Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCornBall
Stranger
A few newbie questions?
    #348938 - 06/25/01 09:07 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I'm a newbie so I'll start with a few simple (for you guys anyways) questions I could not fiind the answers to on this site (great site BTW).

#1 Can contamination "jump" from jar to jar when the network is establishing itself? I know the mold/fungus/bacterias can jump once in the terrarium, but can it go from jar to jar in a dark closet?

#2 Are filter discs a worthwhile investment?

#3 Where's a good place to order spores? I ordered off Spore Chicks last time, and although the spores got here, they took about three/four weeks longer than they should have.

#4 What's the most "newbie-friendly" strain? I'm guessing one that spreads fast (minimizing infection chance) would be optimal, but I'm unsure of this.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Corn-Ball

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemadmyco
Stranger
Loc: Illinois
Re: A few newbie questions? [Re: CornBall]
    #348951 - 06/25/01 09:30 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

#1 It can't go through glass but spores are microscopic and will float around.#2 Yes.#3 Sporechicks are reliable so is hawk. Ecuadorian Ecuadorian Ecuadorian Ecudorian need I say more?

peace and plants
m

go.to/FreeSporeRing
How can you go wrong if its free?

Crobih is my founder of the shroomery

--------------------
m
peace and plants

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: A few newbie questions? [Re: CornBall]
    #348953 - 06/25/01 09:31 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

#1 Can contamination "jump" from jar to jar when the network is establishing itself? I know the mold/fungus/bacterias can jump once in the terrarium, but can it go from jar to jar in a dark closet? >>>>>>

It all depends on how much you move those and/or store your jars. It has never happened to any monkeys around here (in similar situations i might add). Once you identify that your jar is contaminated move it to a different spot in your closet. If the Top is on then you should be good . All of this addreses a PF style cake.

#2 Are filter discs a worthwhile investment? >>>>>>>

If you have the money i don't see why not. I'm sure there is a way to re-use them. No monkeys here have ever tired these silly little disks.

#3 Where's a good place to order spores? I ordered off Spore Chicks last time, and although the spores got here, they took about three/four weeks longer than they should have. >>>>>>>>>>

Why dont you try www.fanaticus.com . Not only for your first spores but also for the info that is provided there. They are usualy prompt. I would also recomend the FSR which is also prompt and ralphster44 is great with answering any questions pertaining to the FSR .

#4 What's the most "newbie-friendly" strain? I'm guessing one that spreads fast (minimizing infection chance) would be optimal, but I'm unsure of this. >>>>>>

I don't know that much about "newbie-friendly-strains".

peace and good luck

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Anonymous

Re: A few newbie questions? [Re: BrownPastures]
    #348958 - 06/25/01 09:40 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

No
No
SporeLab
B+

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates