Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Fuck this
    #3584983 - 01/05/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can't do this. This is fucked. Whenever i get really sad, it's like I end up in this hole that I can't get out of. I feel like I've hit the bottom and I just give up. Last time I quit my job and started drinking heavily. I'm worried I'll end up doing the same thing. When I get like this all I try and do is get fucked up on drugs. I can't cry anymore. I feel like absolute shit and I know I should be crying or something, but I was only able to for a few seconds. After that it just stops and I sit there not wanting to do a god damn thing. Just wanting to give up on life and get fucked up. Anyone can help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Fuck this [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3585118 - 01/05/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This happens to everyone. (Atleast I hope it does, because if not I know a lot of fucked up people)

Quite frankly, the only advice I can offer is this:

Acknowledge your emotional state, and attempt to figure out why you feel the way you do. If you cannot figure out a reason, then realize the futility of feeling that way. If it has no purpose, it is futile.

You know as well as I know that you've been up and you've been down. Well, what's the difference, mentally? Here's a hint: there isn't one. Not really. I hate to be cliche, but it really is all in your head.

Realize that you're just as capable of being happy in any given moment (As is evidenced by your own history of UPS as well as downs.) as you are of being sad. Realize your own ability to control your emotional state.

It is easy to stay down once you are down, because that requires no effort. If you really want out of that feeling and that sadness, then you have to TRY. You have to put in the effort.

Try to be aware and observant of your own thought patterns. Try to "listen" for thoughts that don't make sense, that are just pointless drivel aimed at keeping you down. When you detect one, STOP IT. Put your fucking FOOT DOWN. YOU are the one in control here, man.

Everyone hates to acknowledge that they're the only one responsible for their emotional state. But, the fact is, it's true. You and only you can save yourself from these down periods.

It's as simple as saying "No. I refuse. I will not let another day be wasted away on stupid negative thoughts that don't GET ME ANYWHERE."

I don't know how else to put it, man... the ball is in your court... it has been all along.

Offlinepk3
Stranger
Re: Fuck this [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3585733 - 01/05/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've been there and I know its a bad place. As I've gotten older I've learned how to avoid bringing myself all the way down. Talking about your problems is a really big start. In rehab and also in my recovery and counseling groups I learned how to express my emotions alot better and getting things off your chest is a huge relief. I would recommend starting there if you can. Another thing to try is to find one thing that you love doing. Try to make it not involve drugs and hold onto it and pour your energy into that. For me I started weight training and learned everything I could about it. I got good at it and no matter how bad a day I was having I could go there and everything was alright. Whatever happens know that you arent the only one thats been through this and there are always people willing to listen and help. I wish you the best.

~pk

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Fuck this [Re: pk3]
    #3587066 - 01/06/05 12:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You've always got the shroomery so no need to feel alone. It's all a matter of time before you leave this bullshit and misery behind. :sun:

It always sucks to be in that situation. But don't make things worse by thinking destructively. It is really cliche but think positively. Your ego's going to be a big thing you should forget about. Instead of associating bad times with bad thoughts and misery, at least try to look on the bright side of things. In just about every horrible situation there's a lesson to be learned, not only that but you'll come out a lot stronger, especially with the right attitude. It really is all in your head. Weed out the bad shit and focus on the strong points, get back on your feet!

If there's anything you need help or advice with more specifically, then you've definitely come to the right place. Just by typing things up here it makes me feel a lot better, and straitens things out a lot. Hope things get better for ya.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Fuck this [Re: browndustin]
    #3587110 - 01/06/05 12:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Crying really does help. I have a really hard time doing it too. I have to be completely alone so that no one will see or hear me. I've found that listening to emotional music or watching some sad movie can get it started. Crying actually cleanses you psyche and helps you think more clearly, I read somewhere that excess stress hormones are actually excreted in tears.

Hang in there. It always gets better eventually.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Fuck this [Re: shroomydan]
    #3596841 - 01/08/05 01:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Whenever i get really sad, it's like I end up in this hole that I can't get out of.

so you're not sad all the time, right? otherwise you wouldn't get sad more than once. the thing of it is, whenever you're in an emotional state it is the ONLY emotional state possible, and it has lasted forever and will last forever, until it's over. know what mean? you have to remember that it will end, and start and end again, over and over

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Fuck this [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3597313 - 01/08/05 04:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you are gonna get drunk, get only half the drunk you think you need, and go out in a pub and/or bar, and sit there and cry and whatnot, might get the attention one need as humaneness's do :P

i say this no to help you, but that is the solution to how i would have done it, considerings, my place in life was " feeling useless" :P

just use yourself i say, and/or give more background..

and how one use oneself, is just like that :wink: sit somewhere you have not yet sat.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleswm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
    #3600546 - 01/08/05 09:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When I feel like giving up or I'm so frustrated I want to cry.I beat the piss out of my heavy bag it helps me forget about the bullshit.Everyone feels the way you do every now and then,the trick is try not to bottle it all up.The only way you're going to feel better is to find a way to let it out.Alcohol makes it worse most of the time,you just need to take your mind off of whats upsetting you.
I'm not very good at giving advice but I hope you get out of your slump.
good luck man.

--------------------
I can't spell and I have poor grammar.The crap I just posted is proof enough.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3607714 - 01/10/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Smurf dude!! It's not so bad, I promise!
The thing to remember is that it WILL get better. It always does. OK, fair enough, it'll also get worse again, but you got to enjoy what you can when you can. In fact, the great thing about feeling bad is feeling better afterwards. You really appreciate it then.
The thing with positivity is that it's a knack; you need to practise, to keep plugging away. Sure, something will come along and knock you down, but you'll get up again, and live to fight another day. I for one would be heartily bored if everything was good and perfect and wonderful every day. What is love, without the wondering if the other person feels the same way? What good is sunshine if it never rains? You need bad to appreciate good. That's what makes it so good.
Sorry to sound so disgustingly hippy! I have 2 bits of advice for you:
1: Have an adventure. Do anything which would get you out of the boring undemanding rut you are in. Learn about photography. Join the peace corps. Go tripping... the mushrooms always show you positive stuff. Go ice skating. Learn to express yourself through an instrument. Etc, etc.
2: Think about a short course of antidepressants. Prozac did wonders for me. I have a feeling you've tried them before, but maybe now the time is right.
All the very best of luck and love to you. I bet you're lovely.

--------------------
LURK

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Fuck this [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3611066 - 01/11/05 01:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know why but you people are always able to come up with the right things to say. Thanks to everyone who posted in here. I'm feeling better then I was for sure :smile:

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3611447 - 01/11/05 03:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Glad you're feeling better. I do worry about you, you know. You tie yourself into such knots!
NEVER give up hope. If you ever need to talk, you know where I am.

--------------------
LURK

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies