lol...... . i don't know why everybody thinks this stuff is hard to find in AMERICA. I've heard it's expensive in OTHER COUNTRIES. Doesn't anyone live near a small garden shop??? If they don't carry it, why don't ya *spark* up a conversation with them about some tomatos you wanted to grow but the soil is to hard or some crap like that. If you tell them you'll buy it THEY WILL GET IT. I'm sure in EVERY TOWN in the USA there are people who get this stuff for *normal* uses all the time. There isn't realy anything that acts like it or has it's properties.

The only reason i wrote all this out is i don't want people to get all flustered when they don't find vermiculite. It's THERE somewhere CLOSE to you it's around. They pulled ONE brand off of the shelves because SUPPOSEDLY it had some latent asbestos in it. Maybe if you snorted a whole bag of it you would get cancer. So they pulled it cause they know how crazy americans can get with house hold chemicals ( look at crank ; ) lol ). No biggie, i can bet 100dollars i go to any of your towns i'll find some goddamn verm.

Another side note. If your really REALLY REEEEEEALY can't find any, i hope you have some manure you can get your hand's on. When mixed properly it can be substituted in cakes. Also read this thread on using CHOIR instead of verm. I hope that helps . Good luck and Good hunting

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Anonymous

Re: I need Vermiculite [Re: BrownPastures]
    #361887 - 07/27/01 07:26 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Just go to your local garden shop and ORDER it. You don't need to answer any questions, it's just vermiculite, a very commonly used horticultural item.

For those of you who live in countries where vermiculite doesn't even exist, you can order it from the SporeLab.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

OfflinePoopypants

Loc: Canada
Re: I need Vermiculite [Re: moxjet20]
    #362239 - 07/27/01 10:15 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I just bought some last week cause I ran out. They just have it out in the garden center. Every other place in town has it also. But, I live in Canada... maybe it's different here.

I just hate to see you spend money for shipping and crap... You checked all the building supply places with gardening supplies...Nurseries...etc.

Christ, if it comes down to it E-me at poopy@hushmail.com and I'll send you a bag.

PoopyPants

Edited by Poopypants on 07/27/01 11:24 PM.

--------------------
PoopyPants

Invisiblenishikkiknee
journeyman
    #362259 - 07/27/01 11:07 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I'm with Brown Pastures on this one. I live in one of those 1 horse, 3 church, and 5 bar towns with no big cities within a
50 mile radius, and i have found it in grocery stores, feed stores, garden shops, hell the farm and family center sells it too, i even found some in a dollar general store, i think that was a fluke though. just look in every store around somebody has it (i'd bet a hundred bucks too) .
hope this helps.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags