Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineslowgrowth101
Stranger

pinning, barely
    #3522213 - 12/19/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ok i saw the first flush last week. i was surprised because i left the 3 cakes that made it taking care of them for 2 weeks with no pinning, so i stopped taking care of them, 2 weeks later i look in and see a dozen shrooms. i didnt wait for them to mature as it was my last day with my roommate who grew them with me and we either tripped that day or never. anyways, i dunked after the first flush, and i have them in a container and i put a bowl of steamy water in the container 3 times a day to keep the humidity up and fan 3 times a day, but there just isnt alot of pinning. how might i help initiate more pinning? there is only like 3 or 4 pins per cake. this is my first time and i am happy that i am succesful, although i started out w/ 12 jars and all the rest got contamed, probably from improperly pcing them. oh and i have pf 1/2 pint style cakes

Edited by slowgrowth101 (12/19/04 08:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: pinning, barely [Re: slowgrowth101]
    #3522316 - 12/19/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what is your light cycle? what is your temp?

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineslowgrowth101
Stranger

Re: pinning, barely [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3523215 - 12/20/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

um i dont keep track of those, i just leave them out of the closet for most of the day and put them in the closet at night. and it is room temp. dont have a thermometer though, i keep them in my room and the house is at around 70. I took another look really close with a flashlight and i think i see lots of pinning, i missed what the pinning looked like the first time, but now i know :smile:. the 2nd flush looks like it is gonna be better than the 1st. It looks like alot of pins on the top but none on the sides. i geuss i jumped to conclusions. I have pics of my proud first flush, albeit small.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3523244 - 12/20/04 01:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like rh problems .
You are just putting steamy bowl of water in to assist humidity ?

Not good enough if so , that would also explain why took so long first time around , you just managed to get some real determined ones that popped up .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineMajestic
M.I.A.
 User Gallery

Loc: Florence, Oregon
Re: pinning, barely [Re: tripndicular]
    #3523304 - 12/20/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

btw, I noticed in a past grow steamy water is a good way to contaminate your chamber...but I didnt think thru it and used tap water, with distilled water im sure your fine.... ~D

--------------------
"The Oracle at Delphi is quite possibly real...
I watched a documentary on it on Discovery channel."  -Darcho

People will always be tempted to wipe their feet,
on anything with 'welcome' written on it.

:regularshroom:?:regularshroom: "mushroom, what?"
_\ -/_

Offlineslowgrowth101
Stranger

Re: pinning, barely [Re: Majestic]
    #3526107 - 12/20/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hmmm it gets really really humid in the container for many hours after putting the bowl of nearly boiling steamy water in the container, more so than i ever noticed from misting with a spray bottle. but that is just testing the humidity with my hand so i might be wrong. I geuss i need to go get another spray bottle, if it is a good way to spread contams. Does it matter i live in an disgustingly clean house, because my mom is OCD and will never stop cleaning? lol thanks for the tips they are Equadorian and i was so surprised to see growth after 2 weeks of not even opening the container. these suckers are determined. here are some pics
this is what i saw after losing all hope and opening the container after 2 weeks of them being locked in the closet

here is a close up of one of the cakes

we had to harvest them because it was me and my rommies last day together. i wish we were able to let them reach maturity.

this is what i got right now

Edited by slowgrowth101 (12/20/04 11:18 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3526351 - 12/21/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Inadequate humidity.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies