Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleasd11
final sky

Drive while tripping
    #3571159 - 01/02/05 01:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I read trip reports and threads were people mention that they were driving while tripping.To me,tripping involves hallucinations, alterations in time/space perception,sometimes confusion.

So why do people drive while tripping?My first thought is that they are inconsiderate,selfish,and stupid.Maybe I am wrong and someone can help me understand while people drive wasted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Drive while tripping [Re: asd11]
    #3571170 - 01/02/05 01:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

because theyre fucking idiots

--------------------

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

Re: Drive while tripping [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3571198 - 01/02/05 02:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ya man, it would probally be safer to drive drunk while blind folded

I wouldn't mind if they were only putting there own life at risk, but that is risking many lives, it's people who do things like that whom give us drug users a bad name

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

InvisibleHeineken
Imported From Holland

Loc: Holland, duh?
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: penlight438094]
    #3571219 - 01/02/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thats pretty bad. just imagining seeing a stop sign on a highway. not smart or cool

--------------------
Please Enjoy Responsibly

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3571290 - 01/02/05 02:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's not cool, but I've done it in the past more often than I'd like to admit. I highly advise against it.

OfflineNickatina
journeyman
Male
Loc: Bay Area, California.
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: Supernova]
    #3571305 - 01/02/05 02:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I've drove on 4.5 grams of shrooms..that was too much for me to handle..I had to pull over after 4 miles and let my friend get me back home..I was drivin on streets in my neighborhood I been driving forever and i kept forgetting where I was and shit..I'll never do that again.

--------------------
"Make the most of the hemp seed, Sow it everywhere" -George Washington

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Drive while tripping [Re: Nickatina]
    #3571395 - 01/02/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A few years ago, I was doing a lot of acid, and was able to drive fine. But I had quite a tolerance, and a whole lotta experience w/ cid. It was no more difficult or dangerous (for ME, you may be different) than driving stoned, which is also inadvisable (but apparently much more acceptable around here). I can't remember driving on mushrooms ever, but don't doubt that it's happened. I wouldn't recommend driving on ANY substance, but we've all made some mistakes.

p.s. it's really not all that hard, if you can control your trip. I wouldn't do it anymore though.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3571475 - 01/02/05 03:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The reason why it is dangerous is that sometimes you cannot control your trip. I know some of you might be able to keep your composure when you trip, but tripping is a very variable thing. One gram of cubensis can sometimes kick you in the ass in a way that a quarter couldn't. The truth is that most times you can control your trip, but there is always that one in a hundred or thousand or whatever chance that all hell could break loose. You could easily pass out for a second and head on someone. And anyone who drives while tripping is a fucking idiot :thumbup:

Even for you electrode, driving on a strong psychedelic drug is not the same as driving while stoned and you know it. If you had much experience you would know the true power of psychedelic drugs and not mess around with them on the road. I understand it sometimes happens that you must drive while tripping, but if you put yourself in that situation then you wasted your trip, and possibly your life and maybe a family of four's life too.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineEntropic
drunk elf
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: mecreateme]
    #3571607 - 01/02/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Although I advise against it I too have driven while under the influence of a number of substances, to this date I've never been pulled over or made any major mistakes while driving tripping. I've driven on 700mg of DXM with a sober person next to me (I hadn't planned on driving, but he didn't know how to drive stickshift), he said I drove well, with a little slower reaction time. I've driven after 7 hits of acid and 30 beers, once again, sober person said I drove fine. I've driven on an eighth of some cubes, but only for about a block, I find it's far harder to drive on mushrooms than other hallucinogens, shorter attention span and less ability to concentrate on the road. I've driven on 2C-I and 2C-B, relatively easy but streetlights play some weird tricks on your eyes.

I never found driving difficult under the influence of any of those, but I'll still warn against it, I know how I react to those substances and I know my limits, I don't know yours.

--------------------
No .sig for me, I'm trying to quit.

Anonymous

Re: Drive while tripping *DELETED* [Re: Entropic]
    #3572283 - 01/02/05 05:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

Re: Drive while tripping [Re: ]
    #3572440 - 01/02/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

rule = we depend on our brain to tell us our arm is connected to our body, that a needle hurts, that water is wet etc, if you add chemicals to your brain that alter the way the chemicals act, the brain can lie, and there is NOTHING you can do about it, if your brain tells you arm has fallen off it you will think it has, you can't correct you brain and tell it it hasn't, i don't think i need to say much more :0)

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3572716 - 01/02/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Even for you electrode, driving on a strong psychedelic drug is not the same as driving while stoned and you know it. If you had much experience you would know the true power of psychedelic drugs and not mess around with them on the road. I understand it sometimes happens that you must drive while tripping, but if you put yourself in that situation then you wasted your trip, and possibly your life and maybe a family of four's life too.

I realize that psycadelics are very different than weed, but *I* was able to function behind the wheel as well as I would've been able to stoned.  I know it's a bad idea and I never did shit like decide, "hey I'm trippin' balls, lets go for a ride".  It would just happen that I needed to get from point A to point B, while on acid.  And I always made it without incident.  And why you gotta be all morbid... I never took out a family of four.  I understand that anything can happen, and there could've been some kind of freak accident, but you could also take out a family of four if you were driving in a snowstorm or something.  Lighten up a bit...I said I wouldn't drive under the influence of psychadelics anymore, and said in my post that I discourage it.  relax... :smirk:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3572754 - 01/02/05 07:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Do NOT operate heavy machinery while tripping.

Unless you like playing Russian Roulette.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: Entropic]
    #3572760 - 01/02/05 07:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Entropic said:
I've driven after 7 hits of acid and 30 beers, once again, sober person said I drove fine.

sure ya did.  :rolleyes:

the other day my friend drove us in a few circles tripping around the block at the bottom of his hill (no traffic, out of the way area) and we listened to zepplin.  there weren't really any worries between us.  he kept it slow and when we finished we drove up to his house and chilled.  maybe it was a little sketch/stupid but i would have not allowed him to drive more than that.

Edited by TODAY (01/02/05 07:36 PM)

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: TODAY]
    #3572814 - 01/02/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I used to drive all the time on acid. 7 or 8 hits not unusual going to New Orleans. Stupid kid I was.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3573108 - 01/02/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Not trying to get morbid. Just trying to show you what could happen.
True, driving is a risk in and of itself but the truth is that being on psychedelics makes you trip. Think about that. Tripping, going somewhere in your mind while driving a vehicle? The driving part is a sad distraction from what is really going on when you trip. Plus, even though you might be able to drive well enough before, you can never guard against a random blackout, or do I have to list all the other things that could happen when your tripping. I understand you have changed your ways and that is good but it really is not as easy to drive on psychedelics as it is on pot.

And I never said you took out a family of four, that is just something that could happen because you were irresponsible while tripping. Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint, I have sadly driven on psychedelic drugs. Even worse, DXM, and I drove just fine for like five to ten miles from my house somewhere and back. I was incredibly fucked up while driving and everything was very slow but I compensated I guess.

Anyway, to answer the post  :grin: irresponsible, young people who like to go to parties and get fucked up on psychedelic drugs drive on them. Not that most of us don't pass through that phase, but you gotta be careful. More careful than most people are.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3573158 - 01/02/05 09:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
. And anyone who drives while tripping is a fucking idiot :thumbup:

Quote:

mecreateme said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint, I have sadly driven on psychedelic drugs. Even worse, DXM,

So what are you giving me such a hard time for?  I said I've done it in the past, it can be done, and I don't do it anymore.  You call me a fucking idiot for driving on psychadelics in the past, and then admit to doing the same thing.  Dude, you need to just shut up on the matter and keep your hypocritical viewpoints to yourself.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3573231 - 01/02/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ive done it once.....never again.

me and a few friends were tripping one night, and one of my friends started flipping out....and wanted to go home. she lived about 30 minutes from where we were, and at first i declined....but it was getting bad. so, i drove her home tripping balls. it sucked. paranoia was at an all time high, every light was a cop to me...i remember thinking god this is nutz. i get pulled over, we are gonig to jail, you know that right? not to mention the fact of posibly getting killed/killing someone. i got her there safe and stayed there till i came down, too scared to try to do it again. and havent since.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3573327 - 01/02/05 10:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i would personnaly never ever drive whilst triping, i rode in a car once while tripping on about 7 grams of dried p. cubies and that was to much for me to handle, everytime we slowed down and went to turn i thought we were going way to fast to turn and i was flipping out, id crash, no doubt.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Drive while tripping [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3573374 - 01/02/05 10:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well, im happy we didnt die or kill anyone.....or end up in jail. that could have gone wrong in so many ways....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale