Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Alkaline Water
    #3595613 - 01/07/05 08:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

In that past 2 months staying up late and watching tv, I've noticed this infomercial thats always on. It's a converstion with author Kevin Trudeau who talks about making the human body "alkaline" and staying healthy. (Pretty much adjusting the ph of the human body's casing  :wink:) Anyway, I got curious and searched around about the ph level or what not of the human body. I mean, if humans are 90% water, you think it'd matter what ph we were.

So anyway, I stumbled on this product and found it to be quite envoking.

It claims to  turn the water in its tank alkaline.  And, since I always got fugi on the mind, I was wondering what would happen if someone were to, I dunno, somehow use alkaline water within a karo solution and compare it to mineral water or tap water or bottle water. Use it on some casings and see if it makes a difference. Its said that drinking alkaline water is a medical treatment in Japan. And Japan's badass, so yeah.

Just a though. I bet Anno will shoot it down in a second.

Anno, ever heard anything about this?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: Alkaline Water [Re: Tweexican]
    #3596210 - 01/07/05 10:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

umm... bump

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #3596629 - 01/08/05 12:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well i know that guy on the infomercial is a piece of shit lying fucker just trying to sell shit. You don't change the PH of your body and there is good reason for that. As PH in your body increases or decreases beyond the very strict range limits it has, you come to equillibrium.

note: if you consider the validity of some of this sites statements, you could come to the conclusion they're just trying to make a buck and rip americans off. This is simply because americans cannot think for themselves and rely on people to tell us information.

"Alkaline Antioxidant Water will raise the alkalinity of your body fluids to a healthier level. " healthier than 7.3? I wish the author and all involved in this product would raise the ph of their body to a "healthier" level.

"Distilled and osmotic water have been purified to the point that they are lifeless. Lacking minerals, electrons and oxygen, this equals dead water.?"
that statement is just absurd

"Due to its smaller clusters, Alkaline Antioxidant Water is super-hydrating and readily absorbed by your body."
If your body can digest and use long hydrocarbon chains it isn't going to have a problem with "large" molecular water clusters.

"Bottled water, which has been sitting on a store shelf, has even less vitality and often lacks the rich mineral content present in tap water. Also if bottled water sits at room temperature for more than 8 hours it can be carcinogenic due to the leaching of the plastic."
ha, this "evidence" was based on a grad students thesis study which was reported on by the media. Here is the link, http://www.riskworld.com/Abstract/2001/SRAam01/ab01aa189.htm
The FDA would not let these bottles be used if such a claim were so true.

Im done wasting my time disproving the validity of all these falses claims. Almost everything on there is exaggerated, misrepresented or just plain false. Your water from tap or bottle is fine for liquid cultures. Water generally is neutral in ph, around 7; that is perfect for life. If there was such a problem with water's PH, we would not be one of the survivors on this earth.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineTweexican
Clit Commander
 User Gallery
Re: Alkaline Water [Re: derx]
    #3598606 - 01/08/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I see your point, which is why i was skeptical at first. However, the FDA is a group of money grubbing fuckers who try and put drugs out on the market as fast as they can so they can make money. For instance, the drug Celebrex, it was out for over 2 years until they pulled it off shelves because its hightening the risk of heart attacks in people. Go FDA.

My only point though is, since mushrooms are what, over 80% water, is it possible that by using mineral water, or some form of nutrient rich water to hydrate casings, could you increase potency or yeild? I recently read a thread on a guy who used a mushroom tea to hydrate his casings and experienced dramatic results in mushroom size.

Anyone?

--------------------

Offlineillahee
Content Observer
Male
    #3598651 - 01/08/05 01:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have an experiment with water that i'll be conducting on my first grow. (with controls and such obviously) Hopefully it'll be badass...like Japan.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: Alkaline Water [Re: illahee]
    #3600391 - 01/08/05 08:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I know i strayed off your question but was just commenting on your site. You'd need to talk to a mycologist on such effects. Only other way is conducting scientific expieriments yourself. There is just so many factors that could be different, it might be difficult to conclude that the water is the cause, unless you did a lot of expieriments. I do believe it would be a valid expieriment to test purified water compared to mineral enriched water, not however the alkaline water, but that is just my opinion. Those are my suggestions to your original question.

--------------------

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City Flag
Re: Alkaline Water [Re: derx]
    #3603854 - 01/09/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It claims to turn the water in its tank alkaline. And, since I always got fugi on the mind, I was wondering what would happen if someone were to, I dunno, somehow use alkaline water within a karo solution and compare it to mineral water or tap water or bottle water.

Bacteria prefer an alkaline pH and fungi prefer a more acidic pH. Increasing the pH would make it more benificial to bacterial growth. The Difco Manual actually recommends a pH of like 4.5 for broth for growing fungi to reduce bacterial contamination.

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: Alkaline Water [Re: micro]
    #3607153 - 01/10/05 08:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My well water has a PH of 9.1... and a PPM of 400 ish.

Needless to day, i had to go buy a RO machine and finally no longer have bacteria filled jars... and upset stomachs.

stik with ph 7.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: Alkaline Water [Re: PooPs]
    #3610250 - 01/10/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

micro, That is why we use lime as buffers to boost the PH of casing material up to about 8.0. Bacteria aren't going to grow in casing material, there is no nutrients. There also is some bacteria that can flourish in acidic ecosystems (archaebacteria) come again?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale