Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts
    #3572033 - 01/02/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Firstly, yes I'm still in Jello. I've changed jello flavors 8 times for health reasons, I'm in groovy grape flavor now and sponsored by the JFG (Jello Food Group) owned by Monsanto Foods Org. There are 5 of us in 4 different countries living in Jello now across the globe competing for 25 million euros. The longest in Jello wins. Anyway its hard to get my ideas online. But here goes.
I really feel sad about the people who died and are trying to survive the tsunami's effects that struck the Asia regions. However it amazes me that the poor people here in the USA really don't recieve the same response from the president, or the US navy, Army, or from the general mass of Americans now donateing to the asian tsunami victims.
I never saw a blackhawk chopper land in MA to deliver heating oil when a few old ladies froze to death last year right here in my area. Or an aircraft carrier group direct donations of human food to those eating catfood burgers. Or tents to those who live in a car.
My heartstrings were pulled while watching the horror on TV over in Thailand etc, the cries for help coming from other sites to help them with money almost made me donate... but I caught myself and stopped myself from helping those overseas. They need to suffer and wake up to the fact that their own kings, like the king of thailand that they so love, have been pocketing their taxes instead of implementing a tsunami warning system that only costs a few million. After they realize their governments are not helping them at all, revolution will help them.

Is it wrong that I think the money sent over there is now denied to the people here who really need it to survive another day? What about our kids who don't have medical care, or people we know who live in a freezing cold house, or have to eat animal food? I know people who are in all of the above situtations right here in my area.

UPDATED: There are still problems bringing aid to the povery tsunami that has struck the USA.

IMHO Bush should have donated one dollar to the relief over there. The King of thailand would have shit his pants. India asked for no donations because they have a decent government that cares for its people, somewhat.
Pretending we have money to help others is wrong. They need to know the truth just as we need to.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Edited by mabus (01/02/05 05:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletwonewtz
lot lizzard

Loc: middle of the road
Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: mabus]
    #3573556 - 01/02/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mabus said:
I never saw a blackhawk chopper land in MA to deliver heating oil when a few old ladies froze to death last year right here in my area. Or an aircraft carrier group direct donations of human food to those eating catfood burgers. Or tents to those who live in a car.

The rest of the world doesn't believe that happens in the US.

--------------------
absolutely statistically

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: mabus]
    #3573573 - 01/02/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the "king" of thailand? he has hardly any power at all, like the queen of england

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: twonewtz]
    #3573596 - 01/02/05 11:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I just gave my neighbor $40 to keep her and the 40 cats from dying this month. They all eat cat food. I don't have any more money. Nothing, taxes take it all except for doom3, a cumputer game. I need the rest for my human food, credit card payments, and child support. And it been like that for years. No end in sight not that i care. But its crap that bush gives money to them.

--------------------

Invisibletwonewtz
lot lizzard

Loc: middle of the road
Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: SoopaX]
    #3573599 - 01/02/05 11:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe that the king of thailand does have some influence (as in public works) and is not purely ceremonial. what i find very disturbing are the indications that thai officials downplayed or even ignored tsunami warnings because it is the height of tourist season and they were afraid it would be bad for business. THATS FUCKED UP.

--------------------
absolutely statistically

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: SoopaX]
    #3573621 - 01/02/05 11:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If the king is noone then why does he get 97% of the income of thailand? Just the same as the queen getting 79%.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3573652 - 01/02/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mabus said:
I just gave my neighbor $40 to keep her and the 40 cats from dying this month. They all eat cat food.

Maybe she should get rid of the cats.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3573698 - 01/02/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

She should ditch the cats. Why do you have credit card bills? is it my fault? Are your kids my fault?

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#3573724 - 01/02/05 11:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Just like the tsunami is an act of god so is my freakin problems. Help me with my neighbors, my kids, and my food problems. Not to mention my credit card bills. If you don't help me, I can't help them. Good luck.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3573823 - 01/03/05 12:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mabus said:
Just like the tsunami is an act of god so is my freakin problems. Help me with my neighbors, my kids, and my food problems. Not to mention my credit card bills. If you don't help me, I can't help them. Good luck.

So it is an act of god that you had kids you couldn't afford and spent money you didn't have? Did you pursue an education? Did you consider not having kids that you couldn't afford?
Like it or not, but most of the time the problems people face are due to their own choices not an "act of god".

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3573827 - 01/03/05 12:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's not the government's job to help you or the thousands of people affected by the tsunamis. It's a very unfortunate event, but how does the country plan to pay the $350 million in aid the government wants to donate? The taxpayers.

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: DNKYD]
    #3573863 - 01/03/05 12:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Lets pay the Thais money. The king of Thailand is happy. Thats where the money wentt.

You are all fools. I'm finished here, if you can't help at home but desire to give overseas then somethings fucked up. Your horse is screwed up, you need to wake up, whatever. Look around you. Germans help themselves, Japs do, Chinese do, Irish do, what the fuck is wrong with you? Are you dumb, too young, or do you beelive in crap?

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#3573902 - 01/03/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You know what you gave away? Americas salvation. We could have done evrything that man has hoped for. Not now. Cause that moneys gone to a people who hate your ass. Dumb asses. You gave it to a culture who awaited your donation so they could spit at you later. While your own people died. You are evil fuckers. Blind to the truth in your midst.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3574388 - 01/03/05 06:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wow. You have some strange views.

How do you know that these people "hate your ass"? Have you talked to them or are you just going on the common assumption that everyone hates America?

"You gave it to a culture who awaited your donation so they could spit at you later."

How the hell could you know that? You think they aren't grateful for aid? You have no idea. You are just assuming ridiculous things to support your already held views.

Here's a question: why do you think that your countrymen are more deserving of charity than others, even though they are, on average, far richer?

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3574969 - 01/03/05 12:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mabus said:
I just gave my neighbor $40 to keep her and the 40 cats from dying this month. They all eat cat food. I don't have any more money. Nothing, taxes take it all except for doom3, a cumputer game. I need the rest for my human food, credit card payments, and child support. And it been like that for years. No end in sight not that i care. But its crap that bush gives money to them.

Could you help having a child you couldn't raise? Yes.

Could you help using your credit card so that you have bills you can not pay? Yes.

Could your neighbor live without 40 cats? Yes.

These matters are so trivial compared to the crisis overseas. I can't even believe you tried to compare them. I'm sure the victims of the tsunami couldn't really do much about the devastation that was coming their way. To compare that to you irresponsibile decisions is ridiculous.

You are nothing but a troll, and contribute nothing to this forum.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3575035 - 01/03/05 12:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I really feel sad about the people who died and are trying to survive the tsunami's effects that struck the Asia regions. However it amazes me that the poor people here in the USA really don't recieve the same response from the president, or the US navy, Army, or from the general mass of Americans now donateing to the asian tsunami victims.

how to explain to you without sounding mean...a tsunami is a natural disaster that ruins millions of people's lives all at the same time. South Asia is in a situation of crisis. WOuld you say the US is in that situation? definitely not.
poor people exist everywhere, and i'm sure that you'll find in your country, like in any other western country, an association where people can send money to, to help the poors out.

Although i agree with you that Bush doesn't do much to help the poor people in your country, and although it is probably true that the king of Thailand is as corrupted as most politicians around the world, you need to take your head of your ass and realize that the situation in Asia is not comparable to anything else, and these people need our help now more than ever. We are all interdependent on this planet.

seriously, i would never have imagined that anyone would say something like "to each person his own shit"...like you are saying today, and i am honestly greatful that most people aren't like you and have some sense of what solidarity means.

actually i'm not surprised that this kind of mentality comes from the US...fuckin american arrogance

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3575621 - 01/03/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Your having a child is an act of god?

Ok, I'll edit my stance. If somehow your baby momma was the recipient of an immaculate conception and the offspring is the second coming of the Christ, I'll say maybe we could spare a few bucks for it. If this ISNT the case, as I have a feeling, it's hardly an act of god. Did he prevent you from getting an education too?

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: exclusive58]
    #3575639 - 01/03/05 04:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
how to explain to you without sounding mean...a tsunami is a natural disaster that ruins millions of people's lives all at the same time. South Asia is in a situation of crisis. WOuld you say the US is in that situation? definitely not.

Most of the world, when compared with the standard of living of the average US citizen, is in a "state of crisis". Should we give them all money until we are as poor and desitute as they are?
Quote:

poor people exist everywhere, and i'm sure that you'll find in your country, like in any other western country, an association where people can send money to, to help the poors out.

EXACTLY! An association where people can voluntarily spend their money how they see fit. It's not a group of thugs and armed robbers that stick you up for 20% of your income to force you to pay for something, it's a voluntary situation where you give if you can afford it and if you feel it's a worthwhile cause.
Quote:

Although i agree with you that Bush doesn't do much to help the poor people in your country, and although it is probably true that the king of Thailand is as corrupted as most politicians around the world, you need to take your head of your ass and realize that the situation in Asia is not comparable to anything else, and these people need our help now more than ever.

Asia needs more help than we can give them. India could have used 350,000,000,000$ years and years ago.
Quote:

We are all interdependent on this planet.

Show me how much money these nations donated for the wild fires in California, the 9/11 attacks, Pearl Harbor, etcetera.
Quote:

seriously, i would never have imagined that anyone would say something like "to each person his own shit"...like you are saying today, and i am honestly greatful that most people aren't like you and have some sense of what solidarity means.

If you think that most people would donate money, why do you think that the US should take it by force via taxation to give it to these nations?
Quote:

actually i'm not surprised that this kind of mentality comes from the US...fuckin american arrogance

Wahoo! Lets not finish a post without saying Fuck America, or Fuck Bush, a few times, this is the shroomery after all!

--------------------

Invisiblecubed
Stranger

#3579038 - 01/04/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

it amazes me that the poor people here in the USA really don't recieve the same response from the president, or the US navy, Army, or from the general mass of Americans now donateing to the asian tsunami victims.

the poor in the West don't count...and they are hidden away behind the gloss of Hollywoood - a facade is thrown up to the world...

What poor people? Just check out the average GDP per person

there are no poor

Just like there is no AIDS in Zambia - In Zambia homosexuality is illegal and the government states (or at least used to in the late 80s) that since homosexuality is illegal then it does not happen. And since AIDS is spread by homosexuals *ahem* (GRIDS) and there is no homosexuality in Zambia - there is no AIDS!

Simple!

The USA needs its poor and the world needs its poor - this is economics.....no poor....no economics.

It would be nice if Bush was a little bit nicer to those pawr folks back home

at least he is helping the poor of Iraq out!

Praise be! :grin:

--------------------
booohooohoooohoooo

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Bush should have donated one dollar to the tsunami relief efforts [Re: Redstorm]
    #3581552 - 01/04/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Could you help having a child you couldn't raise? Yes.

Could you help using your credit card so that you have bills you can not pay? Yes.

Could your neighbor live without 40 cats? Yes.

That stuff above is the tsunami you need to help figure out how to repair, not some 3rd world kingdom overrun by water and run by a despot. Fix our problems first. I've paid 13K on a 4k credit card, and I still owe the 4k credit. I've not used the card in 3 years, never would again. I'll get out of my trap, but it pisses me off when I know that other americans need more dire help and never get it.

--------------------

Edited by mabus (01/04/05 08:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale