Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbeZard
Loc: Charleston, SC
Need identification help
    #360795 - 07/25/01 03:48 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Please help!
I have picked at least a dozen times, never made a mistake, but here I am doubting myself on two counts.
1) After some major rains here, I saw some mushrooms growing not IN a cow pasture, but just outside the fence by my cycling route. Since it was a bit too much in plain view to jump the fence, I stopped and checked out those by the road. Didn't look like PC, but I saw a lone one that did. I grabbed it, it was small, shaped just right, but was more yellowish and didn't stain blue where it broke, instead it was more splintery. The gills weren't dark, either. Trouble?
2) Saw what, to my eyes, was an obvious and huge example of a PC, but it was NOWHERE near any cows or cow poop, but, instead, growing right in my neighbors' yard.
Right shape, has the ring, purple gills, etc. . . but the wrong location has me worried.
Am I paranoid? Is he schixophrenic?
Abe

Abe Zaardvark
From historic coastal town in Southeast

--------------------
Abe Zaardvark
From historic coastal town in Southeast

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
Re: Need identification help [Re: AbeZard]
    #360798 - 07/25/01 03:57 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Why don't you post this in the mush hunt forum??
Completely offtopic and no pics....

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Need identification help [Re: AbeZard]
    #361273 - 07/26/01 09:46 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, AbeZard. There are quite a few somewhat-look-alikes for Psilocybe cubensis. Examples are species of Lepiota, Amanita and Stropharia.
All can possibly be found in fields and lawns.
Be careful! Also, good luck! Stay cool!-Levi7.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale