Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Canadian Law and the magical Cacti?
    #3585844 - 01/05/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

from teh PA&l Forum but i got no answers.

Quote:

kadakuda said:
direct from teh fed's web site

Quote:

Mescaline (3,4,5--trimethoxybenzeneethanamine) and any salt thereof, but not peyote (lophophora)

so what about trichs? or the other lesser known mesc carrying cacti? im looking for concrete info with a source please. to me this looks liek ANYTHING that has mesc in it is illegal except peyote (lophophora). so anyhting in that genus really. but it mentions nothing about the many other species in different genus'.

i go this from
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/c-38.8/37187.html

its by the bottom in schedual 3, number 17.

reply:----------------
Quote:

blinkidiot said:
All cacti are legal here as long as they are not used as a container for mescaline.

You must be growing them as a plant, and not as a drug. (Having any equipment to do an extraction might be enough to convict you, but IANAL)

reply:---------------------
Quote:

kadakuda said:
that was also my understanding. BUT they do not exclude trichs. only loph's....so then if they fealt the need they could give you shit for growing these, no? why would they only mention peyote when there are very well known other sources?

this has really started to interest me as it has no mention of the other species, but ya.

anyoen got any sources of anything that says eitehr way if non peyote mescaline carriers are legal? i know the probably are legal, but i cant get my mind around why they would ONLY say "except peyote" and not add the others that are jsut as commonly, if nto moreso, used (in canada).

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Canadian Law and the magical Cacti? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3585885 - 01/05/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think the others are QUITE as common as peyote is. There are probably several other reasons for exempting peyote specifically when the latest drug code came into effect (1996?). I know there is at least one registered Church in Canada which uses peyote as a sacrament.

Also, peyote was for quite a while the MOST common way to obtain mescaline for recreational use. It is also an ornamental cactus in use in Canada which I think was the official reason for exempting it. They probably just didn't have a problem with the other less-known cacti: either the police wouldn't charge anyone for possessing them live because they didn't KNOW they were a source of mescaline...or there just weren't that many people using the other cacti as a source of mescaline.

Don't forget, it is only the Internet over the past 10 years which has brought us easy access to these kinds of cacti.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Canadian Law and the magical Cacti? [Re: trendal]
    #3586073 - 01/05/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yes i see what your saying and that is my thoughts as well.  and i agree that peyote has been used in "real" rituals by native americans here and not trichs.  but trichs have been in stores and nurseries far more than peyote  past or present (that i know of anyway).

to take teh word of the law wouldnt this mean that ANYTHING that contains mescaline is technically illegal except for what they specifically exempt?  which is the loph. genus.

"17.
Mescaline (3,4,5--trimethoxybenzeneethanamine) and any salt thereof, but not peyote (lophophora)"

perhaps im looking too far into this, but it really strikes me a strange.  its like that itch you got in the middle of your back when your half asleep....cant reach it cant get up to itch it....it just stays there pissing you off. 

by the way i totally missed the forum i meant....:crazy:  i meant to put this in security and safety, so if you are wondering what my deal is, thats it.  move if you like :smile:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates