Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
fully colonized cake
    #346889 - 06/22/01 07:05 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

once a cake is fully colonized how do you remove it from the jar, just slide it out, touch it with your hands? will it be dry or soggy? thankyou, sorry for annoying newbie questions but I don't want to waste time and money just to fuck it up on an easy step like that, my pygmy goats are really thinking about starting to grow soon.

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: fully colonized cake [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #346896 - 06/22/01 07:40 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

First of all ...wait till you see some pins while still in the jar... you`ll have much better flush that way.... as for removing the cake just unscrew the lid and turn the lid over to use as a pedestal for the cake ..... then just strike the jar lightley upside down and i t should come right out :o)

Well, I stand against 2 mountains
Chop em down with the edge of my hand
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island
Might even raise just a little sand

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
Re: fully colonized cake [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #346967 - 06/22/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Just hold the jar upside down and smack the bottom a few times until the cake begins to pop out. It's OK to handle the cake a little bit--just be very clean.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: fully colonized cake [Re: Numba9]
    #347026 - 06/22/01 10:42 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Invitro pinning only helps your first flush with some strains, (PF strain is the only one that comes to mind, but there are probably a couple of others.) with other strains you will get a shitty ass set of mushrooms with the the pins either aborting or falling over as they mature, and having a funny looking cap to boot.

To answer the question at hand, just tip the jar upside down and give a good bang on the table, or with your palm on the bottom of the jar. Make sure your hands are clean or your wearing gloves when you handle the cake. Gloves aren't necessary and washing your hands isn't absolutely necessary, but its definately a good practice to prevent as much contamination as possible.

Tired of pimping yourself on the corner to afford spores? Well throw out that red dress and go to the FSR, for spores even you can afford.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineJ_Twista

Re: fully colonized cake [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #347376 - 06/23/01 12:39 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i had a jar with a shitload of pins on it and they were big and it was a pain in the ass to get out cause like 5 pins were coming out of the top and i didnt want to crush them. i had to hold my hand under it and try to catch it when it fell but there so many pins that it wouldnt slide out and for some reason when i hit the top it went in more. it took like 10 minutes to get out.

--------------------------
Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery!
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
I am Batman

OfflineJ_Twista

Re: fully colonized cake [Re: J_Twista]
    #347487 - 06/23/01 04:17 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

what what

--------------------------
Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery!

--------------------
I am Batman

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: fully colonized cake [Re: J_Twista]
    #347527 - 06/23/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

it's happened to a monkey or two around here... we feel you :wink:

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags