Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
What IS "belief"?
    #3455365 - 12/06/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"belief", "believer", you always hear these words when Christianity is being discussed, but what does that mean?

You only have to "believe" something if you do not "know" something.

So then "believers" are people who do not "know", but who decided to "believe" something anyway.

Maybe because someone scared them with images of a burning lake of fire?

I therefore think it absolutely ridiculous and a definite sign of weakness to hear someone call themselves a "believer".

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What IS "belief"? [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3455618 - 12/06/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

belief is the leap over logic.
expedient. but not reasonable.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: What IS "belief"? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3455656 - 12/06/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What IS "belief"?

belief is from the past.

If you did not know something you knew, you believed it.

(was going to stay off the board whilst under this influence, but i might, so take it, "its yours")

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineAstrojax
Stranger
    #3456422 - 12/06/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Do you remember back in school when your english teacher handed you a sheet full of comments and you were expected to write either an "O" or an "F" next to each as you sorted them by opinion and fact?

You can seperate fact from opinion on the condition that it can be proven or not. A belief is just an opinion... but it's an opinion that the individual accepts as fact. The existance of god can not be proven or disproven... but to accept either as a concrete fact is simply rediculous.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: What IS "belief"? [Re: Astrojax]
    #3456431 - 12/06/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"but to accept either as a concrete fact is simply rediculous. "

well said  :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: What IS "belief"? [Re: Astrojax]
    #3456470 - 12/06/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Astrojax said:
Do you remember back in school when your english teacher handed you a sheet full of comments and you were expected to write either an "O" or an "F" next to each as you sorted them by opinion and fact?

You can seperate fact from opinion on the condition that it can be proven or not. A belief is just an opinion... but it's an opinion that the individual accepts as fact. The existance of god can not be proven or disproven... but to accept either as a concrete fact is simply rediculous.

Yes, whenever opinions and/or beliefs become held up in high regard as fact, that's when the "religious wars" start, and the wackos take to the streets with signs.

God, (assuming God exists) has indirectly (or on purpose) created a perfect climate for his own bastardization through his hiding the proof of his existance from mankind in this day and age.

Yet those who bastardize him and speak in his behalf when he has not in fact spoken place themselves at odds with their own continued existance.

I believe, as I stated in another thread, that God is not saying anything to us because we have turned his beautiful planet into a cesspool of hatred, greed, rules and regulations, and also trashed the actual physical living environment of the planet.

Therefore I conclude that God will speak at some point, but when he does he's not gonna speak nicely and come make sure that we are assured of his existance....

...he's gonna come speak to us with doom.

Then he's gonna clean up our mess, and re-invite those who never fucked up the first planet to live there. :thumbup:

And the meek shall inherit the Earth. :smile:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3456488 - 12/06/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The better word is FAITH

The keys to the truth of GOD can only be given to you by God if you first choose to BELIEVE. By stepping past yourself and into the unseen and truly honestly say. GOD I CAN NOT SEE YOU> GOD I WANT TO SEE YOU> GOD I TRULY WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE. HELP ME GOD TO HAVE THE FAITH TO FIND YOU

But the thing is this........... you must truly come to a point of deeply wanting to know God.

Some might say that it is nothing more than a meditation gone crazy. But until you see even past that. God is unseen and unknown.

Some people are lucky enough to get slammed with the realness of God and others must seek him in a much deeper way. I do not know all that God does. And sometimes quite frankly I get frustrated over understanding some things.

But I can tell you that I have seen many people do just this. Find God and become a very different person very quickly. In fact so quick that is would be crazy to say that is was anything other than GOD.

All Christians that I know have been exactly where you are. They just don't understand and that is exactly as it should be.

Prayer and study of his word is the place to start. The greatness of God can not be explained it can only be experienced. And until you experience the presence of God. Then you will not understand.

Hum.............. Kinda like this but times 1,000

OK do you remember the first time you tripped ? There were many people that said many things about what it will feel like. What it will look like etc........... But until you stepped out and tripped you really had no clue.

Same with God. There is just a point of no return in the" belief" that in fact God is real. It is by Faith alone that God can be found.

Lean not to your own understanding but lean onto God so that you may understand.

And until you can get over this. Understand it is like trying to get a person to understand a ACID trip time a thousand.

Does this make sany sense to you ?

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: What IS "belief"? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3456535 - 12/06/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Somewhere in the bible it explains that the things that prove the existance of God are readily seen.

If you can see tire tracks, but there is no car around, some people will claim that the existance of cars cannot be proven.

Much the same as the existance of God.

For example: What makes trees grow?

Why is there an assortment of different fruit trees that all taste good?

In other words, how is the Earth's nature so highly organized and conductive to life unless an intelligent being organized it to be?

Without God everything should be chaotic, and life should not exist.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3456553 - 12/06/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
Somewhere in the bible it explains that the things that prove the existance of God are readily seen.

If you can see tire tracks, but there is no car around, some people will claim that the existance of cars cannot be proven.

In other words, how is the Earth's nature so highly organized and conductive to life unless an intelligent being organized it to be?

as always it's just speculation :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3456584 - 12/06/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Because there is a speration between the spiritual relm and the wordly relm. That is why we can not just walk down the street and see God.

Remeber that God made earth, then Made man. We are infact very different from trees. We are made from the same stuff as we share the same relm.

The fact that Good and Evilness is all around you does in fact prove that there is a God. That there is a heavan and a hell.

Nature is a very organized thing so is God and his ways. But to understand it you must find God.

You are right without God life would not exist

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: What IS "belief"? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3456603 - 12/06/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
Quote:

Lightningfractal said:

as always it's just speculation :wink:

For people how do not have Gods wisdom and who refuse to find God in the way that God requires. Yes, then you are correct.

Specualtion about the truths of God are the truths of speculation.

The truths of God are the truths of God and can only be found through God.

--------------------

Offlinebobbyrox
Stranger

#3457941 - 12/06/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

belief means one has accepeted an idea as their own because it was proved to that person by some way involving accepting the idea because it is right (according to that person)

Offlinebobbyrox
Stranger

#3458035 - 12/07/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the idea that god's existance is proven by what we see around us is like saying that

one knows that when they see a guitar, they know that it was made by
Kramer (seinfeld).

If one has no prior knowledge of who created the guitar than how could one attribute the creation to someone who they are ignorant to?

u can't look at something and just know who created it unless u are given evidence.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: What IS "belief"? [Re: bobbyrox]
    #3458074 - 12/07/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've found that one must "believe" that something is possible before he can open his mind to "know" that it is infact true.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom