Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
TiT heater temps...
    #3456742 - 12/06/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Obviously the watts/gallon will have an effect...but what would you set your temp to usually? I just popped in my 150watt on 86 F and within a few minutes it was 86.6 and climbing, so I unplugged it and am about to tinker with the settings...was wondering if there was any rule of thumb?

THanks

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushrea
Stranger
Re: TiT heater temps... [Re: ADoobie]
    #3456762 - 12/06/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well as you said watts and gallons have an effect, but to be honest I think the best way to find out is to do just what you're about to do: tinker with the settings. Since most people here will have different thermometers anyway, I doubt you'll get a specific answer.

My advice would be to start lower than you think is necessary, and when the temp stabilizes increase in preset increments until you reach the desired temp.

Good luck!

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: TiT heater temps... [Re: mushrea]
    #3460278 - 12/07/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

watts should not matter...it is a thermostat....or should be at least. It will never hit exactly kind of like cruise control. Go below the mark then above then below then above. You will need to tinker a little, small adjustments

--------------------
the jent

OfflineLun4e
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TiT heater temps... [Re: jent]
    #3460334 - 12/07/04 03:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

150 watts is enough to keep a 30 gallon aquarium at ~80F. So unless you have a MASSIVE TiT setup, your problem is probably going to be that the heater is able to put out way more heat than is nescessary.

Now this probably wont have an appreciable effect on the water temperature (it may go up and down slightly) but the mechanism which causes it to turn on and off is a little metal strip. This strip bends depending on temperature. When its hot, the metal will bend and break the circuit, when its cold, the metal will not and thus the circuit will be completed and heating will be achieved. With such a powerful heater in such little water it may heat up so much that it overheats the water right around it, so it will turn off. As the cooler water in the rest of the tub cools down the water right near it again, the heater will kick in and start heating. This may cause the light to flicker on and off rapidly, which may cause a big decrease in the lifespan of the heater.

As a direct response to your question, i suggest setting it to ~4 degrees lower than you want, checking the temp after it's had a chance to warm up, then adjusting in small 2 degree increments until its where you want it. Good luck!

--------------------
How to make your 50/50 casing 50/50+ with only eggshells:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6519162&page=0&vc=#Post6519162

Offlinedjred

Re: TiT heater temps... [Re: jent]
    #3460336 - 12/07/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yup i just use a heating pad witha towel folded twice under my tnt..why spend the extra 15 bucks on a fish tank heater..when heating does always stay on agrees,but mine on low keeps at 92 roughly by the time it heats up the it looses some heat for sure in the water transfering through the tubs

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: TiT heater temps... [Re: djred]
    #3461071 - 12/07/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

heating pads are not designed for that kind of use, it could cause an electrical fire in time....just might want to think that one through in the long run

--------------------
the jent

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom