Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle
    #3470076 - 12/09/04 11:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When a person has decided to turn to the things of God, the great big battery, The Big I am,Johva, Buddha...etc what ever you prefer.

Or a person has been there many times and still decides to turn to this thing we have many names for Religion, Church, Jesus, God etc....

What is the best way to handle your new way of doing things ?

Real Change is very hard how is it done ?

What ways do you use to turn the old into the new ?

When people in your past dig up your past how do you handle it ?

I ask these questions because I have turned to God and let God work in my life. I then have, more than once, turned away from God when I know that he is real and he has shown this to me many times. This struggle that I have been on is painfull sometimes. I just want to live for God and not have this struggle any longer.

Becoming a new creature is hard........ Any good advice ? :heart:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3470121 - 12/09/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Becoming a new creature is hard........ Any good advice ?

Find something with which you can truly humble yourself, and use that thought to point out (to yourself) whenever you take action which goes against this thought.

For example: find a person whom has given themselves over to God entirely, and learn about them. Read everything you can about them, and pay closest attention to the qualities of this person that you would like to emulate. Then realize that you, yourself, are nowhere close to this level. You are below this person, and have a long climb to reach their level of spirituality. Use this thought not to belittle yourself, but to REMIND yourself of what you are striving for and how you want to get there: by avoiding the things that will bring you crashing down (cruelty to others, ect).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: trendal]
    #3470163 - 12/09/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Here is the thing.......... I have been humbled, very humbled fro years at a time with no flucuations, like a rock.

But when I turn away I just become as I was. Not completely just I find it very easy to step into the street mouthed person I was raised.

The fruits of my life speak for God. The people thathave been brought to God are many. Both Poor and rich.

I just can not seem to completely shake that last bit of old man.

Like hanging on to that last thread to Me and not fuly letting go to God.

I think emulating a person is not going to work. Unless I am emulating Jesus................That is the point of living for Christ

But I see what you are saying, Action must line up with your humble nature and this must become your new TRUE nature.

That is the hard part truly holding on to that. While I might tell my wife to shutthe hell up from time to time I still love her and treat her right. But Humbleness has a funny way of slipping. Thsi si the problem I can not figure out why I start to let go of God. This has happened 3 times. :confused:

It is all about letting go and letting GOD live through me.

Lord help me..............

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisibleadrug

#3470168 - 12/09/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You cannot be perfect no matter how hard you try.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: adrug]
    #3470465 - 12/09/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

try would make one do that, try.. ??
doing would ... ??
:smirk:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (12/09/04 12:26 PM)

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3471686 - 12/09/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

FuckNuckle,

Ill offer some advice. Take what you want, the path you take is up to you. You can take it with the guidance of your supreme being or you can make a go of it on your own.

Quote:

When people in your past dig up your past how do you handle it ?

This question is one of the hardest for another person to answer for you. You must come to terms with your past. You must come to know that you are you, because of the choices you have made in the past. Like an old tapestry there are frayed areas that may not look the best but if you were to have changed them you would not be you. You must be happy with your self as a person. Can you look in the mirror and honestly say you are happy with the path you have taken and the person you have become? If not, you must come to terms with the path you have taken and the person you have become.

Quote:

Why does the way you handle things have to be new?

What is the best way to handle your new way of doing things ?

There does not have to be a new way of doing things! You need only open your mind and heart. You know what is right, you need only follow your heart. Drastic changes can be difficult. Take it slow, one step at a time. Over time the small changes accumulate to larger changes. The larger changes, change your life.

Quote:

What ways do you use to turn the old into the new ?

Changing the old into the new is a slow process. Take your time and take it one step at a time. It can be difficult and trying but always remember that there is a reason we walk the path we are on. We are always learning and it is the sum of that knowledge that we take with us.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3471718 - 12/09/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How hard is it to not stab your own hand? How hard is it to not stumble when objects are clearly illuminated?

If the insight is authentic, the change is automatic.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: Swami]
    #3471759 - 12/09/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If the insight is authentic, the change is automatic

And upon what pretext do you base that statement upon Swamster?*

*I hope positing that one simple question does not take me off Santa Swams list of those that are elidgeble for Christmas time goodies and mailings :smile:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3471802 - 12/09/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It is not pretext.

You know that your hand is part of you so you will not intentionally injure it unless you are mentally imbalanced. If one truly knew that we were all one, one would be as unable to deliberately hurt another as it would be to hurt one's own body.

If I turn on a light in a dark room, immediately you stop stumbling about. No effort or adjustment period is needed.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: Swami]
    #3471856 - 12/09/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If I turn on a light in a dark room, immediately you stop stumbling about. No effort or adjustment period is needed.

But here you are predicating a scenierio of what a person would do ideally, how about one(such as myself) that had a revelation from God(imo)but took many a year to accept an acknowlege due to my unfortunate circumstance(s) to have been affiliated(however briefly) with those of my own family that i myself saw breaking/ transgesing every single law as put forth in the 10 commandments?

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3471999 - 12/09/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

What if that person goes blind randomly (on and off) during the walking through of the room?

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3473585 - 12/09/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

>> What is the best way to handle your new way of doing things ?

With patience and determination. 

>> Real Change is very hard how is it done ?

With patience and consant vigilence. 

>> What ways do you use to turn the old into the new ?

With confidence in one's worthiness and in one's capacity, and a whole lot of patience.

>> When people in your past dig up your past how do you handle it ?

With patience, forgiveness, and by recognizing the deblitating effects of shame.

Sorry for the single-sentence answers.  I hope they don't come off as pious.  They are meant as generalized responses to generalized questions.

Patience is perhaps the most valuable spiritual quality.  Before beginning any spiritual endeavour, patience should be cultivated until we are rich in it's abundance.  That being said, it's extremely easy to cultivate patience.  After all, opportunities to practice it present themselves to us hundreds of times per day.  Developing patience is in itself practicing patience.  It's also helpful to recognize that the alternative to patience, selfish anger and frustration, does us no good at all.

Also, using an iMac helps tremdously.  It is a fantastic system, and works best with almost all of these applications.  IMAC is Intention, Mindfulness, Awareness, and Conscientousness.  Every morning, make the strong intention to use your day to further your spiritual goals.  Be mindful; don't forget your intention as the days events appear to you.  Use awareness; know when to apply your spiritual goal to your life's circumstances.  Be conscientious; avoid doing things that pull you away from your spiritual goals, and try to engage in the actions which draw you toward them.

For example, if our spiritual goal is to overcome our bad temper, we can use the IMAC system.  When we wake up in the morning, we can say to ourselves "Today, I will refrain from becoming angry at people or situations.", and make a firm intention to accomplish this.  Throughout the day, we maintain mindfulness by reminding ourselves that do not wish to become angry.  When an annoying person appears to us and makes an insulting comment about the clothing we're wearing, we can use our awareness to recognize the opporunity to turn our mind away from the anger that would normally appear.  Then, we employ conscientiousness:  we either remove ourselves from the angering situation, or if we feel capable we engage in the behavior opposite to what we're trying to overcome, such as patience or humility.  Instead of yelling derrogatory remarks and allowing ourself to become disturbed and unhappy, we might say "I'm sorry you feel that way," thereby maintaining our equilibrium and avoiding a lost temper.

The IMAC system works way better than the IBM systems everybody uses these days (Ignorance, Blundering, and Misconduct)  :tongue2:

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Spiritual Life and Real Life ,the struggle [Re: Ped]
    #3474414 - 12/10/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When you let go and surrender to god, do not assume a passive role, nor an active one. Become actively passive, akin to the active and intense focus and concentration recquired in conjunction with a passive and clear mind needed to achieve meditative states.

Sounds to me like you need to find the middle path. It is not a matter of accepting god or rejecting him. Don't bounce back and forth from a life with god and a sinful one without him. Merge these two lives, erase the duality. So the change is hardly instantaneous, as if switching from one mode to another. It is gradual as you learn to move away from the extremes.

Realization is instantaneous; any prolongation thereof signals a lack of instantaneous acceptance, which is perfectly understandable. Change can be fast for some, slower for others, and different depending what is changing. Accept this fact. Don't expect to get it right away. Accept this fact like you must accept the other side of you, the opposite side from whichever you currently are on. To deny any part of you gives it power.

Don't go around always thinking about your illusory ego and its illusory control over you. If it doesn't exist, then how can it influence your thought pattern so much? Indeed, it only exists in so much as you affirm its existence by your reaction to it. "Don't worry, be happy." Don't deny your other half, don't polarize yourself, don't try to be something you're not. Remember, realization is instantaneous; if you prolong it then the realization is not sufficiently internalized. You don't need to accept it right away...just don't think about it. Thinking blocks realization from going deep inside and holds it to the surface of your character.

"Enlightenment is the ability to hold two views at once and act objectively."

Transmute the negative aspects of your character, transcend them. Don't say "this is how I'll act" but rather, "this is how I want to act" and slowly change your natural impulses. Your being isn't set in stone, unless you think it is.

Sometimes it is necessary to dabble in life's conventionalities to carry out the work of god. For such tasks, it is extremely important to have a firm footing in the middle path, lest you become tempted back into the conventionality, or overly far away from it out of fear of seduction. When you play around in the world, always keep your higher goal in mind. Be in this world, not of this world.

Oh and know that it will all work out. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order