Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS!
    #3495753 - 12/14/04 02:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Okay so, Im waiting for some buddies in berkeley and saw a pile of woodchips, I walk over and just took a little gander, and found this! I didnt know they could even grow here!!! I thought they where cyanescens at first, then I thought nah, they dont feel right, must be those fibs everyones talking about online. But they didnt bruise blue at all!!! They had this sort army green/brown appearance to the caps, and where really sticky when I picked them. They also faded to a light yellow much quicker than cyans or the other active species I found on my block. The margins on the older specimens where undulated and a tanish color, most ahd lost there veil. The younger specimens had obviose striated margins as well and where more of that greenish brown color. The final test was the blue veil! All the young ones had it, and soem caps where leaving a dark deep purple/brown sporeprint on one another. They where growing on woodchips!!! I went home and checked a local business park wich is musch further east bay, because I recalled seeing those same shrooms by the hundreds on a woodchip bed. They all died out by this time but they are going to fluch soon I bet!! I wish I wasnt specifically looking for cyans then!!!! Im kicking myself now!! I left a few pins behind and Im gonna get em tommorro!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #3495762 - 12/14/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Note the ring on the small one on the left hand corner! Also these are dry and they feel WAY less dense than the other actives I picked, they are much lighter than cyans. anyone know if this is a characteristic of ringers? I forgot to mention that the younger ones had an acutly umbonate cap.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3496245 - 12/14/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

they have the right general appearance, but lots of other LBMs do as well :smirk:.  I don't see the rings, could just be the pic though. 

the stuntzii I have found all had very thick, easily separable pellicles when wet, which is helpful in ID'ing them.  they are generally much smaller and lighter than cyans and cyanofibs as well.

DH

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: spores]
    #3497125 - 12/14/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well youd know bettre than I, this is the first time Ive ever seen em'. Yet, Im confident enough to eat a tester, I mean EVERYTHING matches up. Ive seen some of Mjshroomers stuntzii pics where the stems where thin, my theory on it is, first off, they arent supposed to grow this far down south, period. But, neither are fibs. But it seems as though many of us bay area dwellers have found fibs?! Something is changing. Or they are starting to be more tolerable of bay area weather? YOu are right though all the really healthy pics of ringers Ive seen had fatter stems. Do me a favor though, right click and save on the pic and zoom in, on the shrooms stem with next to the guitar pic, you will also notice a capless stem towards the top of the pic wich cearly has a veil as well. Also the small full mushroom on the far right has a visable veil but that ones really hard to see. I called A friend from washington that picked ringers all the time while I was picking these, I described them to him and he said there was little doubt in his mind that they where ringers, he still wanted to see them for himself. Upon drying the caps also take on a metalic appearance.

Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Loc: California
    #3498975 - 12/14/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nice find.. I didn't know blue ringers were around here. :smile:

--------------------
LSD Fiend

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: doop]
    #3499069 - 12/14/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i tell you what. I will trade you your location for a digital camera. If they are blue ringers, you need to get a sample to hongomeister so he can get them added tot he species list for the bay area

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: tahoe]
    #3499285 - 12/14/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Who is hongo? You need to get out here soon though. I left some pins but they are out in the open. If I can get there tommorro Ill take a pic with a local newspaper on the woodchips!

InvisibleHongosmeester
old sourdough
Male User Gallery
Loc: East Bay (EAST BAY GREASE...
    #3500181 - 12/14/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

check your pms

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #3501150 - 12/14/04 11:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Those look like blue ringers to me. I see bluing, the annular ring and that funny double stem thing I've been seeing in the ringers around here.

--------------------

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: @cro]
    #3501188 - 12/14/04 11:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I didnt really notice bluing, but maybe a little shade of bue when I pciked but nothing like cyans.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

#3501643 - 12/15/04 12:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, you would know better than me. I see bluing in your pictures but that could be the pictures or the combination with my skin. You can see the spore print on the cap of at least one of those mushrooms. In my opinion, you do have them.

Peace - @cro

--------------------

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: @cro]
    #3502158 - 12/15/04 03:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ive heard stuntzii don't bruise blue (due to the lack of potency). That the veil catches spores, which are dark purple/blue. This is the "blue ring".

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: psiclops]
    #3502162 - 12/15/04 03:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, the veil can be purple from spores, it can also be blue from the damage of the veil tearing but in general Stunzii do not blue all too much. They can but it's usually more of a blue hue it you will.

--------------------

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

#3503917 - 12/15/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It actually has to do with psilocin content, wich degrades much more rapidly than psilocybin anyway. They really arent THAT weak. A little handful will do you fine, according to friends from WA.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3504305 - 12/15/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Psiclops said,

Quote:

Ive heard stuntzii don't bruise blue (due to the lack of potency). That the veil catches spores, which are dark purple/blue. This is the "blue ring".

Contrary to heresay, Blue ringers do blue and sometimes intenseley. The veil does not catch spores and the bluing on the veikl is due to the oxidation by natural damage whent he veil rips open causing a bluing reaction. The spores are not blue and never have been blue. The spore colors for P. stuntzii are Dark opurplish-grayish-brown.

Again you are listening to urban legend. As noted above,
of course P. stuntzii's do turn blue. Not just on the ring, bu7t also on stems. There is a whole section of bluing stuntzii's at my site.

Here is a good exampkle of bluing in lawn specimens. I have posted many images here. Some of you shroom enthusiests need to read the Shroomery's Ultimate Shroom Guide if you really want to learn more than just eating them in order to give someone else good information about them.

And some ones picked from a lawn in Seattle. Here you can see a light blue -tinged ring, which is the remnants of the veil after it opened in order to sporulate.

Of course you can even see the blue ringers there. Sometimes the caps get a deep sea green or aqua green color along the edges, as do cyans.

mj

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3511667 - 12/16/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So MJ, you think the ones in my post are ringers? I dont recall any bluing, but a they the larger wavy specimens where already drying out. Purple brown sporprints and bluish rings.....

Offlinecyankid
    #3518032 - 12/18/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I found Stuntzii in the far East Bay area (near Walnut Creek) last January. I am absolutely undeniably positive that they were blue ringers. They were growing on a ~4 year old lawn. I'll check the patch soon and take pics if they are there. Blue ringers can undoubtedly be found in the East Bay area of California. And probably elsewhere too.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: cyankid]
    #3518061 - 12/18/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cyan kid, its you isnt it. Cyanobob

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineshr00mtastic
Stranger
    #14344786 - 04/24/11 06:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Dude...i live near MT. Diablo over in concord in the east bay...Im tryin to put together a shroom hunt and have never done it before...where should i look????ive taken plenty but never went out and got my own..thanks for the help

Offlinegroople
Re: EAST BAY BLUE RINGERS!!! PICS! [Re: shr00mtastic]
    #14344806 - 04/24/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

shr00mtastic said:
Dude...i live near MT. Diablo over in concord in the east bay...Im tryin to put together a shroom hunt and have never done it before...where should i look????ive taken plenty but never went out and got my own..thanks for the help

Why did you bump a six year old thread?

Read the damn stickies and the other bay area threads in this forum, all the info you could possibly need is here.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract