Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Spore syringe help
    #3525310 - 12/20/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The other day, I preformed my own version of a sporeprint/syringe tech. I was wondering how it sounds to you guys. I put on sterile gloves and sprayed the air around me with lysol disinfectant for a good 15 seconds. I then put down sterile surgical towels on the countertop to create a sterile field. I wiped down some tin foil with 70% isopropanol and placed the carefully clipped caps, "gills down" on the tin foil. I placed glasses that had been dipped in iodide over the caps and propped them so that air could escape. The prints came out great. millions of spores. I closed the foil on all corners and placed them in some ziplocks. Later the next day I unfolded the foil and placed the prints in some ziplock baggies and filled the baggies with sterile water. I zipped the baggies and shook for a few minutes and used my finger to scrape from the outside of the bag, the spores from the foil which was submerged in the sterile water. Once all spores were into the water and off the foil, I removed the foil with sterilized tweezers. Ok this was my methodolgy. Now I have a few questions. I used sterile, unopened syringes from a medical supply to extract directly from the baggies the sporefluid, capped with sterile needles and wala! I had 4 12cc spore syringes. Is it normal for my spore fluid to be a purpleish color? (I assume this is just due to the plethora of spores floating around.) Also many of the spores are clumped together in my syringes. How Do I separate? I only had 4 syringes at the time but this mehtod gave me enough fluid to make about 10 syringes. So I zipped the remaining fluid up in the baggies and put in a dark place in my fridge. Will they be safe there for a good while? I hate to waste all that spore fluid! Can someone help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Spore syringe help [Re: thashaman]
    #3525345 - 12/20/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

did u use your bare fingers to scrape the spores off the foil?
cause if you did you may have contamed them there. As far as Ziplocs go, i dont know if they are sterile when they come to you or not..so i dunno, thats a tough question as i have seen some crazy things work in my life..LOL

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Spore syringe help [Re: GregHimself]
    #3525361 - 12/20/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would be scared to use ziplocs cuz I don't think they are sterile..Am I wrong?

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Re: Spore syringe help [Re: GregHimself]
    #3525365 - 12/20/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ohh no not with my bare fingers. I scraped from the outside of the bag and I had gloves on.

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Spore syringe help [Re: thashaman]
    #3525514 - 12/20/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yes most ziploc bags are pretty close to sterile if not perfect and i have heard of adding a few drops of jet dry to keep the spores from clumping together.... yeah the purplish tint is fine

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures