Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestick
Stranger

rye grain?
    #344061 - 06/18/01 11:41 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I am going to start casing pretty soon for the first time. and heard that if you use rye grain for the substrait that the fun guys are not as strong, as if you used brown rice.
so do you think i should mix them, so i can case and get potent fun guys too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: rye grain? [Re: stick]
    #344103 - 06/19/01 12:56 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Mix them I have never heard that, so I do not know if it is true I have used both and gotten good results on both

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores
----------------------------------------------
Donations to the shroomery
www.paypal.com (Account thor@shroomery.org)

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
Re: rye grain? [Re: stick]
    #344119 - 06/19/01 01:35 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Lemme guess, you heard that from some lovers of the PF tek since this is part of the dogma pounded in by that cult! It is dog shit! Rye is plenty suitable AS IS brown rice. If anyone can tell the difference in potency between rye grown and BRF grown they have a far more evolved palette than I do. And I would doubt that. As for BRF, it IS a good souce of protien, and I like to use it in substrate recipies. I also use organic wild rice flour. It is about twice as high in protien than your best brown rice, kinda pricy though. As far as being more potent, I doubt you can tell the difference! If someone would like to show me some laboratory proof, I will bow down here in from of everyone and announce my ignorance. There is a lot to be said for the placebo effect. If you have made it to the point of trying something different like casings. Go out on a limb and try some different substrates. Go to the hawkseye and check out Hawk's majic formula. I would hesitate to dog on PF and that genre of cultivators. I would hesitate to dog on anyone who has made contributions to the world of mushroom cultivation. But don't be brainwashed into thinking that there is one substrate that is the best. There are substrates that are the best for the INDIVIDUAL, not for the masses. I myself like rye. It is a more than suitable substrate and can be shaken for faster colonization. I ALSO like rice. They are both lovely! You might find that there are benefits to many different substrates. BUT keep in mind, many substrates have worked for MANY people! You might come full circle and find that BRF is the best for you....But find that out for yourself through expirementation. The fruits would have to be extracted in a lab to determine a notacable difference in potency per unit mass. Take that from someone who has an understanding of organic chemistry...Take Care...Rhino

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Re: rye grain? [Re: TrippinRhino]
    #344213 - 06/19/01 05:35 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

For instructions on how to use rye grain as a substrate check our website. It's under the methods section.

Need spores? We got spores!
www.mushmush.nl
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Offlinestick
Stranger

Re: rye grain? [Re: Una]
    #344363 - 06/19/01 11:21 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

That is just what I herd, I have never used rye grain before. But now i am going to try it. Thanks for the help :)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags