Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemarksmyfriend
Stranger
Bulk growing ideas and terrarium plans, please help.
    #3503706 - 12/15/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I recently grew a batch of blue meanies using the magic mushroom growing guide. I am very happy with my results but im ready to take it to a new level. I want to grow alot and help out my college campus (there are none around!). If anyone could help me out by offering the best methods to get significant yields. Also any design plans for the terrarium including a humidifyer and temp control. Anything is appreciated.
Peace :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk growing ideas and terrarium plans, please help. [Re: marksmyfriend]
    #3503775 - 12/15/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Think BIGGER
DEAD FREEZER, for FREE from any appliance repair place.

WBS spawn to dung based substrate, cased.

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #3503780 - 12/15/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

all the info you need can be found here.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinemarksmyfriend
Stranger
Re: Bulk growing ideas and terrarium plans, please help. [Re: agar]
    #3503812 - 12/15/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK! now should i do jars again? or whats the best BULK method, i have high demand for next semester.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3503912 - 12/15/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Dead freezer can be heated with wiring & control from an electric blanket.

You want BULK (screw cakes), do WBS spawn to bulk substrate.

IF YOU HAVE A PC, this is an easy blend of quasi/compost SYNTHETIC BULK SUBSTRATE.

Finely chopped ground aged /leached horse manure & presoaked finely chopped wheat straw, fortified with a small percentage of home ground BRF & some pre/soaked PC?ed WBS, as a delayed nutrient - source, with a little verm added -to increase its moisture retention capacity.

No exacting magic formula.
For instance, a 5 or 10 gallon size tote tub w/lid. Fill halfway with aged chopped (as fine as you can get it) horse manure. About a 20% portion of pre/soaked finely chopped wheat straw (the finer, the better). A couple pounds of home ground BRF. 3 or 4 quarts of pre/soaked PC?ed millet based WBS (PC?ed will not germinate). About a gallon size volume of vermiculite. Just toss it all in & mix well.

When you want to use it, take out however much you intend to use & add spring water until at field capacity (meaning - when you squeeze it - just a few drops of moisture - drip from it). Then PC the prepared mix (@ 15 psi 60 - 70 minutes) in a autoclave, turkey or tinfoil baking bag.

Allow to cool to room temp & spawn ASAP (sooner the better) @ about 15 to 20 % rate with colonized WBS.

Saran wrap top of container, poke some (10 or 15) pinholes in Saran wrap (for gas exchange), then cover container top with aluminum foil applied crumpled & loose over top & bent over edges a few inches (to keep it in darkness - but still allow some gas exchange).

That is a simple inexpensive bulk blend, that requires no science, or brain surgery to make. If you can find the ingredients (which isn?t tough, if you are tenacious & look for them). Think Feed & seed store for wheat straw & horse stables for horse poo.

Incubated & 80/85F & high rh, so it will not dehydrate. Once fully colonized, case with pasteurized or PC?ed 50/50 Verm - Coir mix , with sprinkle of finely crushed oyster shell (chicken grit - think feed store) to balance & maintain ph of casing mix.
PC'ed substrate mix is in a BAG & easy to protect.

WBS spawn is in 100% colonized quart jars, or autoclave filter/patch bag.

So - both are clean & good to go.

Use 12 quart / 11.4 liter STERILITE dishpan (or similar container).
($1.69 at Walmart)

Bake a few feet of rolled tinfoil in oven @ 350F - 10 - 15 minutes.

In as clean as possible surrounding conditions (cleaned Lysol?ed bathroom - G/B, or flow-hood).

Wear dust or surgical mask, cover hair, have clean hands, if using bathroom.

Spray tub with white VINIGAR
Then, spray with hydrogen peroxide (3% H202).
Wipe dry with sterile gauze pad.
This will KILL any contam on it.

Add sterilized tinfoil to tub BOTTOM & SIDES, if light shines through it.(so light doesn?t penetrate sides & bottom & cause bottom pinning - later).

Open Substrate bag & empty into lined container.

Open spawn jars - or bags & mix into substrate.

Pull out a couple feet Saran Wrap & spray with H202 (no need to wipe off).

Cover container TOP with Saran Wrap, H202 side down.

Pinhole Saran Wrap with alc swabbed needle.

Cover Saran Wrap with prepared & crumpled Tinfoil.

Bingo, you have a CLEAN & self contained substrate - ready to incubate.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3503941 - 12/15/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You love prick teasing the newbs sometimes huh old man ? :wink:

I can just see it now an old fridge in a "dorm" room all full of fluffy white myc  :thumbup: :laugh: :smirk:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bulk growing ideas and terrarium plans, please help. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3503953 - 12/15/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
He asked :laugh:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3503962 - 12/15/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
He asked :laugh:

FOMCLH !!!!!!! :eek: :grin: :grin: :tongue2:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinemarksmyfriend
Stranger
    #3503998 - 12/15/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I appreciate the help and plan on taking this seriously. Where can i get all these materials though? I am not familliar with this method at all. How much does a pressure cooker go for? Is there anyway to make the growing process more automated? (I dont want to have to spray the terrarium every day) Also, how long should i expect the whole process to take once I aquire all my materials? do i have to wait 20+ days like i had to with the cakes? Thanks again :thanx: :thanx:

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3504086 - 12/15/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Start watching eBay for the BIGGEST ALL AMERICAN PC, you can afford.

AA 925 is a good one.

Fat cats have AA 925X or 941.

You can AUTOMATE anything (if you have the IQ & means).

Start to study BULK. NO PC = NO BULK.

You have to crawl.... before you walk, then get running shoes & RUN.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3504342 - 12/15/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Everthinghome.com sometimes has sales on PC's from time to time  , not AA , but 23qt Presto 01718 , is a good model cost aprx 85-100$ , comes with canning tray for bottom , pressure gauge that is accurate , easily replacable gaskets .

And bottom line , cakes or bulk requires  patience  . :thumbup: :cool:
So yes plan on 20 or more days to flushes .Once you get it all setup and colonized . Mushies are like a fine wine , if you rush it you will just get grape juice or vinegar ! :wink:

As agar said automation is limitless especially if you have any imagination  :wink:
Sorry if my poking fun at agar seemed like you were not serious , he is awesome mentor , and sometimes we students must keep him on his toes  :wink: Also keeps him young at heart  :thumbup: :wink:

Keep up the research in the meantime , look into using coolmist or similar for humidity air exchange , consider space you have to determine size of setup you will require .
And do self big favor , do not broadcast that you plan on supplying whole school . :cool: :thumbdown:
Welcome aboard and
Good Luck

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Bulk growing ideas and terrarium plans, please help. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3504435 - 12/15/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Research = Read,read and Read.Then experiment. As you can see,you get alot of help around here.

I just got a nice refeg for free(not working), agar's right.Think BIG

GL

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinesinfull7
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bulk growing ideas and terrarium plans, please help. [Re: KaptKid]
    #3507206 - 12/16/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

they also have indoor green houses that are used for starting seedlings that work better then anything Ive ever seen . they come in a number of sizes and shapes . for my set up i use 2 60 gallon pumps for fresh air intake a kaz takes up a small space in the bottom and i toss a lil dry perlite on the bottom for puddles that might form , presto chango . perfect space for Hugh logs . the only problem Ive had with it is they rip kinda easy if you don't get i heavy mil plastic . its nothing a hot glue gun cant fix lol .

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate