Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
Tripping at gigs
    #3483254 - 12/11/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to see a band called "The Dogs D'amour" in a couple of weeks.

Since they're not a particularly heavy type of band I usually go see, and I'm thinking it will be a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere, I may munch a 2-3 grams of mushies.

Any thoughts /experiences relating to whether this is a good idea or no?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Tripping at gigs [Re: Hambo]
    #3483371 - 12/11/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say do it, but then again I love taking heavy doses of psychedelics at shows whether they are big or small, indoor, outdoor.....it doesn't matter. I just loved getting completely faced at shows.

--------------------

Offlinealphanumeric
connectingthedots
Loc: Alaska
Re: Tripping at gigs [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3485210 - 12/12/04 03:40 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i wouldn't do it if your aren't very familiar with their music

--------------------
if you get confused listen to the muscic play

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Tripping at gigs [Re: alphanumeric]
    #3485242 - 12/12/04 04:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i'd do it, but i would also make sure to give myself an exit if i get uncomfortable. hopefully you aren't dumping too much money into a cover charge in case you feel the need to leave and walk around...i prefer dosing at outdoor concerts for that very reason, but indoor is good too as long as i can move/dance/not sit still :smile:

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Tripping at gigs [Re: Hendostan]
    #3485302 - 12/12/04 05:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

never done it myself, but a friend dropped LSD and went to a Tool show. he said that was one of the best experiences of his life. that being said, go for it.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Tripping at gigs [Re: twilight715]
    #3485704 - 12/12/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

next time i see tool, definitely taking some sort of psychedelic. I was in an altered state last time without the aid of any substance. Just the music was so overwhelming and immersive i fell into the trance, ah it was great :laugh:

but back to you're question. I reckon you should do it. It all depends on the music, it'd be rediculous seeing a hardcore/punk band tripping, but more mellow, or experimental ("trippy")  music would be great.

I saw John Butler Trio - an awesome band! Great extended intros with some amazing eastern style guitar solos (on the 12 string and the lap-slidy thing)

Took about 85wet grams so approx 8.5 but i think i might've had a tolerance, anyway it was a good sized dose and an awesome gig!

At first i was standing but then i went to the back to sit, i dunno if that would be an issue but mushrooms always seem to make my tired and i felt i needed to sit.

There was no problem with the environment or ppl, just chill long haired hippy scum that were probly on sumthin themselves (This one security guard was the biggest fuckhead tho).

Anyway if the music is appropriate and the environment okay, then go for it and have a great time!

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
Re: Tripping at gigs [Re: el_duderino]
    #3485722 - 12/12/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Seems like a big confirm to me :smile:

Thanks for the input fellas.

In response to a few of these posts, I would say the band in question is not particularly trippy, more cheesy rock n roll. But quite an old band.. I expect a more mature audience. Relaxed vibe.
I went to see Machinehead last week for example. Tripping would be a definate no way. I was almost seeing stars just from lack of oxygen in the middle of the mosh lol.

The tickets costs were pretty negligible. though I do want to see them and was really pleased when I found out the lead singer was reforming a band under the old name, its not the original line up.

So I guess if I was having any sort of bad time I could leave without too many regrets, but I'm doubting that will happen.

Maybe I'll drop a post after to say how it went :smile:

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Tripping at gigs [Re: Hambo]
    #3485909 - 12/12/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

tool or a perfect circle* or incubus*

ummm, if your like me and have a problem with being around massive groups of the masses when trying to be enlightened i wouldnt suggest it

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies