Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Ego Loss?
    #3462489 - 12/07/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I was just wondering what this meant. I haven't tripped before, and am in the middle of my first grow. I've heard it mentioned several times now, but I have no clue as to what it means.

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Ego Loss? [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #3462498 - 12/07/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh youll find out :biggrin:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3462520 - 12/07/04 11:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

search it... the main site has a summary.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: Ego Loss? [Re: dobinky]
    #3462563 - 12/07/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea, I searched it before posting the question. All I got was a bunch of Teks and Trip Reports.

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3462599 - 12/07/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Your ego is made up of all the things you both associate yourself with (For example, my ego contains an element that thinks it's smart) and all the things you distance yourself from (My ego distances itself from conformity). During ego loss, you lose this sense of self, no longer associating with the things you used to, or distancing yourself from the things you are used too, and instead open up and experience things as they really are, without the illusory shadow your ego casts over them.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: Ego Loss? [Re: tomk]
    #3462609 - 12/07/04 11:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wow...thanks dude.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3462645 - 12/07/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's a pretty intense experience..people that aren't prepared for it usually think they are having a bad trip. It's natural to try to hold on to that identity that you create for yourself..I am (name), I live here, I do this, I do that, I like this, etc..all this really does it separate you from other people and the world. Ego loss will strip away those barriers and you will feel "at one" with the universe, I guess you could say. It can be terrifying, because you feel as though you don't exist, time has no meaning, wherever you are has no meaning..you literally cannot associate with your everyday life, it is replaced with a completely new realm of existence....struggling to hold on to those things can make it a very bad time, but if you just let it happen, it is one of the most enlightening and wonderful experiences ever. You just have to remember that it will be gone in a few hours, and it can be very hard to convince yourself of this when it's happening..that's why it scares people so much. Try searching some posts and read some trip reports about it..it happens differently for everyone, but reading about it will help prepare you for whatever happens. Timothy Leary's Psychadelic Experience is a good one to read.. http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Ego Loss? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3462710 - 12/08/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hendostan, i like you . you're pretty damned smart :handth:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Ego Loss? [Re: blissedout]
    #3462756 - 12/08/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:thanx: don't tell anyone, they might start expecting it from me

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Ego Loss? [Re: blissedout]
    #3462802 - 12/08/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ego loss: The point in time in which you became nothing more then the color blue, or a blade of grass, a cloud in the sky, a current in the ocean, a drop of dew running down the stem of a flower. An emotion, happy or sad, dread, fear, hope, faith, glee, but not having any connection with thoes emotions other then just knowing they are there, that they are what everything is, but not really knowing because you lost the capacity to know. The point in time where there is no time because there is no you to think about the concept of time. There is no direction, no start, no end. It just comes to be, and comes to pass.

I find it almost impossible to describe ego loss becauses it's just to hard to describe any experience without puttinging a personal tag on it, even if it's not your experience your describing. It's not something that happens to you and you say, "wow, this must be it." You actually won't realize what happened to you until the experience has run it course and has dropped you back into physical reality. And even when you come to you don't really realize what happened to you. Sometimes it'll take hours or a day or two to fullly comprehend what had happened.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Ego Loss? [Re: djd586]
    #3462856 - 12/08/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup: exactly

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: Ego Loss? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3462929 - 12/08/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the detailed answers :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3463514 - 12/08/04 07:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Losing your personal identity and becoming one with the universe is the best way I can describe it. For some it can be a horrible experience. I believe people who find it disturbing have not learned to respect shroom magic and expect they are just doing them to "get off". Those who are seeking a religious experience will find just that when ego loss occurs. And in those cases it is a beautiful thing. Psilocybin mushrooms aren't going to kill you. When you come to understand that and to respect what shrooms can do for you if you allow them to, then high doses become easier to handle.

Ego loss is no fun if you are not happy with your life. Ego loss is no fun if you are in a crowd. Ego loss is not a lot of fun, for some, when in unfamiliar places.

For me, ego loss is the purpose for taking mushrooms. I want to lose myself in space and time and find myself on the otherside of reality. I want to break down the walls that have been built up around me by society. I want to look into my very soul and discover who I really am. It's only when you lose your ego that this can occur. Shrooms aren't the only way to do it. Some people are able to do it through meditation. Most of us, however, don't have the luxury of weeks for meditating and fasting that it usually takes to acquire that state. Shrooms assist you in getting right to it.

To obtain ego loss, you must give yourself over to the magic. Once you have established a baseline for your tolerance for psilocybin and know what it takes to get you nearly to the point where you can hardly speak, you know about what you need to do to obtain ego loss. My suggestion, which some will possibly balk at, is to wait at least a month after you find that dose, and then double it at a minimum.

For a first time journey of this sort, having a very close friend to watch over you is a good thing. I'd suggest having a close friend with you when you do this.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies