Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebenrules92
Tripaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: Ont-hairyohhhh
ultrasonics are hard to find
    #3437229 - 12/02/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Today i went to 6 stores to try and find a ultrasonic humidifier, i went to walmart and all they had was cool and warm mist , i asked a rep if they had ultrasonic humidifiers and she said she had never heard of it, so then i went to canadian tire , again warm and cool mist and they had never heard of a ultrasonic, went to home depo, never heard of an ultrasonic, went to zellers and again they have never heard of an ultrasonic humidifier, the rep at sears said she had never heard of it either, and as well as liqidation world ,,,, wtf is going on ????? are these people just fucking with me or somthing ?????  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: ultrasonics are hard to find [Re: benrules92]
    #3437239 - 12/02/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yep, they're just regular old employees, they know the "humidifiers are in aisle 6." I got mine at Wal Mart. It is a Holmes brand. 1.5 Gallon reservoir, says Ultra Sonic clearly on the outside. You find them in the pharmacy/medicine section at these stores. You might also, if you have one, try Big Lots, they have one for $12.99 that is only a .5 gallon reservoir, which just means a lil more filling, and beats $35 for the one like mine.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3437250 - 12/02/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They have them at every walmart I've ever seen. Chances are people just dont know whats on the shelf. If they havn't "HEARD" of it..that means they dont know what it is.. If they really dont have it, they'll say they dont have them. Many people just havnt heard of them before. I hadnt until getting into this hobby.

You need to really look at the ones at sears..the kind of humidifier you want will have a weird output..cool mists have fans for outputs generally but ultrasonics dont. Its very small..I know there are pics on the board especially if you find Magash's Martha stuff. Also look on the box for ones that produce "visable mist". Sometimes there are just different terms used. But thats what you want.

Are you sure you want an ultrasonic though, you do know a cool mist will give you fresh air exchange right? Ultrasonics are definatly the way to go for high humidity though they can't be ran 24/7 like cool mists because they put out to much fog..well anyways..good luck.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3437252 - 12/02/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Besides retail stores, Check thrift stores, second hand stores, Goodwill & such. You often find them for just a few bucks.

--------------------

Offlinebenrules92
Tripaddict
 User Gallery

Re: ultrasonics are hard to find [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3437303 - 12/02/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well i already have a coolmist ,,,, i have a martha setup in my closit with the coolmist and i was going to put the ultrasonic on a timer to go on 15 minutes every hour like my friend told me to do ,,, i have never had shrooms in it yet cause i just setup everything but the jars are almost ready for casing so i gotta find one soon ,,,,, but anyways i wasnt looking in the pharmacy/medicine section ,,, i guess i am going to have to go out and look harder at walmart ,, its just a pain in the ass that the reps dont know what they are talking about.

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3437320 - 12/02/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Is an ultrasonic even necessary then to humidify two PMPs with bulk casings? Do I only need my cool mist on 24/7?

Edited by spliffmasta (12/02/04 12:44 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ultrasonics are hard to find [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3437417 - 12/02/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Probably..it will depend completly on your ambiant humidity along with your humidifier..temperatures affect it too. Bulk casings usually provide humidity themselves with little misting. This is big bulk straw and poo though. If you mean grains..for a PMP or two a single cool mist could easily work.

Either way with a PMP perilite in the bottom will help add humidity though all the fresh air from the humidifer can cancel that out. again depends on your ambient humidity which varies not only from season to season and state to state but house to house and room to room. Only way to tell for sure is to find out. Spliff..if this is a bulk grow (straw or poo tubs) look in the logs for neglect teks..the best for bulk IMO. Small polyfil holes for air exchange and mist occassionally. The casing does the rest.

If you didnt look in the pharmacy section then definatly do so..they'll be at walmart for sure..like 30-35 bucks.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinebenrules92
Tripaddict
 User Gallery

Re: ultrasonics are hard to find [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3437441 - 12/02/04 12:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well thanks again for your help guys :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix