Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
My new earbuds
    #3561499 - 12/30/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shure.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.asp

Shure E2c Sound Isolating Earbuds
Through www.techbargains.com I found a killer deal, $40 bucks off these babies, regularly $99.

So far I'm loving them. They're great quality, they fit very nicely (even comes with 3 sizes of both rubber and foam ear fittings). Shure makes great mics, but are relatively new to the headphone market (from what I've seen). IGN review says they are great, especially for the price. Especially for $40 off!
I got a pair of hi-fi cans last year, but they are in no way portable. These are tiny, and sound gorgeous. Anyone else have some great sounding earbuds? I'd love to hear opinions of others.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: My new earbuds [Re: Blastrid]
    #3561622 - 12/30/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

looks great man,
enjoy!

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#3564006 - 12/31/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

woah, synchronicity...

i just scored a new pair of buds myself.

i almost bought the E2Cs, but after reading this page,
i went with the Sony EX71s... scored 'em on ebay for $30.

after reading the user reviews i wish i had gotten the E2Cs,
i can't find the 40 bucks off deal, can you give me a link?

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: My new earbuds [Re: Middleman]
    #3564035 - 12/31/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

weird. I just got the ex71s to go along with my iRiver h340 - I like them :thumbup:

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: My new earbuds [Re: Middleman]
    #3564098 - 12/31/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

damn that's weird/cool! Are those the Sony Nude series that IGN review was talking about?

Here are the links, I found it using www.techbargains.com . THat site fuckin rocks---RSS feed of totally random, totally cheap deals and links. store sale announcements, website deals, unadvertised sales... etc etc.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90132508&dcaid=1688

+

$5 dollar off coupon when you spend $50
but unfortunately the coupon expires 12/31.

But, Shipped for FREE!!

Dude, I've had a LaTeRaLus revival... listening to them through earbuds or my hifi cans reveal so much I never knew.... SHAME ON ME for not listening to that album enough through headphones.

:eek:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3564145 - 12/31/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you want some highquality ear buds i got something to show you :laugh: UE-10 Pro are simply the best headphones on the market.  Beat out highquality cans ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  only the true audiophile need apply with a 900$ price tag.  but that does get you CUSTOM molds of your ears so they fit PERFECT and the sound.. well it speaks for itself if you are ever so inclined to purchase such an item.

Quote:

The latest innovation from Ultimate Ears, Inc. is the UE-10 Pro. The UE-10 Pro is the first earpiece to have a 20Hz to 16k (1 or ? 3db) truly useable frequency response. The new high frequency driver has extended frequency response out to 16k with no EQ. Sonically the UE-10 Pro is the most accurate earpiece available. That combined with the low frequency headroom of the dual low frequency armatures makes this earpiece a must for any application, especially ear monitor systems that do not offer the high frequency boost options.

While this earpiece is designed for ?professional? applications, it is just as well suited for use with an iPod, DVD, MP3 players and other devices. The custom fit allows -26db of isolation or ?passive noise-cancellation? and the utmost in comfort. Designed to withstand all the rigors of a live performance it performs flawlessly during a workout or other situations where sweat is a factor.

If others claim to have a triple driver design that is comparable or better than the UE-10 Pro just ask them to provide you the proof in their advertising by requesting their products frequency response chart to compare to the UE-10 Pro.

Outstanding features:
Proprietary surface mount crossover network for maximum reliability.

Features:
Custom fit to your ears. Each pair is hand crafted off ear impressions you have made at your neighborhood audiologist or hearing aid center.
Why custom fit? Because a custom fit earphone delivers the ultimate in comfort. A sealed ?custom? earpiece also means the low frequencies can ?resonate? in the ear offering optimum bass response naturally, not accomplished by volume.

Price: $900

OfflineRob_K
s p a c e d

Loc: London
    #3564483 - 12/31/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I got some of these a couple of months ago too! Weird. Awesome sound, though I find that unless you use the foam sleeves they have a tendency to fall out. I got them becuase some sections of the London Underground get really noisy and my journey to work was getting stressful- now I just float to work in a little bubble of calm. Excellent stuff! I payed about ?50 for mine which is about $95 I guess. Things are expensive in England  :frown:

--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4828697 - 10/20/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I needed some good earbuds for when I'm outside that cancel out for example the noise of wind when I'm riding a bike and so I bough these:

they're very comfy and the sound is really good too :laugh:

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: My new earbuds [Re: stefan]
    #4828705 - 10/20/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have the E3C shures ?120 on ebay new delivered. Same reason as Stefan, for blocking out the wind noise on the bike. Some say they are dangerous as they block out traffic. I am pretty careful, probably more careful than before. I got the E2Cs for my father ?70 delivered (?150 in shops here!).
Sound quality is amazing, can hear stuff in songs that I never heard before. Well worth the price.

Edited by blackout (10/20/05 08:22 AM)

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: My new earbuds [Re: blackout]
    #4830142 - 10/20/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

call me old fashioned, but i definitely still prefer standard Sennheiser cans  :smirk:

the sound quality is just too good.

those earbuds do look alot better than the default ipod kind

{Peace}

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: My new earbuds [Re: Soularize]
    #4830714 - 10/20/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Ive been looking for decent earbuds. At my apartmnet I use my Grado 125's which are just about audio perfection to me. I think the 125 is the best headphone deal, bar none, I tried the Grado RS1 and the sound difference isnt as pronounced as the difference between grados 60 and 125. I have never found a better headphone for a similar price, or even decently more money then the 125.
But the problem is that, I cant use them in a library, or in class, as they make noise for the outside population. Earbuds usually annoy me, and I just use the basic ipod ones, as I dont feel justified spending money on earbuds. But I will look into these.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates