Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times
    #355169 - 07/15/01 01:33 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well I really was tired of seeing this guy profiting off of unsuspecting people who don't know any better. I contacted someone at Hightimes about this since he advertises on their website, and I think also in the magazine itself.

What do you people think, is it not something justified in reporting this company to the Hightimes staff so that they can at least be aware of his shady business practices?

Should we do more, less, about this website? I think he's blacklisted by most people who frequent this website, but what about all the unsuspecting newbies who just don't know any better, is it not our duty to warn people?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: Thor]
    #355181 - 07/15/01 01:47 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
    #355183 - 07/15/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Good idea. After all, the shroomery's mission is to spread knowledge and stop the disemination of false/misleading information about shrooms/drugs. Maybe we can pool our best writers and submit an article to set the facts straight (before the sporetradingpost guy does)..

Talents not shared are not a talents.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: egghead]
    #355192 - 07/15/01 02:02 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I'd love for someone who knows more than me to pick out specific examples of his rip offs. Show a comparison of a bunch of vendors and his prices...

And explain why these ridiculous strains like the infamous 'Z' strain are totallly silly and don't warrant this $99 dollar price tag.

HighTimes emailed me back and said they were going to look into this matter, so hopefully I'll hear something back soon. If I don't hear anything I will contact them again.

I think a smart letter would be a great idea, if anybody wants to do that, it would be really cool.

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
    #355209 - 07/15/01 02:27 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

That guy should be poisoned,shot,stabbed,hung,scalped,drawn and quartered, then burned at the stake. Having some type of warning(BIG RED LETTERS MAYBE :)> ) in the Growing section of the site or resources about this bastard might help some to deter newbies from him. If when I first got interested in this and had I ran across his website first I might have decided it was all too damn expensive for me and gave up ever attempting it. SporeTradingPost is definitely a stain on the community. He should be boycotted publicly.

"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #355212 - 07/15/01 02:31 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I think I remember someone awhile back saying his "Z" strain was actually the Acadian Strain.

That dumbfuck shouldn't be in business. There should be a not so nice little warning posted on all drug related BB's and web sites pointing out this guys true nature. I think that was a great first step in getting the trugh known about this guy thor.

I don't care about jack shit, I just wanna pick my nose!!!
------Jonny Socko

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #355215 - 07/15/01 02:33 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Here is why I think that it attracts so many newbies to his site if you use a search engine to inquire about anything to do with groing mushrooms his site pop's up under petris, spores,
syringes, cultivation etc... so when you see a name so many times you tend to think it is a better site. And you enter and low and behold he sells every product you need and his kits will teach you to grow pounds and pounds of mushrooms there hooked and they buy and low and behold you in up with 100-500.00 dollars worth of shit.
You can get the supplies he sells cheap but being new you jump in try it, fail and then your pissed off and start looking for a better place and then they see the truth.
I think his new web host should be notified as well let's burn him at the stake.

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores
----------------------------------------------
Donations to the shroomery
www.paypal.com (Account thor@shroomery.org)

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: dimitri211]
    #355218 - 07/15/01 02:36 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

He has only 1 e-mail address we could all start sending e-mails to this guy telling him how much we love his site and after a bit he wood get tired of opening e-mails all together and that could be the downfall of his scam

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Offline*HeGz*
old hand
    #355286 - 07/15/01 04:10 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Damn does the STP suck! Thor, message me if you need some help with the letter. I think it should preface with his excellent $99 Keepers Brew a.k.a Sugar Water!

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do
Nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated

**Check out the FSR you may find something you like**

PEACE

HeGz

Invisiblejim2
enthusiast
Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: *HeGz*]
    #355343 - 07/15/01 05:19 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

thor, how about an address where we can ALL complain to high times. if we all took 2 minutes and sent a letter it would speak louder than one person

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: jim2]
    #355349 - 07/15/01 05:32 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

***don't email merilee anymore*** :smile:

Edited by Thor on 07/30/01 06:47 PM.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#355355 - 07/15/01 05:46 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request [Re: ralphster44]
    #355364 - 07/15/01 06:05 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: McMan]
    #355374 - 07/15/01 06:18 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: ralphster44]
    #355382 - 07/15/01 06:34 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I just e-mailed merilee at high times and made a complaint. I also invited her to come to this BB and tolsd her to ask someone to point out all the threads that have been started regarding STP.
Is there anyone who can take the time as a favor to all and put these into 1 thread, envelope, or whatever so that if she does visit we can quickly point her to the thread.
If she does not make it by soon I will bring the threads to her in another polite e-mail.
People please continue to e-mail her and help with the banning of this site.

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: ralphster44]
    #355383 - 07/15/01 06:45 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ralph,

I hear ya bro. This is why I leave at times, I really get sick of how self centered people are. The ego wars are a joke. But you know whats funny? I have seen this parallel to real life. I have noticed this more and more in the everyday world. Most people; not all, do not give a flying rats ass about good people. The buisness world reflects this today as we are fed advertisements till we puke.

I guess Im getting older and my perceptions are changing. I come back to these sites at times because I charish the old days, where it seemed more of a tight community. I see posts now come and go so fast. I can answer in a post and over half the times it dies out and is gone down the list in a matter of a day.

The community has definately changed and I really feel like I don't fit in anymore. I really love my hobby and that will never change. Sometimes I try to never come to these sites and I do notice my emotions go from worry about how people act more to the spirit of the shroom. I find reading books or informational parts of sites like the shroomery tends to form my own little world of the shroom. Call it fantasy; I call it selective happiness in my case.

One would say ignore and take what you can; I have a hard time doing that because I am too caring and a habitual worrier. Peoples opinions are treaded on like foot mats and the egos fly rampid over stupid things. Its not just here, its any site with human interaction (forums, etc.).

I still feel that the shroomery, erowid, and lycaeum are the top sites when it comes to archived information and thats what I like the most. For me, the forums and such are just mental mastrubation anymore; a waste of energy.

Thor and 3D, you guys are doing good. Keep up the good work.

Alien

Alien

"We have become a culture - a cyber shroom culture, and someday we will be history." - Alien

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: dimitri211]
    #355395 - 07/15/01 07:05 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I would be more than happy to do this, Dimitri, but I feel that someone who has more experience with the Shroomery would know more about how many complaints/where the complaints are/who exactly they're about-the details that matter, should do this to make sure its done correctly.

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: Alien]
    #355397 - 07/15/01 07:10 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I can see what you're saying Alien, because I've seen it coming for a long time. I wondered if it was just me growing up, but it wasn't. I am not so determined to be where I used to be, but I feel not so bad, having known how true things were at one time and accepting being spent. I just don't have the drive.

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #355399 - 07/15/01 07:15 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Thor & Ralph,
Any back references for some to check up on? May find more support if we all knew what was up. ;)
Peace

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Sporetrading post and my letter to High Times [Re: Condi1]
    #355471 - 07/15/01 10:42 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Heres some posts that will fill you in on the contraversy about www.sporetradingpost.com

Spore Trading Post?

Anyone here heard of the N.J. 6 Strain?

My favorite >>>>> Any thoughts on the Z Strain?

Give those a read and you'll quickly see why this spore trading post is blacklisted by the online mushroom community.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals