Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Shrooms + weed = new drug induced state?
    #3438667 - 12/02/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I did shrooms about 4-5 times this year. Before I did shrooms my weed trips had almost never been psychedelic, only mood elevation, expanding of senses, time slowing down etc.

Well now after taking shrooms, my weed-only trips are psychedelic. I see clear CEV's. Sometimes the whole room is whirling around. My attention is unlikely to focus on mundane things, I'd rather close my eyes to see what this new mind-altering device in my brain might be wanting to tell me. It looks as if the shrooms have drilled some holes, and now weed can open these holes but not completely. I'm constantly feeling bits and even whole chunks of a shroom trip, though I didn't take any shrooms.

I'm not sure if this is some new "oracle" so to speak. It may be that these two psychedelics create a brand new combo, triggered by the holy smoke? Perhaps it should be treated as a completely new drug, or a shroom-induced special state of susceptibility to a 3rd level of consciosness (as oposed to shroom-only and weed-only) that can be triggered by weed alone?

I'm not sure if it is legitimate. Does it have any similarity and relation to the real world? Can one divine (discover psychicly) anything useful from this new state of intoxication? I don't know. Perhaps. But it doesn't feel usual.

As you might have guessed, I'm writing this under the influene of this type of trip  :grin: :mushroom2:. So maybe if you see only rubbish, this is the bottom line:

If one has ever eaten enough of shrooms, he might be getting totally different future weed trips (only weed smoked). They are likely to be mostly psychedelic, less of a body high.

Is this common? Do some people actually enjoy it? :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Shrooms + weed = new drug induced state? [Re: alphaone]
    #3438680 - 12/02/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I normally smoke a bowl when the peak starts to wear itself thin.

Doesn't really do much other than make me stoned while tripping.

Sometimes I smoke it during the on set to take the edge off ala the the rising vibes that can drive your nerves crazy.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
Re: Shrooms + weed = new drug induced state? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3438771 - 12/02/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

since taking up meditation (soon after psychedellics actually), marijuana has completely changed for me too.

It's so much 'more', yet so much 'less' now.

It's tranquil and serene, yet awake and refreshing.

And it can definitely take you places you would never imagine the plant could :cool:

When mixed with meditation, it's like a whole different thing again. Lots of vibrational colour shifts, fequencies, tunneling effects, accelerating focus... it's really made it more 'worthwhile' to me than just watching a movie and eating chips (not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:)

take care, and stuff.

--------------------

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: Shrooms + weed = new drug induced state? [Re: deff]
    #3438911 - 12/02/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
It's tranquil and serene, yet awake and refreshing.

And it can definitely take you places you would never imagine the plant could :cool:

When mixed with meditation, it's like a whole different thing again. Lots of vibrational colour shifts, fequencies, tunneling effects, accelerating focus... it's really made it more 'worthwhile' to me than just watching a movie and eating chips (not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:)

take care, and stuff.

Yes, this sums it up pretty well. It's not exactly shroom trip, but more some kind of a mixture or a new quality to the weed trip. It's more controllable than shrooms, so one can remember more of it. It is usually like a 3-D movie. Sometimes I feel very close to discovering who I really am. Then it changes to e.g. total self-dinial of everything I have been and have achived during my life. Sometimes it almost throws me into the panic state. Then it rises me to love-exstacy state, almost unbearable in its splendor.

However, at most times the trip is just good. I'd like to know your opionion on this: Let's say

Group 1: people who only meditate without using drugs all their life

Group 2: people who after significant piece of life spent in meditation but then try drugs.

Group 3: people who did only drugs.

All these 3 groups will have some certain description of what they consider higher states of consciosness.

Will they coincide everywhere? Colide somewhere?

Are these two states so similar, that e.g. Group 2 be able to say that their previous experience of higher consciosness achived during meditation-only is totally equal, qualitatively and quantitatively, to the experiences they achived later in life by duing only drugs? Or groups 1 and 2 will describe in words their feelings of these two states in a very similar way? Yes or not?

And similar comparisons.... they must have been done already by someone. What do they say? Are these two states basically equal?

Edited by alphaone (12/02/04 05:38 PM)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Shrooms + weed = new drug induced state? [Re: deff]
    #3438927 - 12/02/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Marijuana simply makes me Eurphoric.

I find it an obstacle in meditation. You wouldn't meditate while you're plastered, would you?

--------------------

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
    #3438964 - 12/02/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Marijuana simply makes me Eurphoric.

Then you have not been drilled by the shroom, yet.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3438967 - 12/02/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't get 'plastered', so nope :smile:

But that isn't really a fair comparison. As long as a state of no-thought is attainable before ingestion of marijuana, I don't see why it would be any harder after (atleast for me).

But then again, drugs affect everyone differently :smile:

As for alphaone: I wouldn't know with certain as I fall only within the group that I am in :wink:. However, comparing my experiences in meditation with and without drugs, I would say the underlying state is the same but is expressed subjectively and uniquely to your current state of mind, or rather no-mind :wink:. The mask is different, but the face is the same, or something :cool:

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3439014 - 12/02/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Doing shrooms has nothing to do with getting stoned.

One can become psychedelicized and never touch pot in their entire lives.

Marijuana means nothing. I can't stand people who try to say pot is a spiritual drug. It's not.

When I get stoned, I get stoned to get euphoric. It doesn't matter how you slice it, everyone smokes it for that reason. Others will word it differently, "I get stoned to take the edge off" "I get stoned to relax" or "I get stoned because it's a social lubricant"

It's all bullshit, because it's the marijuana induced euphoria that takes the edge off. It's the marijuana induced euphoria that helps people relax.

The only people who actually benefit themselves from pot are those sick patients who smoke it avoid vomitting.

Everyone else doesn't need it, they simply smoke it because lets face it, euphoria kills boredom.

Medical Pot Activist = Legitimate

Legization Activist = Hedonist

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3439034 - 12/02/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
I can't stand people who try to say pot is a spiritual drug. It's not.

I can't stand it when people try to declare specific fact upon a subjectively interpretted situation.

For some people it is a spiritual drug. If it is not for you, then so be it. But it's not fair for you to tell others what IS or ISN'T.

You only make up the rules for YOU.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Shrooms + weed = new drug induced state? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3439074 - 12/02/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fine by me.

I'll smoke my pot to kill boredom, and I'll take my Shrooms to understand myself.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3439125 - 12/02/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Good plan. :smile:

I will do the same, because I actually agree with you... because I apply the same logic to MY OWN life.

But at the same time, it is important to stop and acknowledge that it is very easy for us to project our own life experiences into assumptions of how others experience life.

That's all I was saying. :smile:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms + weed = new drug induced state? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3439665 - 12/02/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What isn't spiritual, subjectively speaking (relative to intent)?

I need nothing, plain and simply.

Marijuana offers a unique experience with meditation and introspection which I would consider similar to the mushroom's effect but to a much lesser degree.

It also brings out euphoria, but so does meditation itself. Spirituality is about euphoria with life and understanding of self. Marijuana can be a useful aid if you are willing to drop its stereotypes and attempt to 'work' with it. (not that you haven't necessarily, just in general) :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3440012 - 12/02/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You make your opinions sound too objective, when the experience is completely unique to you. For me, marijuana is not spiritual like shrooms, but rather philosophical- concepts I've been thinking of become much clearer, or completely new concepts come up from following my train of thought. Marijuana's not going to make me realize the oneness of the universe like shrooms, but it's going to make me think about it. It's a good first step to the world of psychedelics

If all marijuana does to you is makes you happy, than all the more power to you, but I think you're missing out. A large part of the marijuana high is controlled by you and your expectations, as with many other drugs, so if you expect that it is just a euphoria to feel when you're bored, then that is what you will get. As for me, it enhances my thought, senses and meditation, and is one of the most useful tools to use regularly that I have found other than meditation

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinexpaladoshes
modern shaman

#10593234 - 06/29/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe the shrooms changed your brains energy wave lengths...so now when you smoke bud the altered state you enter is now MORE ALTERED because your brain now has the ability. just a thougt.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds