Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUnixTrip
Stranger
Neglect tek Questions
    #358829 - 07/22/01 02:45 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I started four jars about 15 days ago using the pf tek. They are now 100% colonized and have primordia growing. I plan on using Hippie's neglect tek to fruit them, but I have a few questions. Should I untape the needle holes to allow for air exchange now? And there doesn't seem to be any room for the shrooms to grow. I was thinking of taking out the top layer of vermiculite and then turning the jar upside down, giving the shrooms almost an inch to grow in the bottom of the jar. Does this sound good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshizifty
enthusiast
Loc: tdot
Re: Neglect tek Questions [Re: UnixTrip]
    #358873 - 07/22/01 04:41 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

untape needle holes: its up to you, i dont see a big difference. try leaving two jars taped.
grow room: the shrooms will grow and push the cake around, dont worry. no need to flip.
vermiculite: leave it as is until your first harvest. watch for moisture buildup inside jar.

----------------------------------------------------------
ive got a flat chest and a head like a rats nest not to mention that im harder than a math test

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
creatures of the forest sing along with my chorus

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: Neglect tek Questions [Re: UnixTrip]
    #358887 - 07/22/01 05:02 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

what strain are they? if its B+ then id recomend using a terrarium becaise they get big (i know from experience) and that idea of flipping them over sounds good, but i dont know if it will ruin the "neglect" surrounding changing the fruiting condotions. if yo u take the tape off the holes (i do this when its 50% colonzed) then light will be able to get in and the verm may act like a casing (happened to me when i grew neglect) and it will add more air (i dont know if its good or bad). another thing about neglect tek is you dont have to worry about contams. you can open them up and check on them as much as you want so dont worry. another thing is when i grew neglect i had 4 jars total and one got lost to contams after the 2 flush and the rest gave 6 flushes!!! just dunk them in water for 24 hours and then they will start another flush.

just because you stick feathers up youre butt does not make you a chicken.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix