Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepj541
Loc: fuck off
First timer cakes or 50/50+ case please help me
    #353303 - 07/11/01 06:42 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hello, my friend has tried to grow once before and he got a cake 100% colonized and the cake never produced any fruit because it was neglected and he is wondering if a casing might be easier than a cake to take care of if this time he makes sure to take care of it. anyways he has 4 cakes 100% colonized ( P.C. equador) and wants to try 50/50+ casing. any help would be great thanx.

because i got high

Edited by pj541 on 07/11/01 09:14 PM.

--------------------
?Well, this is how the world works. All energies flow according to the whims of the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJnykiel
Re: First timer cakes or 50/50+ case please help me *DELETED* [Re: pj541]
    #353375 - 07/11/01 09:58 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Jnykiel

Reason for deletion: n/a

Offlinepsylo330
Re: First timer cakes or 50/50+ case please help me [Re: Jnykiel]
    #353485 - 07/12/01 03:19 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I find that with the 50/50 , U have MUCH more pins. But cake are good to, praticly no change of contamination, fruits quicker, no waiting time during colonisation of casing.

I am completly mad so dont listen to a word I say its the littleblueguyz fault.If I don'tpost anything for a few days, it's that I have suicided myself or I had decided to live on Mars.

--------------------
I am completly mad so dont listen to a word I say its the littleblueguyz fault.If I don'tpost anything for a few days, it's that I have suicided myself or I had decided to live on Mars.

OfflineTryp'er
journeyman
Re: First timer cakes or 50/50+ case please help me [Re: psylo330]
    #353502 - 07/12/01 05:21 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

The easiest way to make a 50/50 casing is to ;
for one cake;;
One cup of peat moss
One cup of Verm.
3 table spoons of lime/oster shell
31/2 cups of tap water
stir well
then micro wave for 10 min.
stir agin
then micro wave for another 10 min.
stir, and let set over night uncoverd
Any container will work for the tray,as long as it can handle the damp. Make sure to wipe it down with bleach on the inside and out rinseing well. before crumbling your cake into it
Break up your cake"s" and lay the marbel size pieces in a even layerin the tray. Then cover with your casing evenly. across the top. cover the top losely with foil and set in a dark place for a few days. then remove the foil and put tray into your camber. mist and fan as needed, till pins set. then fan offten.

--------------------
Are you killing time or is time killing you?

Offlinepj541
Re: First timer cakes or 50/50+ case please help me [Re: Tryp'er]
    #353754 - 07/12/01 02:07 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the advise it is much appreciated he will try to case today

because i got high

--------------------
?Well, this is how the world works. All energies flow according to the whims of the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.?

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: First timer cakes or 50/50+ case please help me [Re: pj541]
    #353764 - 07/12/01 02:28 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

forget 50/50+ casing. if you are going to case then either use straight verm, or jiffy mix! jiffy mix is verm, peat, and some lime. it will work just as good as homemade 50/50 + except its cheap and store bought. try kmart or walmart. since you only have four cakes i wouldnt case, because then everything is ruined if you fuck up. my first time i grew i had four cakes of B+ and tried growing invitro. the b+ got too big and we had to put them in these little tupperware things with saran wrap for the top. we got a shitload of shrooms and since we were able to dunk them after every flush we got like six flushes. by the time the shrooms were done growing all that we had left were these little balls of mycelium. we plopped them into this little garden but nothing happened. for a first time i was surprised on how many flushes we got!! caisngs seem too hard to make flush mare than three times so if you only have four jars i would go invitro. theres no use in buying a big terrarium with perlite for only four jars.

hey, you got to be genuine thats the name of this game. if you're real, then you aint got nothing to worry about, but if youre synthetic then starting tomorrow you're balls come off!

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Offlinepj541
Re: First timer cakes or 50/50+ case please help me [Re: aluminum_can]
    #354273 - 07/13/01 02:52 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hello i just cased those four jars and was wondering what proportions to mix water and 3% h2o2 for misting. also how long should i wait to start regular misting, fanning and light cycles. thanks for your help:-)

"If you are frightened of the end and your holding on you see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace then the devils are really angels freeing you from the earth.."

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale