Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us?
    #3510083 - 12/16/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The answers have been slowly emerging since my first dose.
The mushrooms are devices to get groups of people's minds all on the same level so that our group consciousness creates a grid structure (such as the one you find here, the Shroomery). :3rd_eye:
Well this I've known for awhile... but the real question here is- what is the mushrooms' intent?
It's contributing to our evolutional leap of course, but is that all?
Do you think the mushroom has other intentions?
It's a question to ponder on our next trip!  :mushroom2:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Adamist]
    #3510105 - 12/16/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i think that they are jusyt a means to opening our eyes to the REAL reality around us without our personal 'blinders'. in moderation, they can be very helpful in figuring out what it is that we need to accomplish in our lives and in the lives of those in our realities

--------------------

:murray:

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Adamist]
    #3510119 - 12/16/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life. The mushroom which you see is the part of my body given to sex thrills and sun bathing, my true body is a fine network of fibers growing through the soil. These networks may cover acres and may have far more connections that the number in a human brain. My mycelial network is nearly immortal, only the sudden toxification of a planet or the explosion of its parent star can wipe me out. By means impossible to explain because of certain misconceptions in your model of reality all my mycelial networks in the galaxy are in hyperlight communication across space and time. The mycelial body is as fragile as a spider's web but the collective hypermind and memory is a vast historical archive of the career of evolving intelligence on many worlds in our spiral star swarm. Space, you see, is a vast ocean to those hardy life forms that have the ability to reproduce from spores, for spores are covered with the hardest organic substance known. Across the aeons of time and space drift many spore-forming life-forms in suspended animation for millions of years until contact is made with a suitable environment. Few such species are minded, only myself and my recently evolved near relatives have achieved the hyper-communication mode and memory capacity that makes us leading members in the community of galactic intelligence. How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds. You as an individual and man as a species are on the brink of the formation of a symbiotic relationship with my genetic material that will eventually carry humanity and earth into the galactic mainstream of the higher civilizations.

Since it is not easy for you to recognize other varieties of intelligence around you, your most advanced theories of politics and society have advanced only as far as the notion of collectivism. But beyond the cohesion of the members of a species into a single social organism there lie richer and even more baroque evolutionary possibilities. Symbiosis is one of these. Symbiosis is a relation of mutual dependence and positive benefits for both of the species involved. Symbiotic relationships between myself and civilized forms of higher animals have been established many times and in many places throughout the long ages of my development. These relationships have been mutually useful; within my memory is the knowledge of hyperlight drive ships and how to build them. I will trade this knowledge for a free ticket to new worlds around suns younger and more stable than your own. To secure an eternal existence down the long river of cosmic time I again and again offer this agreement to higher beings and thereby have spread throughout the galaxy over the long millennia. A mycelial network has no organs to move the world, no hands; but higher animals with manipulative abilities can become partners with the star knowledge within me and if they act in good faith, return both themselves and their humble mushroom teacher to the million worlds all citizens of our starswarm are heir to."

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: blissedout]
    #3510245 - 12/16/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

i think that they are jusyt a means to opening our eyes to the REAL reality around us without our personal 'blinders'. in moderation, they can be very helpful in figuring out what it is that we need to accomplish in our lives and in the lives of those in our realities

Yes of course. But I'm talking about the purpose (or intention) of the mushrooms themselves. There is a plan that involves mushrooms and humanity that started long ago and is arriving at a grand climax in this age of information, which we have been flung into.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: tak]
    #3510251 - 12/16/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #3510493 - 12/16/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well if we manifest ourselves as individuals perhaps the manifest as reality.

when we eat the mushroom and have the visions we are actually giving birth to the consciousness of the mushroom...

how's that sound?

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3510670 - 12/16/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the mushroom just mushrooms ------- you ate mofo, why did you do it? in fact, don't answer that question, just remember to your utmost ability.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3510906 - 12/16/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

when we eat the mushroom and have the visions we are actually giving birth to the consciousness of the mushroom...

I think that's definately on the right track. But lets think further down this track... Maybe the mushroom's millenia-spanning consciousness has some sort of plan for the human race. I can say without doubt that mushrooms change a person. Therfore they are doing something to us, this is observable.

I wonder if even a hundreds of years from now we will fully grasp it.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3510958 - 12/16/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The mushrooms aren't intelligent. There is no mushroom consciousness. That's just a part of your consciousness, it's part of you. Embrace it, don't place the importance of that state outside yourself, in the mushrooms. It's inside you. The mushrooms are simply a means of reaching that consciousness.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3510995 - 12/16/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the mollecular composition of the mushroom's flesh is only by random accident causing weird things in the human brain. mushroom's grow out of the decomposing plant waste of cows but we don't ask well if the mushrooms cause us to think like god that makes the shrooms god devices, so cows must be god????? that's crazy talk see. does oat, wheat and yeast have a special purpose in mind to make humans all slurry? also there's that toad species that gives off hallucinogenic fluid on its back but no one is asking well what is the toad's higher purpose for humanity, nah it's just a toad with a special defense mechanism....

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: ]
    #3511058 - 12/16/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said:
The mushrooms aren't intelligent. There is no mushroom consciousness. That's just a part of your consciousness, it's part of you. Embrace it, don't place the importance of that state outside yourself, in the mushrooms. It's inside you. The mushrooms are simply a means of reaching that consciousness.

I with this kind of approach.
what happens seems strange yet familiar.
we have been there before.
like a reconnection with what we are.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: ]
    #3511094 - 12/16/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The mushrooms aren't intelligent.

Verifyably, no- meaning probably not. But I wasn't talking about intelligence anyways.
I was talking about consciousness, the state of being conscious.
We hardly have the tools to emperically "prove" much less dis-prove the idea that mushroom's are conscious.
I'd say if anything, the evidence points towards it.
Everything that is alive is conscious, in it's own way.
We may just not know how to recognize or detect something's level of awareness yet.
This doesn't mean it is not aware, or that it's awareness is restricted to our assumptions.  :smirk:
I personally believe the Earth itself has a consciousness, apart from us. It's just hard to dis-believe.:shrug:
I feel her breathing and communicating all the time.
I feel the same way about psychedelic mushrooms, particularly. Whether or not they have intentions or not, is what I am curious about.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3511147 - 12/16/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, I believe there's a mushroom consciousness, just like there's a rock consciousness, a planetary consciousness, a human consciousness. Oh yes. It just seemed to me that you were attributing the "state" that you reach from mushrooms to the mushroom consciousness, and not your own consciousness. In other words, there may be a level of collective mushroom consciousness that "knows" that humans are ingesting them, for a fun time or raising our awareness or whatever, but I don't think the mushroom consciousness "knows" what we really experience from ingesting them. I just don't think it has an agenda in that sense, which you seem to be inferring.

And the planetary consciousness, I've felt it. It's amazing. I think most of our lives we just take it for granted, like background noise that you hear all that time that you eventually tune it out. But when under the influence  :mushroom2: I've felt the vibrations, literally rising up from beneath me. :smile:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#3511163 - 12/16/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think the mushroom consciousness "knows" what we really experience from ingesting them.

But what if the experience IS their consciousness?

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3511185 - 12/16/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

also it makes sense that there is a consciousness beyond our shells and between all of us
what it is is bigger than shrooms
it is not owned by any things but it visits everything.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #3511204 - 12/16/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Maybe the mushroom's millenia-spanning consciousness has some sort of plan for the human race. I can say without doubt that mushrooms change a person. Therfore they are doing something to us, this is observable.

well lets look at our conciousness as the planet they live on.
we change the face of this planet to sustain ourselves and in return the planets gets an increase in complexity.
the mushrooms sets up shop in our consiousness, it changes the scenery to acommodate itself and as a result our conciousness increases in complexity...

so the agenda could be to expand our minds so their conciousness hase a place to live in...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3511207 - 12/16/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
there is a consciousness beyond our shells and between all of us
what it is is bigger than shrooms
it is not owned by any things but it visits everything.

Very well spoken my friend.
Sometimes I just wonder what will happen as larger and larger numbers of bipedal creatures dose themselves and combine themselves with cyberspace... I mean, this is some crazy shit.  :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3511214 - 12/16/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms are not the only psychedelic thing that grow in nature. How can you say that THEY alone have some kind of purpose? What about mescaline or DMT?

There is no US and no Shrooms that exist seperately. Their spirit is a part of our minds and we are their spirit. Think about that.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3511226 - 12/16/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the agenda could be to expand our minds so their conciousness hase a place to live in...

Interesting idea...

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #3511291 - 12/16/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said: it's part of you. Embrace it, don't place the importance of that state outside yourself, in the mushrooms. It's inside you. The mushrooms are simply a means of reaching that consciousness.

Yes..
Psilocybin is an analogue of DMT..there are several active tryptamines in the brain DMT being one of them.. I think the mushrooms are one of a number of applicable methods that can help us acheive these higher states of consciousness enabling one to experience and interact within (and without?) themselves on many different levels.. What you describe Adamist may very well be happening, I'm just not sure everybody in the world will have to dose mushrooms to get to wherever most of us are probably going to end up sooner or later anyway..

Perhaps the mushrooms are conscious..but in light of that, maybe everything can experience some degree of consciousness..perhaps some not without the ability to express that consciousness?

I like the grid analogy..and I think it hits the nail right on the head.. one of them atleast :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck